Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
Discover your personality
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×

Introducing the official SlideShare app

Stunning, full-screen experience for iPhone and Android

Text the download link to your phone

Standard text messaging rates apply

Discover your personality

492
views

Published on

Published in: Technology

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
492
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
25
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. Discover Your Personality By Tayyiba Mushtaq. Zhejiang University China. tayyiba@zju.edu.cn
  • 2. Personality Type “We live in an extrovert world; about 75% of people are extroverts, leaving 25% to be introverts.” (The Introvert Advantage by Marti Laney) We are different in faces and nature as we have individual differences that make life unique to others .
  • 3. We are all a blend ofintroverted and extrovertedcharacteristics. You can nothave the benefits anddownfalls of only onepersonality type.
  • 4. Introverts Carl Jung introduced the “introversion” and “extroversion” terms. Introversion as “the state of or tendency toward being wholly or predominantly concerned with and interested in one’s own mental life.”
  • 5. Introverts are: Reserved Shy Solitary Relate to others through one’s experiences Be misunderstood by strangers
  • 6. Extroverts C. Jung defined extroversion as “the act, state, or habit of being predominantly concerned with and obtaining gratification from what is outside the self.”
  • 7. Extroverts are:  Enthusiastic  Self-confident  Sociable  Friendly  Outgoing
  • 8. Psychic Energy The correct definition Jung gave introversion and extroversion is the direction of psychic energy. If you have an inner flow of psychic energy, your energy builds from solitude making you an introvert. If you have an outward flow of psychic energy, your energy builds from interactions with people making you an extrovert.
  • 9. Introversion and Extroversion Model Since Jung, the Myer-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test is famous for its accuracy at defining people’s personality type. Introversion and extroversion is one of four dichotomies in a MBTI test, but by itself provides a lot of insight into your own way of feeling and behaving.
  • 10.  Jung said the degree of introversion and extroversion varies along a continuum. We exist between the two extremes.
  • 11. Introverts Versus Extroverts A study by Dr. Debra Johnson tells, Introverts brains were stimulated more than extroverts; they had intense blood flow through brain regions responsible for memory, planning, and problem solving. She concluded based on blood flow in the brain that introverts revel in their inner world while extroverts direct their focus on the outer world.
  • 12. You cannot transform yourself from one personality type to the other but you can change from an introvert to an extrovert in the sense that you can become more social.
  • 13.  There is a lot to love about your personality so stop being ashamed of it. Whether you are an introvert or extrovert, you can make friends, persuade people, and live a life you enjoy.
  • 14.  Accepting and enjoying your dominant personality traits can lead you to a happier and fulfilled life.
  • 15. Thank youA view from Longqing shan valley Hangzhou