1. Career interview: Primary teacherby Teh Sze Chin Madam Ng Hong is my college since year 2002.When I came to this school, shewas the GPK HEM of this school. She is a kind and caring person. She shared all herteaching experience to all the teachers in the school. She always helps the people whoneed help. When I ask her help in my teaching problems, she will patient to teach me andexplain to me how to solve the problem. I choose Madam Ng Hong as my interviewperson because I am so curious why my classmates cum college all choose Madam NgHong as their interview person. But after I finish interview with Madam Ng Hong, Iknow the reasons. She is hardworking and caring person. I am no regret to chooseMadam Ng Hong as my person interview for this report. In the interview, she taught usmany things to be a good teacher. I am so glad to have this interesting interview with her.And I hope I can be a great teacher as her in the future. Madam Ng Hong had born on 17 January 1954 in Pontian, a small fish village inJohor state. She is 57 years old. Her hobby are sewing, gardening and reading. She has asmall garden in front her house. She take care her flowers every evening. She tells methat, sewing and gardening can train our patient. Even we feel hard to carry out thesewing and gardening, after we see our products at the end, we can get psychologicalsatisfaction. It is like our life, we need do the hard to get the success. She also has a petdog named Charcoal. This chi Wawa pet dog was present from Madam Phang Hue Pinafter her husband passed away in year 2010. She always takes her dog go for a walkevery evening. She tells me that, the dog same like her son, it accompanies her all thetime. So she will not be lonely when she stays alone in home after her husband passedaway. Madam Ng Hong started her primary study at SRJK(C) Tat Tong, Pontian. But,she changed school to SRJK (C) Tong Kang Pecah, Batu Pahat in second semesterbecause her family decided to move to Tong Kang Pecah, Batu Pahat, Johor. She finishedher primary study to standard six in this school. After graduated from primary school, herfamily decided to move to Yong Peng so she studied ‘Peralihan’ class in SMK convent,Yong Peng about one year. Later, she followed her family moved again to Kluang, Johor.
2. Thus, she spent her Form One to Form Three study life at SMK Convent Kluang about 3years. After that, she transferred to SMK High School to continue her Form Four andForm Five study. After graduated from secondary school, she went to continue her Form Six studyin a private school in Kluang because she found that her knowledge no enough to her tobecome a school teacher. Later on, she applied to study in Maktab Perguruan Ilmu Khas,Kuala Lumpur to try to complete her dream to be a knowledge school teacher. After shegraduated from Maktab, she was posting to SMK Dato Menteri Batu Pahat, Johor in year1979. In year 1998, Madam Ng Hong found her weakness in teaching, so she decided toimprove herself in the study field. She asked a few friends who came from differentschool included her young brother, Ng Kok Chong to apply the Mathematics Degree inUniversity Kebangsaan Malaysia together. They were so luckily to get the offer from theUKM. In year 2002, they finished their degree study from the UKM. Madam Ng Hong laughed that, in her study memory, the deep one was she kept tomove from one place to others. Even she felt sad to separate with the old classmate in theschool, she also got chance to know many new friends in each school. Madam Ng Hongalso told me that, “We can’t learn all the knowledge in our life time, but we can keepwork hard to improve ourselves until we became old. Due to the knowledge is our worthytreasure in our life.” I am so agree about her words. I think I was learned many thingsfrom Madam Ng Hong through this interview. Madam Ng Hong married in year 1983. Her husband is a landholder of a smallestate in Ayer Hitam. Her husband was passed away suddenly in year 2010. Madam NgHong was shocked because her husband passed away in suddenly. At the same time, onlyher youngest daughter stays with her in the home. Her first daughter was teaching inJohor Bharu, her second daughter was studying in German. She was doesn’t know whatcan she do after heard the bad news. Luckily, all her colleges and friends were come toher house to concern her and support her to over this sadness. Every day, theheadmistress, Miss Tham Poh Choo went to her house to concern and accompanies herafter school. She also advises Madam Ng Hong went out to eat and shopping together torelax her from the sad of lost her husband. Madam Ng Hong feels very thankful for allher colleges and friends.
3. After her husband passed away, Madam Ng Hong not only needs to finish herworks in school, she also needs to take over her husband’s business. She needs workshard in both jobs. But, she never gives up, she does hard to complete both jobs in well.She said that, “feel desperate in loneliness, and feel strong in desperation”. I am sotouching on her words. She really is a strong woman as I saw. I hope I can be as strong asher. Before Madam Ng Hong came to our school, her young brother, MR. Ng KokChong was teaching many years in our school. I know her brother after I started to be thetrainer teacher in year 2003. From him, I can know that Madam Ng Hong is a goodsister. She always concern about her brother’s life and help him when he met anyproblem. Her brother said, her sister in law did not has higher education background,Madam Ng Hong always help her husband in his business when she free. Both of themlove each others. Both of them also volunteer in all charity activities in Taman UPC. Hewas admiring her sister and so happy has a nice sister. When he got the sadness news, hewas very sad and tried to accompany her sister when he frees to help her over thissadness. Madam Ng Hong has three daughters, her first daughter named Law Kee Nee.She is 27 years old, she was born on 9 August 1984 in hospital Batu Pahat. She works asEnglish teacher in Johor Bharu about 3 years. She graduated from UUM in year 2008.Her second daughter named Law Kee Hwee. She is 26 years old. She was born on 10October 1985 in Muar hospital. She is an engineer in Thailand about 2 years. Shegraduated from electrical and electronic, German in year 2009. Her third daughter namedLaw Kee Gui. She is 20 years old. She was born in 11 February 1991. She studiesAccountancy course in MMU from year 2010. Every holiday, Madam Ng Hong will go to visit her daughters. In short termholidays, she will go to Johor Bharu or Melaka to visit her first and third daughters. Inlong term holidays, she will go to Thailand to visit her second daughter. Every time sheback from holidays, she will buys many souvenirs to all colleges and friends. She willalso share the photo and experience in her travels to all colleges and friends. She wasvery precious the time together with her daughters.
4. Madam Ng Hong’s 1st posting was English teacher in SMK Dato Menteri BatuPahat, Johor from year 1979 to year 1983. She transferred to SMK Jalan Batu Pahat,Kluang Johor from year 1984 to May, year 1985. From June year 1985 to year 2002, shetaught as English teacher in SMK Tun Ismail. Due to her contributes in the teaching, shewas promoted to be the GPK HEM in SRJK (C) Hwa Min. But she applies to transfer toour school, SRJK (C) Malayan because more close to her house. Now she is teaching asGPK HEM in my school, SRJK (C) Malayan since year 2002. Madam Ng Hong is aresponsible and kind person in work. All the teachers and students in school love her verymuch. Madam Ng Hong said, she willing to be a teacher because the teacher is aresponsible and caring job. A teacher responsible to teach the children to learn in good,teach them to learn the knowledge and good behaving. Her aim to be a teacher is to teachthe pupils to become good citizens and have a good prospect in the life. She also teachesher daughters with this purpose. She said, she was so happy to see her daughter grow asher wish. They are filial to the parents and never sad her heart. Even her daughter no staywith her now, they always call her and concern her daily life. Madam Ng Hong likes the job as teacher very much. She said, as a GPK HEMhas to shoulder many responsibilities in school. It also can cope up with the duty given.But she said that, this position also very challenging. She has to do the students’ affairsgiven by the PPD within short notice of time. Although this is a tough job, she will nevergive up. Madam Ng Hong said that, teacher is a respect job because responsible to teachthe knowledge to the students. We need try all our best to teach them to learn theknowledge. We need treat the students as our own children. Even some students is poorin learning, we still can’t give up teaching them. We must be a fair and judge teacher toall our students. Madam Ng Hong teaches Mathematics and English subject from standard 4 tostandard 6 in our school. She uses the interesting way to attract students to learn in well.She always suicides her free time to open extra class to the students who poor in learningwithout rewards. Even some teachers absent to school because sick, she also willvolunteer to help them replace the class. She said that, she will do that because shedoesn’t want the students lost the chance in learning. Sometime, she also will meet some
5. naughty students who always make her tears. But she also uses her patient to teach themto learn well. All the students and parents are thankful to her because she is caring to allstudents in the school. Madam Ng Hong always buys some small gift to encourage thestudents who reach good results in their study in the school and she will patient to advicethe students who poor in study to work hard in their studies. Sometime, she also staysback in the school to gives free tuition to the poor students in the school. She is a softheart person. She always tries her best to help the students from the poor family to applythe donation from charity society. Besides that, she also will buy some stationary whichneed for schooling to the students who come from the poor family. She says that, shedoesn’t her students lost chance to school because financial of the family. Madam Ng Hong describe that herself is a person easy to tears. She will tears tothe touching matter. She tears for the students who study hard from poor family whenthey can’t continues their study because financial problem. She tears for the students whono hear any advice from teachers. She always worries about the future for the studentswho give up the studying. That is the reason she want to try her best to help all thestudents and wish them can have a brighter future. Madam Ng Hong is the only one teacher who got many kinds of awards in ourschool. She awarded PIS by Sultan Johor in year 2008. She also awarded “AnegerahPerkhimatan Cemerlang” by PDD Batu Pahat in year 2005 and year 2010. Hercontributes in the teaching sector were appreciated by all teachers and students. MadamNg Hong said that, she works hard no want to got the awards, she just wan all hercontributes can help others people. She is a great teacher. Madam Ng Hong not only plays the roles as active teacher in the teaching sector.She also plays the roles as active member in the society community. Madam Ng Hongtells me that, she interest to take part in the society community because of she can get toknow more people and give a helping hand to those who need it. She is an active memberin the Malayan Chinese Association in Ayer Hitam, Johor. She also is a committeemember of the KRT in Taman UPC Ayer Hitam, Johor. Sometimes, she also helps thecommunity whatever they needed. Madam Ng Hong said that her vision to hercommunity is to be co-operative and contribute time to maintain a high standard of livingso that the community can live happily together. Madam Ng Hong not only concern
6. about the students, she also concern about the people who need help. Madam Ng Hongsaid that, She feels sad to be retire soon because need to leave from this big family inschool. She loves our school very much. Madam Ng Hong is very grateful to all collegeswho always help her to type and transfer Chinese documentation because she not well inChinese as other teachers. In year 2011, our school headmistress chooses Madam Ng Hong as ExcellentTeacher in the school. She was very happy. She said that, all her contribution to theschool is much appreciated. Beside that, she also feels very grateful to the headmistressand the staff who works as a team in the school. Because of the cooperation of allteachers in school, she just can get this award. This rewards was belongs to the entireteacher who help her in the team. Madam Ng Hong is a helpful teacher. Last year, a few teachers who face theproblem in MUET examination were coming to ask help from Madam Ng Hong. Shespent all her free time to stay back in school to give the tuition to those teachers. She triesher best to help them passed their MUET examination. She never asks any rewards tohelp the colleges who need her helps. All our school teachers were very touching for heraction. We all so happy can be college with her. From this matter, I can know that, shereally a great teacher that I admire to be. Madam Ng Hong will be retiring on 17 January 2012. She said that, after herretire, she will involve herself into tuition centre and go travelling round the world. Shewants to be a tuition teacher because she doesn’t want to give up the teaching jobs. Shesaid that, the joyful to see her students grow up to a good person is can’t describe inwords. She wants to travel around the world because this is her dream in her life time.Through the traveling, she can learn many things that she can’t learn from the books.Madam Ng Hong also said that, she still active in MCA and residential activitiesthroughout the years. She wants to contribute her efforts to the person who need help inher life time. I hope her wish can be comes true. At the end of the interview, Madam Ng Hong advises me to be a responsible andcaring teacher. She said that, the teacher not a job to earn money. We need contribute allour efforts to teach the students to be a good person in future. Then the guilty crime inour society will be decrease. Our next generations just can live in a harmony society. I
7. promised her that, I will remember about her advice to be a responsible and caringteacher. I am so glad to have the chance to interview with Madam Ng Hong. From theinterview, I really know the reason why all my colleges so respect to Madam Ng Hong.Not only in her contributes in teaching, she is a caring person to all people she meet. Shenever counts about the rewards and tries her best to help the people who needed even shedoesn’t know. I will remember the advice from Madam Ng Hong in this interview. I hopeI can be a nice and great teacher as Madam Ng Hong in the future. Thus, I need workhard to goal my dream. I will not forget to this meaningful interview. I think, I willremember in my life as a wonderful memory.