1. Presentation of OBMC – Online
Bank Management Contest.
1000 BANKS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE WERE
ALREADY INVITED TO TAKE PART IN THIS EVENT.
APRIL 19 – JULY 28 2010
1. About OBMC
• General introduction
• Goals (for participants, for banks)
• Target audience
• Flow of the contest
2. About FirstB@nkSim (online simulation platform)
3. Participation details
4. About organizers
3. 1. About OBMC – Introduction.
• During the past 24 months there has been a tremendous shift in many
economies. Corporate governance, business strategies and ethics have had to
change as a result.
• When it comes to the Financial Services Sector, corporate governance, risk
management strategies and company objectives have had to change due to
demanding expectations, increasing stakeholder demands and growing
• Through the Online Bank Management Contest we aim to prepare young
bankers for these changes and to educate them about responsible
leadership and risk management. The competition is based on the
creation of shareholder value with an appropriate risk-return profile.
4. 1. About OBMC – Goals.
For participants: For Banks:
• To expose young bankers, in • To develop Top Talent;
the beginning of their career, to • To improve the adaption of
the challenges of risk personnel to the market and
management strategies, competitiveness of external
corporate governance environments;
• To assist them in making • To offer alternative ways and
responsible decisions in order to opportunities to learn more about
obtain Share Holder Value for banking and the financial services
the bank; industry;
• To enhance the skills of high • To create opportunities for the
potential personnel active in exchange of experience, ideas and
Junior Management functions in networking among banking
banks and financial institutions; personnel internationally;
• To motivate and challenge • To enhance the overall performance
young bankers of the bank.
5. 1. About OBMC – Target audience.
The OBMC is ideally suited for the following profile:
• High potentials who have been earmarked by the bank for promotion;
• Junior bank personnel on an accelerated development program path;
• Bank personnel with a minimum of two years experience in the bank. This is
required due to the complexity of the simulation. They need to have a
banking background in order to have a fair chance at the competition;
• From job functions from all levels of the bank.
• English level (intermediate at least) is required, as the championship
will be in English.
6. 1. About OBMC – Flow of the contest.
• The first phase of the Online Competition commences on Monday, 19 April
2010 and ends on 4 June 2010. During these seven weeks each team will be
responsible for running a bank in a “virtual environment”. They will run
the bank for one and a half years. Teams will have to decide on their own
strategy and have to make decisions with regard to bank management,
portfolio mix, funding sources, marketing, branch network.
• The best 5 teams from the phase one will participate in the final of the
competition will take place physically in Singapore over a three day
period from 26 till 28 July 2010. Competing banks will start with a new set of
financials and a new economic environment. No results from the first phase of
the competition will be taken into account. Here again all teams will start with
the same portfolio of Assets and Liabilities and with the same share price.
7. 2. About FirstB@nkSim.
• What makes this OBMC so unique is the use of our Online Simulation
FirstB@nksim.The simulation is set up in a virtual banking environment with
economic indicators, regulations, monetary policies, industry and competition.
The entire simulation is set up as close to reality as possible.
• An entire banking module has been designed with different economic
scenarios for each quarter and real competition. There are also four major
E-Learning Modules built into this Online Simulation. These modules
help participants along the way with theory on relevant topics and banking
• The simulation allows young bankers to actually run their own virtual bank.
Participants have to do everything in their power to gain as much profit for
the bank as possible resulting eventually in Share Holder Value Creation.
Along the way we bring in some challenges. Competition is included in the
simulation where teams compete against each other as it is in the real world.
8. Business Simulation – definition.
Business simulation is one of the most
effective training technologies,
developed on “learning by doing”
concept, which ensures 75% retention
rate of knowledge and skills of the
Business simulations create real life
business situations without
experiencing financial consequences of
mistakes and miss-strategies. On the
other hand, participants have a unique
opportunity to try, fail, try again,
succeed and learn.
9. 3. Participation details.
• Registration Fees for participation in the OBMC amounts to EUR 1,800 per
team (EUR 450 per team member) or USD 2,700 per team (USD 675
per team member).
*if more than 2 teams will participate from one bank discounts of 15 and 20%
will be offered
• An invoice will be sent upon receipt of a completed registration form. Fees
can be paid by electronic transfer or by credit card through our secure
payment portal. Please note, payment must be received prior to the start of
Registration period: 1st of December 2009 – 1st of March 2010
Championship run: 19th of April 2010 – 28th of July 2010
10. 4. About organizers – Simarch NV.
• SimArch NV was founded in 1999 in Belgium by CEO Ziegfried Vermaak.
We are an international full-service provider of education within the Financial
• We offer a wide range of products and services to our clients across different
levels in the organisation. Our products and services include consulting,
workshops, online simulations, online business games and online
competitions. By utilizing the latest technology we continue to anticipate,
innovate and develop to provide quality learning solutions within the Financial
• Our Client Portfolio includes clients in over 40 countries following
target next groups: Commercial Banks; Central Banks/Development Banks;
Regulatory Authorities; Consulting Companies; Microfinance Institutions;
Leasing Companies/ Financial Institutions; Universities and Business Schools;
Bank Training Associates.
11. 4. About organizers – TALENTKAPITAL.
Methodologies and training programs that TALENTKAPITAL designs are based on
practical instruments and platforms that develop the necessary set of
knowledge, skills and competencies for the 21st century.
TALENTKAPITAL is a leader on the Ukraine’s market of practical and
accelerated learning. The technologies that we use in our programs are:
- Business - simulation
- Business - cases
- Business - games
TALENTKAPITAL has experience in working and delivering educational
programs on Ukrainian, Moldavian, Romanian, Russian and Lithuanian
12. Business simulations in Ukraine.
TALENTKAPITAL is strategic partner and
the official provider for Eastern Europe of
the following global simulations
developers: Cesim (www.cesim.com) and
TALENTKAPITAL provides Ukrainian
market with the following simulations:
General Management, Banking,
Marketing, Service, Project Management