2. Shopping malls are a whole world, out of the weather, with shiny interiors, where you forget the rest of the grey world.
3. Buy this dress, this mobile phone, this flat screen TV and your life will be complete.
1. The old hierarchy has collapsed, culture has ‘imploded’.
2. You can ‘mix and match’ to create your own identity. He used the word ‘bricolage’ to mean taking things from different contexts to make our own identity, e.g. The punk’s ear-rings were safety pins. Madonna wore long black gloves, used for Palace tea-parties, just for fun.
1. B. Used the word ‘hyperreality’ to explain what was happening today. This is almost better than reality, or reality plus.
2. This is like seeing HD TV,instead of black and white.