TEACHERS DAY QUIZ - PRELIMS
SEPTEMBER 5, 2013
1. Identify the sports personality.
• DHYAN CHAND.
• His birthday is celebrated as National Sports
Day all over India on August 29.
2. Identify this Mahendra Sandhu
acted movie, which had a remake.
• The movie is AGENT VINOD. Remade and
released with SAIF ALI KHAN as the
• The national sport of Bangladesh
gets it’s name from the Tamil words
for hand (kai) and
• Identify the game.
• The game is KABBADDI
4. Code written on something regularly
transported and used in Mumbai.
• The coding used by the DABBA WALLAHS on
the dabbas transported by them
5. Which sports association does this
• ALL INDIA CARROM FEDERATION
• This former Chief Minister’s family had a
tradition in which after a baby was born,
the mother was asked what delicacy she
would like to eat, which would become
• Her sisters, therefore, are named after the
Jalebi, Paan and the Rasgula.
• Who is being mentioned here?
• MS. RABRI DEVI, FORMER CHIEF MINISTER OF
7. Fill in the blank, with a place.
• In March 1941, after assuming the guise of
a Pashtun insurance agent called Ziaudddin to
reach Afghanistan, he changed his guise and
travelled to Moscow on the Italian passport of an
Italian nobleman "Count Orlando Mazzotta“,
using a diplomatic car. From Moscow, he reached
Rome, and from there he travelled to Germany.
• What Bond like person are we talking about?
• Later in his life, he had also adopted a Japanese
alter-ego called Ichiro Okuda.
• This was created in 1874, by an English bakery to
commemorate the marriage of the Grand Duchess
Maria Alexandrovna of Russia to the Duke of
Edinburgh. It became popular throughout
Europe, and also has a great fan base among the
young and old of India. After the Spanish Civil
War, this became an icon of Spain’s economic
recovery after bakers made these in large numbers
to finish the surplus of wheat.
• What was so created?
• Each year, particularly during the period of
Makar Sankrant, you will hear this exclamation
from the rooftops of Gujarat.
• If you cut a kite, you can shout this Gujarati
phrase to indicate your achievement.
• What Gujarati phrase, made famous by a 2013
Bollywood movie, is this?
• This place is(was?) Asia’s largest market square.
• This was built by Princess Jahanara, the
daughter of Shah Jahan.
• The marketplace derives it’s name from the
canals filled with water that sparkled brightly in
• CHANDANI CHOWK IN DELHI