•Food is required by every
living being to survive as this
food provides them with their
•It’s also essential for the
proper growth in their bodies.
• We all know that some crops are cultivated
according to different seasons and some all
• One may think what a CROP is ?
• It is the growing of same variety on crop at
same place and same time on a large scale.
• Different crops require different climatic
conditions, soil types, period of exposure to
sun light ,etc.
•Some of the crops are season
specific i.e., thy are grown in
•Cultivation of crops is carried out
by various activities done by the
•The yield of crops can be improved
by adopting some modern
techniques of farming.
•In order to increase the yield
every year various methods
such as protection of crops by
insecticides and pesticides is
•Mainly better quality of seeds
are also used.
Using Better Variety Of Seeds
• In recent times, better crops are grown by hybrid
seeds i.e., by hybridization.
• It is the cross-breeding of two different crops where
each one has a desires characteristic that is desired.
• Most crops are developed with high yields, better
quality, better resistance to diseases and pests, short
period of growing etc.This is known as HighYielding
• The greatest advantage of HYV is the higher yield.
Eg for hybrids are :-
T 141 (Rice) Sonara 64 (Wheat)