Find your Passion
• Research majors and what you can do with your major.
• Take assessments, such as the Myers-Briggs Type
Indicator or StrengthsQuest, to identify potential
career areas that suit you!
• You will need an effective:
• Cover Letter
• Interviewing Skills
• Networking Skills
• The above link will give you access to:
• A Résumé Development Worksheet
• A How-To make a résumé
• Countless sample résumés in your area of study!
• Introduce you to future employers and can be an
essential first impression.
• Resources can be found using the previous slide’s link,
Networking and Interviewing
• Two essential components of landing a job.
• The best way to improve your skills is to practice!
• Schedule mock interviews with Career Services.
• Take advantage of social networks like LinkedIn and
Facebook, but be careful what you put online!
• Ask yourself: how do I want to be seen by future
• Apply for Internships
• Study Abroad
• Work On-Campus or Part-Time!
• Visit https://careers.tcu.edu/students.html
• And do not forget, put a link to your fantastic new
résumé on your portfolio!