1. Photo Credit: www.myspace.com/ladyaga THINGS WE CAN LEARN FROM LADY GAGA: Infusing Media in the Classroom
3. INTROUNIQUE PERSPECTIVEManager of Web Services and Social MediaTeach GEN 102, Foundations of Learning Part-timeGraphic DesignerGraduateCurrent StudentBlogger: www.edugeekgirlblog.blogspot.com
5. WHAT IS MEDIA?AGENDAHave Fun!Define Digital MediaWhy Use it?5 Lessons from Lady GagaExamples of How to Use MediaLearn Where to Find Resources
6. HOW ARE WEDEFININGMEDIA?
7. WHAT IS MEDIA?Photo Credit: flickr.com/photos/fleur-design
8. WHAT IS MEDIA?OLD WAYDigital Media- Digitized content (text, graphics,audio, and video) that can be transmitted overinternet or computer networks.
9. WHAT IS MEDIA?Photo Credit: www.flickr.com/hansoete
10. WHAT IS MEDIA?NEW WAYDigital Media- Expression. Communication. Interaction.A platform for human expression, social interaction,communication, and education online.Communication can be text, picture, audio,video, and who knows what else someday-based.
11. WHY USE ITIN THECLASSROOM?
12. Photo Credit: www.flickr.com/photos/snake_charner WHY USE IT? They Learn the Way They Live