View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Social Media and the Business Adviser 10 Tips for independent advisers and business advisory firms on how they can use social media www.symphony3.com/social-media 1
Introduction Fergal Coleman, 15 years experience in internet, IT industry Master of Business and IT, Melbourne Uni Mindshop Member for Four Years Assisting organisations across a range of industries with social media, including manufacturing, professional services, distribution, local government Developed a social media framework and methodology
Social Media is a Change Initiative Is social media for you? Have you embraced Web 1.0? Change is difficult – changing your own behaviours is often more difficult than changing clients’ behaviours Are you prepared to change your ways of thinking? Are you prepared to lose control of your brand? It’s about leadership, if you're not prepared to change why should your team?
1. Start using the tools internally How can you communicate more effectively within your organisation? On projects and client engagements? How can you use to the tools to innovate and streamline processes and service delivery? Sharing Ideas and communication with Yammer and Central desktop 4
2. Policy: What are the rules? How are employees expected to behave in a social media context? What are they allowed to reveal or not reveal? How are they expected to respond in different situations? Provide parameters not strict rules
Can you deliver your service nationally or Globally?
5. Start Responding You know where people in your industry are. Start responding in discussions Start retweeting Commenting on discussions Retweets and mentions by you, and by others
6. Create Your Own Initiatives Implement your own strategic initiatives. Create valuable content for your clients in a social media environment Invite them to contribute and comment Listen to their concerns Develop new content to deal with those concerns Remember: It takes time and effort
7. Measure Social Media is Measureable Set clear KPIs Relate them back to the business – leads, prospects sales
8. Fail Fast Do your research and make sure you have an aim and a goal, but Don’t procrastinate, create a prototype and test it out The Tools are cheap Use your metrics and if its not working move on