1. Dermatitis : Inflation of the skin Combining form: dermat/o with –it is There are several types of dermatitis and they can be found on the arms, chest, legs or any parts of the bodyAtopic hand dermatitis Seborrheic face dermatitis
2. Melanoma: black tumor Combination form of melan/o with -oma This is a malignant tumor of melanocytes. Melanocytes ( melanin responsible for the color of the skin) are the cells that give it the dark color. These tumor mostly occur on the skin but can be found anywhere as long as melanocytes are present ( such as the eye)
3. Melanoma pictures
4. Ichthyoderma: scaly and dry skin Suffix –derma combined with ichthy/o This can occur on any part of the body’s skin Dry and scaly skin
5. Onycophagia: eating of the nail or more commonly known as “nail biting” Combination form of onych/o combined with –phagia. This bad habit is very common among people. Usually seen during time of stress, boredom or even impatience.
6. Medical Terminology, A Living Language textbook Google image for picture