Its not just about answering questions, we also want their contribution.
WE also want your views, your experience, how you solve problems using ICT
6 categories from diagnostic
Poll 1: Where are you on the digital leader matrix? Poll 2: Have you changed your position since week 1?
Decoding Digital Week 8: Tying it all together
Week Eight: Tying it all together
About the Decoding Digital program
• The program aims to help small and medium Victorian businesses develop the
digital skills and foundations to ensure future profitability and success
• We want to make you aware of:
– The major trends facing Victorian businesses now and in the future
– The most important digital and ICT considerations for your business
– Why it is important and why it matters for you
• To help you on your journey we will be providing you with:
– Simple explanations of digital technologies available
– Easy steps and takeaways to get you started
– Case studies and examples of other Victorian businesses
– Interactive webinars, Google Hangout Q&A sessions and ongoing social media interaction
How to engage with us by webinar
Today is our last webinar: ask us about ANYTHING we’ve covered (or haven’t)
during the program while you can!
• Chat box
– We will be answering questions during the session on Twitter. Contact us directly at
@Symphony3Think and/or use the hashtag #DigitalVic
Week One: Digital Leadership (May 7)
Week Two: Building the right digital foundations (May 14)
Week Three: Understanding your customer (May 21)
Week Four: How to generate brand awareness and position your products and services
evaluation (May 28)
Week Five: Ecommerce – making it easy for your customers to buy online (June 4)
Week Six: How to support your customers online (June 11)
Week Seven: How to engage your customers and create loyal advocates (June 18)
Week Eight: Tying it all together – Developing your digital strategy(June 25)
Today’s Session: Tying it all together
• Week on week review
• Field questions as we go
• Look at Google Analytics
Before any business can implement technology, it needs a strong digital plan.
Revisiting the diagnostic
Digital Diagnostic: http://decodingdigital.symphony3.com/
• Resit the diagnostic
• Compare to your original results (email firstname.lastname@example.org if
you have deleted your results email)
• See how far you’ve come!
• You cannot make all of your improvements in eight weeks – keep working
away after Decoding Digital.
• In week 1 we asked you where you fit on the matrix. How about now?
What are your customer going to want in the future?
You need to measure: Google Analytics
• Some Google Analytics tips
Week 1: Digital Leadership
• Digital leadership is important!
• It’s affecting every industry, and it’s happening quickly
• Digital trends
– Sharing economy
– 3D Printing
• SWOT Analysis Worksheet
• Business Model Canvas
Week 2: Building the right digital foundations
• Policies and guidelines
• Cloud technology
• Your website as a business platform
• Skills and knowledge
• Changing business models
• Digital Foundation Audit
• Social Media Guidelines poster
Week 3: Understanding your customer
• Customer personas – the importance of really understanding your customer
• Introduction to the customer journey
– Unaware to aware
– Implement / Install
• Advocacy and review platforms
• Customer persona worksheet
• Customer journey worksheet
Week 4: Online product awareness & evaluation
• How to make customers aware of our products and services
– Social media
– Other listings
• How to help customers evaluate your offering
– Best practice web design and product information
– Communicating solutions
– Importance of content
– Content best practice
• Content SEO best practice guide
• Content plan template
• Google SEO starter guide
Week 5: Get customers to buy online
• The importance of selling online
• eCommerce trends
• Selling online for services
• Simple eCommerce solutions
• Maximising value from images and product info
• Perceived customer risk
• Case study: The Ark
• Selling with social media
• Social media communication types infographic
• Competitor analysis template
Week 6: Support customers online
• Customers’ online support expectations
• The importance of providing great online customer service
• Support tools
– Live chat
– Listening posts
– Social media
– YouTube & video
• LinkedIn workshop
• Social media response guide
• Tips and tricks for LinkedIn
Week 7: Creating loyal advocates online
• Grow your brand audience
• Using social media and customer service to create online advocates
• Importance of image and video content
• Review of social media tools
• Case study: Round She Goes
• Using hashtags and Twitter
• Facebook Insights and content
• Co-creation and voting platforms
• Uservoice voting platform example
Before any business can implement technology, it needs a strong digital vision.
Step 1: Prioritise areas for improvement with the Digital Diagnostic. Document
these on your one page plan with realistic timeframes.
Step 2: Assess any skill, knowledge or infrastructure deficiencies - how will you
address these? (Freelancing? New staff? Purchase new software? Training?)
Step 3: Assess your business model structure, process and policy. Make sure the
right structures are in place for new technologies.
Step 4: Implement new technologies (after training and testing).
Step 5: Measure, measure, measure. Use data and analytics to refine your
Step 6: Refine and improve your implementations.
Google Analytics – use it!
How do we measure our performance along
the customer journey?
• Loyal Advocate
Business Victoria Resources