Show video afterwards - Inocente co-director Seth Fine claimed the site had “really helped galvanise a community.” Speaking to Mashable.com at the Oscars, Fine said, “It helped fund a bunch of the film and kept us going through post-production. It's a great outlet for films, especially for documentaries.”
Kiva has arranged nearly $250 million in loans while Kickstarter users pledge funds to the tune of $2 million a week.
MobileOffline & online
Status updates between Sunday and Thursday are shown to get the most exposure. As for specific timing, post at around 8pm when most people have finished work and are free to check out the latest Facebook updates.- Create a call to action
1. CROWDFUNDING THE PRACTICE OF FUNDING A PROJECT OR VENTURE BY RAISING MANY SMALL AMOUNTS OF MONEYFROM A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE, TYPICALLY VIA THE INTERNET.
2. WHY CROWDFUND?
3. MANY > ONE
4. BUILD COMMUNITY AROUND YOUR CAUSE
5. PROOF OF CONCEPTGREAT FOR THE NEXT STAGE OF YOUR VENTURE
6. ELEMENTS OF A GOOD CAMPAIGN
7. STORYTELLINGWHAT IS YOUR WHY?MAKE IT PERSONAL.
8. Watch Simon Sinek TEDx Talk: “How Great Leaders Inspire Action”
9. IT’S NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU DO BUT WHY YOU DO IT.
10. TRANSPARENCY KEEP SUPPORTERS INFORMED THROUGHUPDATES, IMAGES & VIDEOS
11. KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE LEVERAGE YOUR NETWORKSSTART WITH FRIENDS, FAMILY &LIKED-MINDED ORGANIZATIONS
12. TIMING IS EVERYTHING KEEP MESSAGES CONCISE, WELL-TIMED & ENGAGED
13. TWEET ME @KALSOOM82 KLAKHANI@INVEST2INNOVAT E.COM