Building Successful PartnershipsPresentation Transcript
Building Successful Partnerships
June 24, 2014
A network of
Goal: To work collaboratively with professional immigrant associations
to increase their capacity to connect their skilled immigrant members to
5:30 pm Registration & networking
6:00 pm Welcome and introductions
• Venue host: Charlie Min, Investors Group
• Welcome to our facilitators
6:10 pm Setting the stage with Dorene Weston and Elga Nikolova
6:35 pm Workshop presentation and Activities
7:50 pm Wrap up
8:00 pm Thank You and Close
Join us on Twitter @TRIECPINs and tweet about your workshop
Who’s in the room?
• Association of Romanian Engineers
• CIMA Canada
• EXATEC Ontario
• Filipino Canadian Professionals
• Latin Project Management Network
• M-Bridge Culture Integration Society
• New Canadian Media Professionals
• University of Asmara Alumni
• Alternative Career Pathways
• Thorncliffe Neighbourhood
• Colleges Ontario
• George Brown College
This session will help you learn:
• the value of partnerships
• how to evaluate partnerships worth pursuing
• how to develop win-win partnerships
• how to be a better partner
• how partnerships can help members connect
June 24, 2014
What is partnership?
an arrangement in which parties agree
to cooperate to advance their mutual
Why team up?
• Synergia (Greek) = joint work and
• The whole is greater than the sum of
• How will this end?
• Start as you mean to go on.
1. Build on your strengths.
2. Communicate needs and
3. Keep a record of your activities.
4. Good partnerships benefit both
• How are you feeling about this topic?
• More hopeful that successful
partnerships are in your future?
• Less hopeful?
• Any final comments?
Good luck with your partnerships and
please keep in touch!
Dorene Weston, Full Circle Consulting Inc.
Elga Nikolova, e-NOVA Consulting
• Follow-up sessions
• Upcoming PINs events
July 8th - Canadian Immigrant Fair
August 20th - PINs Quarterly meeting
September 20th – PINs workshop #2 on
• Evaluations: workshop and program
• Any other announcements?
Thank You for joining us today!
Please complete the evaluation form
before you leave.
Any questions or concerns come speak to a
PINs Team member
or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org