Super Service Challenge
Holy Family Shelter
907 North Holmes Avenue
Indianapolis, Indiana 46222
History of the Shelter
• Holy Family Shelter is a emergency shelter for
homeless families. The shelter addresses the
increasing demand for emergency shelter in
Indianapolis and central Indiana by providing
residential services designed to move homeless
families to self sufficiency.
• The shelter has the capacity to house up to 30
families at any given night. The shelter provides
food, shelter, basic material needs and a safe
place for families in crisis to begin to heal.
• One of the ladies that we worked with named Janet
Williams, informed us that the shelter was having trouble
providing meals for the families. She informed us that she
had been praying and asking God, how was the shelter
going to make it, when the food pantry is running low. She
stated that she prayed and reached out to her Church, to
ask for and provide donations for the shelter.
• Janet informed us that the ladies of the church took up a
food donation for the pantry, but it still wasn’t enough. She
then went on to say that when she heard that our team
had collected food, clothes, and hygiene products for the
shelter, she felt a sense of relief.
• Janet stated that her prays had been answered and that
God will provide what you need.
What we accomplished!
• The day we served, we cleaned the
kitchen, served lunch, prepared Thanksgiving
Dinner, and provided food and clothes for the
• Defender employees donated food, clothing
and hygiene products.
On going Relationship
• We plan on taking up monthly
food, clothes, and hygiene donations through
out the year
• Have car washes, fundraisers, and bake sales
• Establish a relationship with Gleaners Food
Bank, to assist with food donations
• Also, have Customer Care agents serve the
shelter once a month
Benefits of Prize Money
• The shelter would be able to stock the pantry
• Provide ongoing classes that would help
families with comprehensive
services, like, budgeting, communications
skills, parenting skills, setting goals, and stress
• Clothing and hygiene products
• And a sense of relief to keep the shelter up