View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Teays River Investments employees serving
Midwest Food Bank
* We serve because we feel a calling to meet the
needs of those who are hungry in Indiana.
* Midwest Food Bank: to alleviate hunger and poverty by
gathering and distributing to not-for-profits and disaster sites
without cost to the recipients.
* Teays River Investments: through the application of our
knowledge and experience in agriculture, we aim to reduce
inefficiencies in the agricultural industry, while improving the
quality, safety and affordability of our nation’s food supply.
* In the U.S. 1 in 6 struggle to choose between
food and basic necessities
* 1 in 8 Hoosiers are hungry
* More than 695,000 people receive emergency
food aid in Indiana, including more than
* Midwest serves over 250 agencies in Indiana
who impact over 60,000 individuals each month
*“Midwest Food Bank strives to bridge the gap
between prosperity and poverty in the name
of Jesus Christ.” -John Whitaker, executive
director, Midwest Food Bank
*There are 4 Midwest Food Bank locations:
Indianapolis, Indiana; Atlanta, Georgia; and
Bloomington & Peoria, Illinois
* Teays is a food and farming company with
operations across the US
* Their team works with the production of key
food items like milk, table grapes and seeds
* As a result the interest to work with Midwest in
their mission to serve those who are not
properly fed in Indiana is high
* Their team understands food and the need for
quality in everyone’s diet. So giving time and
money to support Midwest Food Bank is a
natural fit for the the team at Teays.
Serving with our team at MFB was a blessing for us as much as Midwest. We are in the food
production business and we know the level of food needs in Indiana. Being able to support
those who meet those needs is a great experience. Christ calls us to serve the least of these –
MFB is doing that. I was happy to be the hands, back and feet to help in part of their service to
area food banks. A great group and a great way to serve! ~ Richard
* The Teays team will continue to support
Midwest in their efforts to serve the hungry
and less served citizens in Indiana.
* This mission is one that will continue both via
Midwest’s work and through the commitment
of Teays to bring lower cost and high quality
food to the marketplace.
* Serving both as a supplier of food and as
volunteers are ways that Teays can continue to
support food needs in Indiana.
* Continuing to expand services to the hungry in
Indiana is a goal of Midwest.
* This means, more structure and connections to food
banks & agencies in the State.
* Thus the additional grant money would be used to
connect to additional agencies and expand their
services to more areas in Indiana and around the
* This would be through additional facilities, food
procurement methods and delivery options.
* Every $1 donated/invested in Midwest’s system
generates over $35 of food given to those in need.