2. HISTORYTATA Sky is a direct broadcast satellite television provider in India,using MPEG- 2 and MPEG-4digital compression technology, transmittingusing INSAT 4Aat 83.0°E.Is a joint venture between the Tata Group, that owns 60% and STARGROUP that owns a 30% stake. Tata Sky was incorporated in 2004 butwas launched only in 2006.The company uses the Sky brand owned by British Sky Broadcasting.In March 2010, Sun Microsystems partnered with Tata Sky to provide ITInfrastructure solutions and support for the launch of the companysdirect-to-home (DTH) television.
3. Popular film Actor Mr. Amir Khan as a Brand Ambassador.Entertainment channels are Sony and Star Plus .MOTTO:“Change India Change Class Room”.It is a fun new classroom designed to engage all age groups in thelearning process.Packages offered: The Active Educational Services Active Wiz kids Active Stories Active Learning and Active English
4. Tata Sky crosses 1 million mark in record time.Aims for more than 8 million by end of the year 2012. It has achieved 87% brand awareness within the first six months of launch.Expanded its product offering from 55 television channels at the time of launch to over 120 channels and interactive services.Launched Active Wizkids, the first-of-its-kind education based interactive service in the world that teaches children through learning games. Expanded its distribution network from 300 towns and 10,000 dealers at the time of launch to 4,500 towns and 30,000 dealers across the country.
5. Tata Sky satellite television service will redefine your TV viewingexperience by offering you greater choice, control and convenience.Greater choiceWatch a wide array of your favorite television channels inDVD quality picture and CD quality sound.Get your favorite recipes when you want on Active Cooking.Play interactive games on your TV with Active Games.Order once and enjoy the latest movies with a single ad. Learning games for children on Active Wizkids.
6. Direct-to-home (DTH) technology revolutionised televisionviewers by empowering them with choice, control andconvenience .TataSky redefined DTH as satellite television service (STS),thereby becoming a one-stop shop for all the televisionentertainment needs of Indian customers.Tata Sky adopted its current tagline "Isko laga daala, toh lifejingalala!" that has earned it 15 million subscribers.
7. Get a 7-day listing of all programmes on TV with guide. Catch a news story as it breaks, simultaneously on four channels on Active Newsroom. watch other channels without changing the channel you are Watching. Enjoy fixed channel positions and uniform volume levels. Experience uninterrupted viewing.
8. SCHOOLS: walking into schools directly and convincing teachers that children could learn multiplications and divisions directly from TV. All the famous schools in this country have subscribed to TataSky. We are the only TV service who have convinced the teachers that TV is not bad for children but good for them," states Tata Sky chief marketing officer(CMO) Vikram Mehra.HOUSE WIVES: Ladies in the house and having interest in developing their skills or want to do further education for the betterment in the life are the Targeted through this advertisement.YOUNG PEOPLE: Gain knowledge from home and save time instead of going to crash courses.
9. Inform – Tata sky informs about the product for new customers. Remind- The satisfied customers. Reinforce- convince the customer and give strong reasons for again buying their product.
10. • Using Amir Khan as a Celebrity gives a better appeal to the House wives.• To the Children and Youth segment, Amir was known as a “Taare Jameen Par Hero”. It gives mileage to the Marketing program.• For general public also he is famous as a hero in “Lagan” which is almost a Patriotic movie.
11. ADVANTAGES• Built what consumer wants.• DTH(Direct to Home)• Can boost a 7 years old Television• No hassles of wiring• 126 million cable homes in the country, of which 50 per cent are based in rural India.
12. BRAND NO. OF RESPONDENTS % OF RESPONDENTSTATA SKY 35 35%DD DIRECT PLUS 30 30%STAR TV 25 25%SUN DIRECT 18 18%DISH TV 34 34%TOTAL 100 100%
14. Finally after solving case study We came to know that: Consumers will mostly prefer Tata Sky 30% because of its effective advertisements and beneficial packages. Impact of the ad made ? 21% of DTH customers are switching to Tata Sky followed by DISH TV, DD DIRECT PLUS , SUN DIRECT and STAR TV.