● The DotCom Bubble happened at the end of
● It is the unusual popularity of the DotCom
● Many of the DotCom companies were located
What DotCom Bubble?
● The DotCom Bubble is investment in stocks of
the DotCom companies which happened at the
end of the 1990s.
● That is the speculative investment.
● From 1996 to 2000, the NASDAQ stock index
exploded from 600 to 5,000 points.
● As a result, those investment is called the
● The Internet user began to increase in number
greatly from the mid-1990s. They were seen by
companies as potential consumers.
● Immediately, businesses saw the internet as a
significant profit opportunity.
● The retailer Amazon.com became the first
online book retailer in 1994. EBay was started
in 1995 as an online auction site.
● As the internet became increasingly
commercialized, many online businesses and
their founders became rich.
● At the peak of the DotCom bubble in 1999, it
was said that a new DotCom millionaire was
created every 60 seconds in Silicon Valley.
● By early 2000, reality began to fall.
● Investors soon realized that the DotCom dream
had devolved into a classic speculative bubble.
● Within months, the NASDAQ stock index
crashed from 5,000 to 2,000.
● The NASDAQ further plunged to 800 by 2002.
● The price of the stock of Microstrategy fell into 4
dollars from 3500 dollars per share.
● In 2001, the U.S. economy experienced the
DotCom bubble recession.
● Many people lost a significant portion of their
savings, if they had invested in tech stocks.
● The DotCom bubble was the historic
● The bubble started in the end of the 1990s, and
burst in 2000.
● Many IT-related venture business called
"DotCom companies" was established in that
● There are some companies which survived till
● The Dot-Com Bubble
● Dot-Com Bubble
● What was the Dot-Com Bubble?
● Wikipedia: the Dot-com Bubble