2. • Part of Sabre and Travelocity• Powerful and historic brand in the UK• Synonymous with “e-commerce”• Overall sales in the billions• Top seller of West End shows• Top 50 Google advertiser• Dozens of sites and brands• Client of TagMan
3. “Remove advertising, disable aperson or firm from proclaimingits wares and their merits, andthe whole of society and of theeconomy is transformed. Theenemies of advertising are theenemies of freedom.”
4. EU Privacy Directive = There are no problems, only opportunities to be creative
5. Use the EU Privacy Directiveto promote your brand!
6. “The consumer isnt amoron; she is your wife.You insult her intelligenceif you assume that a mereslogan and a few vapidadjectives will persuadeher to buy anything. Shewants all the informationyou can give her.”
7. “The more informativeyour advertising, the morepersuasive it will be.”
8. Audit EVERYTHING! • CYA/Hire an auditor • Use Ghostery etc. • Look in Tagman
9. “There is no need for advertisementsto look like advertisements. If youmake them look like editorialpages, you will attract about 50 percent more readers.”
10. “Every advertisementmust contribute to thecomplex symbol, whichis the brand image.”
11. Notification options• Footer version (notification, implied consent)• Subtle header (notification, implied consent)• Big header (notification, implied consent)• Overlay version (notification, real opt-in) Leading to
12. EducationOpportunity • Interesting • Fits the brand • Actually educational • Sells the brand Leading to
13. Opt out!Hooray TagMan!!!
14. “Never write an advertisementwhich you wouldnt want yourfamily to read. You wouldnt telllies to your own wife. Dont tellthem to mine.”