4. Narrows a search Both terms appear in same recordAND Terms have different meanings example: internet AND socialization Broadens a search Either term may appear in recordOR Terms have similar meanings example: (viewing OR watching)
5. Aristotle and ScienceFrancis Bacon and “doctrine of the idols” Marx and “critical theory”
6. Use these for biographical information, background information and details about rhetorical theoriesInternet Use the Stanford site for selecting a theorist or learning more about a rhetorical theory Use the Philosopher’s Index or Communication Mass Media Complete to find articles that analyze a theory or discuss contributions of a theorist
7. Click on Get@CSULBto determine availability
8. If it says… Look at the record and get it!
9. makes getting an article as simple as saying, "I want it!"
10. Click here to getthe APA Citation formatted
11. Get a Library PasswordGo to Coast https://coast.library.csul b.edu/patroninfoType in your name, CSULB I.D. #, and a Password of your choiceConfirm Password by typing it twice moreIf the screen shows your name- it worked! If you forgot your password call: 562 985-5512 and get it erased so you can create a new one!
12. Become a Fan of the Library on Facebook! Dennis Dyck @DennisDyck on Twitter Like Us NOW!
13. !!!http://csulb.libguides.com/commclassesOffice Hours:Updated weeklyEmail: Put thecourse and yourname in the subjectlineInstant Message: ifthe chat box saysonline- ask me aquestion!