Day 1 chinese keyboarding 1Presentation Transcript
How to Type Chinese
on Your Computer
1) Go to Control Panel
2) Choose Regional and Language Options
3) Text Services and Input Languages
4) Add Simplified Chinese (Microsoft Pinyin
5) change the input method to Chinese
Simplified in the windows setting toolbar
6) Open a new document and type Chinese
1) Go to System Preferences
2) Go to Language and Text
3) Go to Input Sources
4) Add Chinese Simplified (pinyin)
1) When typing Chinese Hanzi with
Pinyin, you do not type the tone mark
of the word. There will be a list of
homophonic characters, and you can
choose the correct Hanzi from it.
2) You can either type one Hanzi or
a short Chinese phrase at a time.
3) The Pinyin final ü is not on the keyboard,
use v instead when typing a syllable with
the final ü. However, when the final ü is
making a syllable with j, q, x, y, it writes as
u and you type u.
4) Use Chinese punctuations when typing
sentences. Just enter the same keys as you
type in English.
Example: Chinese period is “。”instead of “.”
How to type Pinyin?
1) Use “insert symbols” in word and you will find
Chinese pinyin finals with tone marks in the list
2) Hanzi-Pinyin convertor: