Liaison to the College of
Continuing and Professional
Studies for the Atlanta
Questions? Ask the Reference Desk!
(678) 547-6282 (Atlanta)
M - Th
Add askmercer as your buddy!
• Periodicals used by researchers
to share their findings with one
another and the public.
• They contain articles describing
new research or ideas written
in a formal manner that
information, methods used,
• Research articles are peerreviewed
How do I tell?
• May contain graphs and charts.
• Written by a scholar in the field or
by someone who has done
research in the field. Degrees
attained and institutional
affiliations are often included by
the authors’ names.
• Always cite their sources in the
form of footnotes or
• No glossy pages or pictures