1. How do I make a speech? For Atsugi Zama Toastmasters Club Kiminari Azuma – ACS/ALS 2007 & 2008 Champion District 76 Yamato Bilingual Toastmasters Club Fantasista Toastmasters Club
2. Objectives • Objectives • To experience Azuma’s speech making process. • To experience Azuma’s speech mantras. • To create a speech helping each other. • To be able to use process and mantras for your next speech preparation.
3. Part 1 : Lecture 1. Speech Making Process2. My Mantras3. My “Writing” Mantras4. Point and Story5. Speech Title6. My “Writing” Mantra + Speech Title
4. Video : • “The Painful Peace-making Process” Inter-District A speech Contest Calgary, Canada
5. 1/6 : Speech Making Process Idea generation Reﬂec$on (Depression) Presenta$on Memorize Writing Practice Wri$ng
6. 2/6 : My Mantras When Mantra Resources Ideageneration “If my life ended tomorrow, what Darren LaCroix message would I want to leave for (2001 World Champion of Public children?” Speaking) Writing PREP Toshiyuki Inoue (2001 D76 Champion) Tell them what you are going to tell, Toastmaster Magazine Tell them, Tell them what you told them. Tell a story, make a point David Brooks (1999 World Champion of Public Speaking) Practice “Tough Times never last” Ken Izumi (2004 D76 Champion) Presentation Mieko Kobayashi (2009 D76 Champion Japanese Speech )
7. 3/6 : My “Writing” Mantras Speech PREP 1. Tell them what Tell a story Organization you are going to Make a point (Structure) tell 2. Tell them 3. Tell them what you told themOpening Point Tell them what you are going to tellBody Reason Example 1 Tell a story Tell them Example 2 Make a point Example 3 Conclusion Point Tell them what you told them.
8. 4/6 : Point and Story • Point • Is your message to the audience. • Is short • Is memorable• Story • Is your experiences • Supports your point.
9. 5/6 : Your Speech Title • Is a part of your speech.• Doesn’t tell everything, it tells a part of your point.• Makes your speech powerful, if you used the speech title effectively through out your speech.
10. 6/6 : My “Writing” Mantra + Speech Title Speech PREP 1. Tell them Tell a story Speech Title Organization what you are Make a point (Structure) going to tell 2. Tell them 3. Tell them what you told themOpening Point Tell them what you Tell your are going to tell speech title Body Reason Example 1 Tell a story Tell them Example 2 Make a point Tell your Example 3 speech title Conclusion Point Tell them what you Tell your told them. speech title
11. Part 2 : Write a speech (Group work)
12. Part 2 : Group work • Objectives 1. Experience the speech making process. 2. Each team makes a 5 minute speech.• Instructions – Form groups – Nominate a leader – Nominate a speaker – Pick a speech theme. – Work together to make a speech – Have fun.
13. Speech Topics 1. My teacher2. Priceless XXXXXX (you decide.)3. My life changing experience4. The words that changed my life.5. Life is tough, life is beautiful6. Big failure in my life7. My enemy8. Unforgettable moment • You can choose other topic.
14. Part 3 : present a speech
15. Part 3 : Presentation • Instructions • Have fun.