“India is the world’s most youthful nation.
A nation with such youth power cannot
Our youth must dream big, they should fulfill
the vaccuum existing in the world.”
Born on September 17, 1950
Small district of Gujarat, Vadnagar.
He was the third of six children born to Damodar
Das Mulchand Modi and his wife Heeraben.
Education- post graduation in political science.
During the Indo-Pak war in the mid sixties, he
volunteered to serve the soldiers in transit at railway
Joined Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, a student
organisation and was involved in the anti-
corruption Nav Nirmaṇ ("Reconstruction")
Nominated as representative in Bharatiya Janata Party.
EARLY ACTIVISM AND POLITICS
Pracharak in RSS during his University Years.
In partnership with Shankersinh Vaghela, Modi set about
creating a strong cadre base in Gujarat.
The party started gaining political mileage and formed a
coalition government at the centre in April 1990.
Modi was entrusted with the responsibility of organizing two
crucial national events, the Somnath to Ayodhya Rath Yatra.
He was appointed the National Secretary of the Party and
given the charge of five states in 1995.
Narendra Modi was chosen by the party to be the Chief
Minister of Gujarat.
Elected as the student leader of Akhil Bhartiya Vidhyarthi
Parishad (ABVP) and played a prominent role in various
socio-political movements in Gujarat.
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a socio-cultural
organization in social and cultural development of India.
There he imbibed the spirit of nation-before-self and service-
Entered the mainstream politics by joining the BJP in 1987.
Within a year, he assumed the responsibility of the General
Secretary of the Gujarat unit.
Active work in BJP.
Became the CM of Gujarat in OCT,2001.
Awards and Recognition
Gujarat Ratna by Shri Poona Gujarati Bandhu Samaj at Ganesh
Kala Krida Manch on celebration of centenary year.
e-Ratna award by the Computer Society of India
Best Chief Minister – In a nationwide survey conducted in
2006 by India Today magazine, Narendra Modi was declared
the Best Chief Minister in the country.
Asian Winner of the FDI Personality of the Year Award for
2009 by FDI Magazine.
Developments in Gujarat.
• Blueprint for Infrastructure in Gujarat – BIG 2020, envisages a total
capital outlay of Rs.3,57,468 crores .
• 11 broad sectors such as Power, Water and Irrigation, Ports, Roads,
Industrial Parks and SEZs, Urban Infrastructure, Gas, Knowledge
Corridors, Railways and Airports, Tourism and Telecom –
• 11 airports, one international airport, an extensive rail network and
a robust road network.
• Gujarat is blessed with a coastline of over 1600 km, the longest in
the country, and is dotted with 41 ports.
• More than 98% villages in Gujarat are connected with concrete
roads. This excellent rural road connectivity is the best in the
country and translates into fast track growth.
• Announcement of special auto-port.
• KNOWLEDGE COORIDOR- streach between Gandhinagar and
• 5 major universities included.
• Nirma University at Ahmedabad, DDU at Nadiad, DAIICT at
Gandhinagar, Shyamji Krishna Verma University at Kutch and
Ganpat University at Mehsana.
• IIT, GANDHINAGAR.
• National law university.
• Agricultural universities.
• Kanya Kelavani Nidhi has been created with a long term goal
that no girl child in Gujarat remains illiterate.
• The drop-out rate is supported by new enrolments through
Kanya kelavani Rath Yatra (girl child enrolment drive), a unique
initiative in Gujarat. Since 2003, every year in the month of
June, the Chief Minister along with the team travels to remote
villages to encourage parents to enrol their children in schools.
• ‘justice delayed is justice denied”
• Evening Courts since November 2006.
• 6 months, more than 1,16,000 cases have been disposed off.
• “There is no red tapism in my state, all red carpet.”
• Online complaint .
• The Citizen Facilitation Centres - At the district level, taluka level
and in municipal areas, computerized civic centres and the concept
of one-day governance has been implemented.
• All 14,000 gram panchayat s have been made e-grams.
• The e-dhara project for total computerization of land records .
• smart cards for driving licenses
• online and roaming ration card system
• online filing of sales tax returns
• creation of huge data base of youths available for employment
• online availability of the Government resolutions and forms in digital
• departmental websites -information on various Government
schemes and activities etc.
Business driving initatives.
• ‘Vibrant Gujarat’ theme : 3 Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors’
Summits in 2003, 2005 and 2007 together garnered 977 investment
proposals to the tune of US$ 186 Billion (Rs 6.34 lakh crore) .
• Krishi Mahotsav: The Agricultural Festival is a knowledge sharing
rendezvous of the farming community, a month-long event that
brings together the farming community, government officials,
scientists and many more connected with agriculture.
• The Gulf of Khambhat Development Project (Kalpasar)
envisages the construction of 30 km. long dam on Gulf of
Khambhat between Dahej(east)&Bhavnagar(west), creation of
2000 sq.km fresh water reservoir. About 10,000 million cubic
meter of water inflow of the rivers like Narmada, Dhadhar,
Mahi, Sabarmati & some of Saurashtra rivers will be stored.
• The water will be available for domestic and industrial and
• The project will serve as a life line of the Saurashtra region as
well as accelerator for growth of economic activities of Gujarat
DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY
• The first Indian politician to open an account in
Google+, watched by millions of people across 160
• In four months more than 280,330 people had him in
• The Gujarat Chief Minister has a huge fan following
on Twitter( 1.1 million as on 23rd October 2012
reached within a year of opening the account),
though the credibility of these accounts are
NAMO, THE KING OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Narendra Modi has an
official page with
1,398,140 likes and
107,545 talking about it.
COMPETITOR AND BEST PRACTICE ANALYSIS
Narendra Modi’s brand building revolves around
development. He is known as the man of
Narendra Modi has designed and promoted various
campaigns in this aspect and has propagated them
on social media platform to entice the youth.
• Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2013: objective of this summit
was to make Gujarat a Global Business Hub
• Be Gujarat’s Brand Ambassador
• Gujarat Tourism
Narendra Modi's high profile Vibrant Gujarat
campaign has made him a brand for rapid
development and prosperity.
VOTER PERSPECTIVE AND EXPERIENCE
• Narendra Modi ’ s fans are constantly
engaging people on twitter with the his
campaigns and updates from the politics.
• Businessmen advocate Narendra Modi at
Gujarat Vibrant Summit.
• Be Gujarat’s Brand Ambassador: People
share their experiences and stories that
promote Gujarat as a brand. This has
created a sense of belonging and pride
among the people of Gujarat.
• Be Gujarat’s Brand Ambassador: This
forum also provides a platform for
people to share their ideas, encouraging
people to be a part of development of
VOTER PERSPECTIVE AND EXPERIENCE
• From the usability front, the voters are provided easy to navigate and interactive platform to share
their views, ideas, via website, facebook page and twitter.
• The campaigns and communications across all channels are consistent and provide similar
• The following emotional values and perspectives were derived from the user interactions and
• Positive values: Development, visionary, dynamic, disciplined.
• Negative values: Anti-muslim, anti-minority, hindu leader.
Learnings from Mr. Modi
• Desire + stability = Resolution
• Resolution + Hardwork = success
• Transforming obstacles into opportunity.
• Sheer commitment in whatever he does.
• Welfare society.
• “Never looking back”
• Master strategist.
• Long Term Planning & Clear Focus
• Risk Taker
“You are Stupid if you are not in Gujarat..!”
- Mr. Ratan Tata
The vision of becoming an Asian Leader in Industrial Growth
has proceeded to the next horizon of leveraging the Industrial
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.