Silverlight works across a range of client, server and development technologies as you can see.And although we believe the best development experience comes from working with Microsoft products we acknowledge that you and your users have a choice and a preference and we respect that.
Everyone wants to know what’s next for Silverlight
The good news is that we announced Silverlight 5 in December!
Silverlight 5 includes a range of new capabilities across Media, Applications, Out of Browser and Tooling/Performance and will ship in 2011 with a Beta coming soon.
Silverlight 5 has a full GPU accelerated 3D engine built in
Out of browser applications now get additional capabilities such as multiple window support and…
P/Invoke for Trusted applications to access the full capabilities of the desktop like device access as shown here.
Don’t believe us!
1. MIX11 Recap<br />Frank La Vigne<br />Developer Evangelist<br />US Public Sector Microsoft<br />
3. Big Take Aways<br />Internet Explorer 10<br />HTML5 “Native” <br />Silverlight 5 Beta<br />Kinect SDK<br />Entity Framework 4.1<br />MVC 3 Tooling Update<br />WP7 “Mango” Update<br />Dev Conference coming in September<br />
4. The Unknown Developer Convention<br />
6. DVC-02 App Design for WP7<br />
7. Kinect SDK<br />
13. The 800 lb. Gorilla in the Room<br />
15. How HTML5 Devs See HTML5<br />
16. How Silverlight DevelopersSee HTML5<br />
17. The Trade Press Loves a Good Fight<br />
18. Choice is Good<br />
19. Works with what you have & what you know<br />
20. What's next for Silverlight?<br />
21. 5<br />Silverlight<br />
22. Silverlight 5 enhancements<br /><ul><li>XAML Data Binding
46. Shiny New Features<br />XAML Debugging with breakpointsfor binding debugging<br />Implicit data templates for easy UI reuse<br />Double (and multi) clicksupport<br />GPU-accelerated XNA-compatible 3D and immediate-mode 2D API<br />Low-latency sound effects and WAV support<br />Real operating system windows and multi-display support<br />Significant performance improvements, fixes and much more<br />
47. 3D<br />5<br />
48. Out of Browser, Multiple Windows<br />5<br />
49. Out of Browser – P/Invoke device<br />5<br />
50. Best Rich Internet Application Development Platform – InfoWorld 2011<br />