1. FRSA FLASH THURSDAY, 12 APRIL 2012 .Special Points of InterestTHOUGHTS 2Alpha FRG Mtg 4OPERATION 5PURPLETHEATER 8SPECIAL NOTE 12May Bravo FRG Mtg 15LTC StillerTF MTN Eagle CdrCSM EscaleraTF MTN Eagle CSMMichele GallowayTF MTN Eagle FRSAOffice 315-774-1206Cell 315-836-6496 FROM 277th FRSA: Operation Purple Camp applications are being ac- cepted now. These are free summer camps for qualifying military depend- ents. There are 2 camps available in NY State, Camp Wabasso locally from July 29, 2012 - August 3, 2012 and Pioneer Camp from July 8, 2012 - July 13, 2012 in Western NY. There are also camps available in other areas of theContents of this newsletter are compiled from multiple Military Family news sources. Material pre-sented does not represent the views or endorsement of the 10th CAB or the Army. This material is forpersonal use of the readers. All readers are encouraged to do further research for all applicable re-strictions and guidelines.
2. PAGE 2 FRSA FLASH THOUGHTS TO CONSIDER !!!Purpose is the power that directs our lives! A life of fulfillment is discovered by searching forand finding the reason for living. Your life is meant to be lived to the fullest. Too many peoplelive only a fraction of their potential since they have never found their purpose. Rosa Parkswas a woman who discovered the power that drove her life.Rosas recognition of institutional injustice prompted her to take a stand for personal dignity.She believed that having to give up her seat on a bus because she was black was not right.The day she took a stand for human rights is recorded in history as the day equality for allpeople was highlighted in the United States. Rosa, as a middle aged woman found her pur-pose.Determine what really matters in your life. Get in the habit of doing what needs to be done inorder to accomplish the purpose you are resolute about for your life. Then, live your life to itsfullest potential. Like Rosa Parks, your purpose will impact the world around you!
3. PAGE 3 FRSA FLASH.
4. FRSA FLASH PAGE 4 ALPHA 277th ASB FRG Meeting Re-Scheduled for Thursday, April 19, 2012 @ Rhicard Hills Community Center, 5:30pm. Please bring a dinner dish and juice or soda to share. Look forward to seeing you there. Sarah Popp 937-541-6371 firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all the FACEBOOK pages. We have a page for the 10th Combat Aviation Brigade as well as each of our Task Forces within our Brigade.
5. FRSA FLASH PAGE 5When you hear "Operation Purple camp" you should think: Kids Serve Too! The National Mili-tary Family Associations Operation Purple camps are a time for having fun, making friends,and reminding military kids that they are the Nations youngest heroes.The Operation Purple program was created in 2004 in response to the call from military par-ents to "help us help our kids." The mission of the Operation Purple program is to empowermilitary children and their families to develop and maintain healthy and connected relation-ships, in spite of the current military environment. We do this through a variety of means, in-cluding the healing and holistic aspect of the natural world. The program is joint or"purple"— and open to children and families of active duty, National Guard or Reserve ser-vice members from the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, or the Commis-sioned Corps of the US Public Health Service and NOAA.Since its creation in 2004, the Operation Purple program has grown to serve approximately45,000 military children and teens. The Operation Purple program also includes family re-treats at national parks and specialized family camps geared to address the needs of childrenand families of our nation’s wounded service members.The 2012 traditional Operation Purple camp applications are now available! For informationabout a camp, please view http://www.militaryfamily.org/our-programs/operation-purple/2012-camps/ for the full alphabetical list of camps by state. APRIL 2012 Preview Is Now Available Online http://www.drummwr.com/ ClassesandEvents_files/ April%202012% 20Pre- view_FMWR_Preview.pdf
6. FRSA FLASH PAGE 6
7. FRSA FLASH PAGE 7
8. FRSA FLASH PAGE 8 What’s Playing at the Movies? Post Theater Bldg 10725, North Riva RidgeAdmission is $4.50 for adults; $2.25 for children 6-11; FREE for children 5 and younger. For more movie information, call 772-5571 THU APR 12 - 1900 Act of Valor (R) ALL SEATS FOR THIS SHOWING $1 FRI APR 13 - 1900 Gone (PG-13) 2130 Project X (R) SAT APR 14 - 1400 Dr. Seuss the Lorax (PG) 1900 Gone (PG-13) 2130 Project X (R) SUN APR 15 - 1400 Dr. Seuss the Lorax (PG) 1700 Gone (PG-13) THU APR 19 - 1900 Project X ALL SEATS FOR THIS SHOWING $1 FRI APR 20 - 1900 John Carter (PG-13) 2130 Silent House (R) SAT APR 21 – 1400 The Lorax (PG) 1900 John Carter (PG-13) 2130 Silent House (R) SUN APR 22 - 1400 The Lorax (PG) 1700 John Carter (PG-13)
9. PAGE 9 FRSA FLASH
10. PAGE 10 FRSA FLASH
11. FRSA FLASH PAGE 11
12. FRSA FLASH PAGE 12 APRIL 2012 COMING ATTRACTIONS AND ITEMS OF INTERESTApril 14 – Texas Hold ’Em Tournament – BOSSApril 14 – 4-Person Team Bowling Tournament – Sports OfficeApril 14 – All My Peeps Are In The Library – McEwen LibraryApril 14 – Masquerade Ball – School Age ServiceApril 14 – Youth Volleyball Tournament – Youth CenterApril 16 – Resume Writing Computer Lab – Army Community ServiceApril 16 – 20 – Week Long NAF Property Sale – Family and MWRApril 17 – Anger Management Classes – Army Community ServicesApril 18 – Positive Discipline for Children Class – Army Community ServiceApril 19 – Fort Drum Annual Volunteer Ceremony – The CommonsApril 20 – EFMP Autism Support Group – Army Community ServiceApril 20 – 21st Annual International Festival of Food – The CommonsApril 20 – Youth Karaoke Contest – Youth CenterApril 21 – Annual Blue Ball Rugby Tournament – Sports Please NOTE: The 2012 National Prescription Take Back Day will be held at the Fort Drum AAFES/Commissary complex on Saturday, April 28, 2012, 10am-2pm hours. Fort Drum Volunteer Appreciation Week April 15-21, 2012 @ ACS 7:30am to 4:30pm.
13. FRSA FLASH PAGE 13
14. FRSA FLASH PAGE 14
15. FRSA FLASH PAGE 15
16. FRSA FLASH PAGE 16
17. FRSA FLASH PAGE 17
18. FRSA FLASH PAGE 18
19. FRSA FLASH PAGE 19
20. FRSA FLASH PAGE 20
21. FRSA FLASH PAGE 21 Battle Rhythm: We are Moving In Gear! Hear the Sound, See the Smoke!!! Stay Clear! 277th is Coming Through This Year! Yeah!!!