• Vodafone Group is telecommunications Company Headquartered In London. Un• It is the Worlds Largest Mobile Telecommunications Company Measured By Revenues And The Worlds SECOND LARGEST Measured By Subscribers.• It is successfully Operating In Over 30 Countries And Has Partner Networks In Over 40 Additional Countries .
Founded 1984HEADQUARTERS LONDON , U.K.Area served WorldwideKey people GERARD KLIESTERLEE(Chairman) VITTORIO COLLAO (CEO)Products Mobile Telephony, Internet Services, Digital TelevisionRevenue $ 45.88 billion (2011)
• Vodafone was launched officially on 21st September 2007.• Vodafone Acquires A 67% Stake In Hutchison Essar For $10.7 Billion.• Than on hutch was rebranded as Vodafone.
• Provide different features like chat, ringtones, s end and receive messages, video call, travel, games etc.
• Vodafone UK operates over 300 of its own stores.• It also sells through independent retailers e.g. Carphone Warehouse.
• Offers various pricing structures to suit different customer groups.• Monthly price plans are available .• Phone users can top up their phone on line.
• Explain new products and ideas in newspapers and magazines.• Advertising on T.V., billboards, etc.
• Income• Age• Service usage• Life of service• Geographical condition• Nature of customer
• Home calling cards for the families of those professionals who use to work abroad.• Rs. 10 recharge for small user.• Cheap SMS facility for youth
• Vodafone is more young and fun brand.• Zoozoo and parrot will be retained for the brand position.• They talk about the exclusivity of the network and the service they are offering to the customer.
• Vodafone sponsored the international Test Series in Australia over the summer.• Michael Clarke was chosen as a brand ambassador of Vodafone.
• UEFA and Vodafone entered into a contract in 2007.• Italian and British fans got a chance to win tickets to see match.• Campaign ran for 5 weeks.
• Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team is competing in the 2011 Formula 1 World Championship with drivers Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, Pedro de la Rosa and Gary Paffett .
• Vodafone and Bigg Boss entered into a contract in 2008 (Bigg Boss season 2).• Customer gets a chance to ask a question to his favorite contestant.
• Vodafone has signed deal with Indian Premier League for 5 years till 2012 amounting to $25 million.• Customers will be able to order tickets for IPL matches.• Customer can also participate in the „Predict the Man of the Match‟ contest.
• A free pre-paid Vodafone connection with six months validity.• Rs 50 worth of talk time free.• Two Bonus cards with very low call rates.• A two-year replacement warranty.
• Vodafone has launched a new 3G Android phone in India at an attractive price of Rs 4,995. The new Vodafone Smart is powered by Qualcomms Snapdragon S1 processor and Android 2.2.1 operating system.
• Vodafone chose the Indian Premier League 2 (IPL-2) as a platform to launch Zoozoo.• Vodafone extensively promoted these characters on social networking sites.• Vodafone has also announced to launch the Zoozoo goodies like zoozoo toys, zoozoo mugs, zoozoo keychains, zoozoo t-shirts, etc.
• Zoozoo took break.• Introducing new Ultra-Pocket Sized Tariff at just Rs 4.
• Unpredictable loss of signal.• People are unable to connect to the “My account” on the website .
• Improve auto roam coverage in India, South Africa, Thailand, Chi na, Japan and U.S.A.• Improve coverage by creating a facility exchanging messages where coverage is weak.