1. The Indian tsunami warning system s1180212 Taisuke Kasai
2. What is the Indian tsunami warning system?● the Indian tsunami warning system is said "Pacifc Tsunami Warning Centre" (PTWC).● For more than 40 years, it has watched out for the dangers of big tsunami reaching the Pacific coast region.● But, it happened .....
3. The tsunami in the Indian Ocean in 2004● It killed almost 230,000 people.● Because, before 2004, it had happned to a tsunami like the tsunami in the Indian Ocean.● And many country did not have agencies watching out for a tsunami warning or reciving a tsunami caution.
4. After happening to the tsunami● The United NationÂs International Oceanographic Commission began to coodinate their efforts to create the earlier warning system than before.● It costed each countries own selves five years to make a large network , national warning centres or agencies, and so on for sismographic measures.
5. Heres how the system works (1)● When it happens an earthquake in the Indian Ocean region, data sent from various sources is transmitted Japanese sources.● For example, Japanese sources are the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre (PTWC) based in Hawaii and Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) in Tokyo.
6. Heres how the system works (2)● The PTMC and the JMA currently have resposibility for share tsunamiÂs and wacthÂs information with the Indian Ocean.● This function is need providers sent the informations from each countries called Regional Tsunami Watch Providers(RTWPs).
7. About the two centres in Hawaii and Japan● They have the primary responsibility, receive earthquake the tidal currents information in the sea and Deep-ocean Assesment and Reporting of Tsunamis (DART) sensors or buoys.● They also receive news, bulletins, telegrams, and information from other countries.
8. Finally, the carefulness● The tsunami warning system causes people to confuse when it issue an earthquake warning if its warning is an incorrect or defferent where if happen to the earthquake.● And if people become familiar a misreport, the peoples reaction is late when it happen to a real earthquake.