Industry perception & underdtanding logistic industryPresentation Transcript
Project : A detailed study on Import export procedure &
Company: Logistic Integrators (I) Pvt. Ltd.
Company Guide : Mr. Ajay Kavadia
Faculty Guide : Prof. Devang Patel
Objective of the study
• To study the logistic procedure of exports and
• To study the present scenario in Indian logistic
• To study the various transportation in logistics.
• To learn the Documentation procedure.
• To get knowledge the Indian customs process.
Flow of presentation
• Introduction to Logistic industry.
• Company overview.
• Detailed study on Import export procedure.
• International commercial terms.
Brief of Logistic industry
• Logistic is the management of the
flow of resources between the point of
origin and the point of consumption in
order to meet requirements.
• The modern logistic industry
continue to evolve as the breadth of
value added services warehouse
logistics providers offer does.
The general trend toward outsourcing,
The previously unprecedented growth of e-
The importance of the partnership aspect of
the marketer-logistics provider relationship.
Expansion: Three trends in the new economy
• The 21st century is an exciting time for
• Logistic Integrators is a company that
is focused on integrating a whole logistic a
clock work precision.
• It is a challenge to bridge the two
polarities of "Personal Approach" and
• we bringing an excellent service to the
door step of our clients.
• Logistic Integrators believes in lean
structure which is competent to adapt and
can adapt to changing requirements.
Brief of Company
• Deep thinking.
• Focus on work.
• No limit of thoughts.
• No limit of works.
» freedom for works.
“To provide the best platform for all your logistic needs by integrating
the entire logistic and supply chain with a system driven but personal
“To constantly look for „innovate solution‟ beyond boundaries‟ to serve
our customer worldwide”.
Global Networks- 65 Countries
Logistic Integrators represents India for LINK group!!
• Logistic Integrators- India
• Time World Freight- UAE
• Gulf Star- Qatar
• Go Trans- Romania
• North America, Canada, Brazil,
Germany, UK, Netherland, Holland,
Italy, France, Belgium, Austria, Spai
n, Switzerland, Romania, Turkey.
Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norwa
• Far East :
China, HK, Singapore, Korea, Taiw
an, Malaysia, Japan Thailand, Sri
lanka, Indonesia, etc.
• Middle East : SA, Iran.
• Australia, CIS, NZ.
• Africa, Ukraine.
A detailed Study on Import export procedure.
“Goods coming inside India from foreign country are known as
Import of goods normally requires involvement of
the customs authorities in both the country of import and the country
of export and are often subject to import trade agreement.
Terms Ex-works, FOB,
CIF • Rates for freight
• Packing List
• Certificate of
Bill of Entry IGM number
“Goods moving outside India to foreign country are known as
Exporting is selling goods in foreign markets as a way to earn profits
• To become global brand.
• To increase profitability.
• To expand sales.
• To develop a company strength & abilities.
• To diversify source to sales.
Agreeing upon pricing
Determine the payment
/ letter of credit
Sent purchase order
Certificate of quality
Prepare Marine or air
Transport by Marine or
Submission of docs to
Bank sends docs to
importers , payment
• Insurance certificates
• Shipping bill
• bill of lading
• packing list
• customs invoice
International commercial terms
The Incoterms rules or International Commercial terms are a series of
pre-defined commercial terms published by the International Chamber of
Commerce (ICC) that are widely used in International commercial
First published in 1936, the Incoterms rules have been periodically
updated, with the eighth version Incoterms 2010
• ICD visit.
• Airport visit.
• Marking & Labeling to the cargo.
• Meet with CHA.
• Container stuffing.
• Every document performed in forwarding industry are
precious and important, a single mistake can create a mess for
the whole company to operate at next moment.
• Every employee perform same activates in regards to job
functioning in daily routine So no new learning's at the job can
not be gained, but Expertise can be obtained.
• Every work has a defined process in custom which is too
vague and complex.
• I feel documents which are prepared on
paper, plays a major role in International
competition, if custom clearance done through online
then it should be simpler with less paper movement.
• I feel the IT infrastructure in the government should
be much more advanced than the present.