Review of the latest research in the field on grief therapy and practice tips for practitioners. Topics include:
• The difference between normal grief and complicated or prolonged grief
• Research and issues involved in the inclusion of “Prolonged Grief Disorder” in DSM-V
• Cognitive behavioral techniques to treat prolonged grief
• The importance of self-awareness and the necessity of self-care when providing grief counseling
• Different cultural views of death
Presented by Susan Stuber, Ph.D. at the Philadelphia Society of Clinical Psychologists continuing education conference at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, March 22, 2013. A copy of the full presentation notes accompanying these slides may be obtained by contacting Dr. Stuber at email@example.com.
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.