1. Steria:Workplace On CommandTransforming today’s infrastructure for tomorrow’s business è www.steria.com/workplaceoncommand
2. 02 | Workplace On Command è www.steria.com/workplaceoncommandManaging the mobile workplaceThe world of work is changing. Emerging Today’s infrastructure challengestechnologies, increasing regulation and an exponential rise in data are creating new anddifficult challenges for the traditional workplace. Devices are often slow and expensive to provision, and don’t always match user needs è To stay productive, employees need remoteaccess to data instantly and the functionality to PCs must constantly be maintained, updated and personalised – often on-site è perform their job effectively. Traditional desktop space raises the cost of rent, rates, power, security and facilities è This is placing a great strain on infrastructure Corporate governance must be applied consistently across increasingly disparate devices, è as organisations invest more time and money often increasing the complexity and elapsed time of systems’ accesscompensating for the shortcomings of theirexisting systems. As a result, many workers have Mobile devices can be easily lost or stolen, creating service disruption and security challenges è turned to mobile devices to access business data Effective support for today’s business processes requires a plethora of discrete and often è and services remotely. However, this technology specialist applicationsoften focuses on ease of use and “look and feel”- so they rarely get the functionality, connectivity, The increasing complexity of managing data growth involves significant annual investment in è security and management they require. high-tech solutions to address user and application needsSteria’s Workplace On Command delivers the Many users no longer want to use a standardised corporate laptop è data flexibility and availability your workers needat a price you can afford – transforming yourworkplace and maximising your productivity.
3. è www.steria.com/workplaceoncommand Workplace On Command | 03Create the ideal workplacefor your businessWorkplace On Command is Steria’s new ’desktop Workplace On Command transforms your With Workplace On Command you’llas a service’ solution designed for today’s operational processes by giving your employees see big benefits for your businessbusiness world. Centrally-managed, cloud- easy and secure access to the data andhosted and delivered using pay-per-use pricing, applications they need, whether standard or our advanced solution provides an entirely new corporate, according to their individual profile è ccess quality information anywhere, Auser experience, yet gives the freedom to create – regardless of device or location. It builds on any time and from any device througha bespoke infrastructure for your organisation Steria’s successful track record of virtual desktop a cloud-hosted virtual desktopthat maximises productivity while leveraging an deployment and includes a defined roadmapindustrialised platform and so minimising cost. that will revolutionise the enterprise desktop Provision and deliver services, è Workplace On Command is enabled by a unique still further. then monitor their consumptionend-user portal – the Steria Workstore – that quickly and easily By working with you to understand your currentempowers users to manage their own services Customise user access è systems and specific needs, we’ll design, developwithin a framework and secure policies defined via role-based profiles and deploy the optimal solution to meet them –by you. and open the door to greater business success. Manage operations centrally and è seamlessly; minimise your infrastructure footprint, management time and cost Invest in a platform for future è transformation and enable process optimisation Enable quick software or release è distribution to all users simultaneously Protect your IP è Improve user satisfaction è Work can be accessed anyw he at any time and from any de re, vice.
4. 04 | Workplace On Command è www.steria.com/workplaceoncommandHelp your business work smarterBoost employee productivity Minimise risk and improve compliance Reduce and regulate costWorkplace On Command’s bespoke, flexible By centrally storing and managing your data in Because Workplace On Command is cloud-structure and advanced technology platform the cloud, Workplace On Command provides hosted and centrally-managed, you no longergive you the tools to achieve a host of new you with comprehensive security for complete need as many traditional PCs. Of course we’llpossibilities in your workplace. By provisioning peace of mind. Lost or stolen mobile devices can never remove the need for devices completely,resources according to your employees’ be immediately blacklisted remotely, without but with Workplace On Command the deviceindividual business and communication damaging any original information. This makes it in question might be a tablet, an existing user-needs, you can improve their productivity and easier for your organisation to meet increasingly owned PC, a smartphone, or have thin or zerosatisfaction – resulting in optimal service levels. strict regulatory compliance and protect your IP. client connectivity. Since the workplace is run from a cloud-hosted server, lightweight devices can be used to replace traditional PCs, or theAddress the consumerisation challenge Transform infrastructure PC lifecycle can be extended. This reduces costs across your business - from real estate andThe demands of the ‘Y’ generation that want By simplifying and streamlining your existing facilities, energy consumption and technologyto use their own equipment instead of old- workplace and the means by which new services refreshes, to operational management. What’sfashion enterprise desktops, and to use social and systems are provisioned, Workplace On more, our ‘pay per use’ pricing structurenetworks as a primary communication channel, Command enables you to access and deploy the maximises your return on investment by ensuringcan present huge challenges to traditional latest technologies in the way that best suits you only pay for what you need.IT – we live in an environment where the long- your business – giving you time to focus onheld mantra has been for standardised gold other priorities.build devices as a means to ensure security, Increase operational efficiencyconsistency, efficiency and economy. By providing information on application usageWith Workplace On Command, all systems and patterns, Workplace On Command enablesdata access is independent of the device itself you to view day-to-day activities across yourand so enables an ‘any time, any device, any organisation – giving you an accurate picture ofapplication’ strategy to equipment specification. overall operations. As a result, you can manageWorkplace On Command ensures users can more effectively, monitor expenditure moreeffectively and securely utilise the same device closely, and make informed investments thatfor their personal, public and professional data, service your real business needs.thereby enabling enterprises to implement a‘Bring Your Own Device’ policy. Equip today for transformation tomorrow Workplace On Command is an enabler for future ‘context aware’ workplace enhancements that will enable processes to become user rather than application centric, and so will deliver further operational and business efficiencies.
5. è www.steria.com/workplaceoncommand Workplace On Command | 05 Home Office Via VIP LAN / WIFI Nomad WAN / VPN Sedentary 3G / 4G CPU Consumer Unified Conectivity Accessibility Any Device Anywhere End-user Secured Virtualized Corporate Web Apps Private Data Workplace Environment Apps Data Managed Services
6. 06 | Workplace On Command è www.steria.com/workplaceoncommandWhat’s included in WorkplaceOn Command today?Workplace On Command provides access to Steria Workstore enables users to:data and applications using virtual desktoptechnology, and so brings a comprehensive View and amend their service packages è range of flexible and user-friendly services Manage their workplace profile – updating è designed to enhance your infrastructure and user access or existing servicestransform your workplace. Your enterprisedesktop presentation is entirely personalised Request additions to or removal of services è at each user’s command, enabling them to Check consumption and spend, by user è access, subscribe, manage and follow service or by teamusage proactively through the unique ‘SteriaWorkstore’ - the automated portal that offers For an online and automated demonstrationcentralised, remote access to each user’s of just some of the scenarios Workplace Onpersonal Workplace On Command profile. Command can support, visit www.steria.com/workplaceoncommand.However each profile is pre-determined bythe enterprise and programmed centrally,thus requiring minimal ongoing managementbut offering maximum flexibility. So users areprevented from requesting anything beyond easyaccess to selected services as required by theirbusiness activity. Work To do Started In progress Complete Work To do Started In progress Work To do Complete Started In progress Complete
7. è www.steria.com/workplaceoncommand Workplace On Command | 07Making Workplace OnCommand work for youOur Workplace On Command service is planned, designed, deployed andmanaged entirely around your business. By understanding your current situationand reviewing existing resources against current and future needs, we delivertechnologically-advanced, bespoke solutions that transform your infrastructure.Engagement occurs in three stages:Consulting Transformation Managed ServicesWe consult with you personally to understand Once we’ve identified your needs and agreed Following implementation, our centrally-all aspects of your workplace – its people, on a plan to fulfil them, we’ll go ahead and managed and end-user self-service Workstoreinfrastructure and applications – and the specific action the implementation of Workplace portal will allow you to maintain productive andimprovements it requires. Particular attention On Command services in stages, according cost-effective operations that remain flexiblewill be paid to user profiling at this stage, since to our transformation plan. This will allow to the evolving demands of your workplace.this is the foundation of future service bundling the introduction of new working methods, Update employee profiles as their circumstancesappropriate to your particular enterprise infrastructure and applications, along with change; scale, protect and upgrade technologyrequirements and user needs. desired changes in user behaviour. It will also services and software in line with organisational enable effective change management, to needs; and ensure best practice in governance,Given our close partnership with Microsoft, prepare for and introduce employees to their forecasting and financial reporting.this Consulting phase will also incorporate new workplace.assessment tools that will help define the most And of course the full range of Steria’s Managedappropriate Microsoft access and licensing Services capability, from Service Desk support tofor the Workplace On Command enterprise, remote monitoring and reporting is extensibleblending ‘off the shelf’, web-based or software- across the Workplace On Command estate.as-a-service solutions to maximise efficiency andimprove user productivity.Only when all of this information is in place willwe design a bespoke solution to deliver yourrequirements, along with a transformationplan for deployment. Work To do Started In progress Complete
8. 08 | Workplace On Command è www.steria.com/workplaceoncommandCore services n itio WOC Tr ser p os ent, U nt P ro s me ice WO es end F Co er v ap essm s As CS n dS dm sul s es pec age Roa ting Pro iness Ass din orecastin ific ea s Ma n W es g OC eR din Rep Go ur Rea filin t o uc foli o Bu s ve rtin WO C rn st r Por t g S er v an ra tion g ice E ce I nf a nabl plic e men Ap essment t A ss Workplace WOC Profile Operation Solution Design and On Command Transfo n rmatio pe ratio n Plan la ce O e s Tra kp n Wor vic sit WO C er io yS Wo C nS WO Manage tion it er bil rk vic rsi pla fo r nsforma ve es Re ce ent ment of De em p lo cture Tra l nab ym nE e nt Change atio Infrastru plic Ap Transformation
9. è www.steria.com/workplaceoncommand Workplace On Command | 09What you need to knowHow is it priced? Who else is offering this service?Workplace On Command operational services Whilst many IT vendors and service providerswill be sold using a model similar to that of are offering associated services; such as puremobile phone packages. There will be a Service play Hosted Virtual Desktop (HVD) services,‘bundle’, including base setup and default Managed Desktop services, Desktop as aservices. In addition, there will be optional Service (DaaS) and Workplace as a Service, theservices, to which a user is entitled to subscribe Steria Workplace On Command service is morebased on their profile. comprehensive. It provides:Each user will require at least one enterprise- è unique Steria Workstore as a central thedetermined service bundle. Depending on their portal from which to access and manage therole, they may require more. workplaceEach service bundle may contain a list of è “end to end” suite of workplace lifecycle anenterprise-agreed optional services. services across a broad range of desktop and mobile devicesThe volume of devices will have no impact onservice pricing (i.e. a service bundle will cost the è defined roadmap of onward enhancement asame for one device as for each of three). and development Additionally, Workplace On Command offers flexibility for large accounts. They can elect to use traditional Microsoft Office licenses for their MS Office software, or move to the new cloud-based Office365 solution which can - if required - incorporate a mix of Microsoft and open source software. End users will be able to activate Office365 accounts through the Steria Workstore.
10. 10 | Workplace On Command è www.steria.com/workplaceoncommandWhy Steria?Steria is a leading IT Service Integrator providing a broad range of IT services,from Infrastructure through to Applications and full BPO. Steria has a longtrack record in helping major organisations improve business processes withoutaffecting day-to-day operations.Specialising in delivering solutions as managedservices, Steria helps clients to reduce capitaloutlay and predict operational costs.Steria is prepared to guarantee outcomes in linewith agreed objectives – demonstrating ourcommitment and dedication to success.
11. è www.steria.com/workplaceoncommand Workplace On Command | 11What to do nextSteria can provide you with comprehensive consultancy todetermine your transition roadmap to Workplace On Command.This assessment includes:è business and user profiling exercise to a precisely match the service and technology to your organisational needsè infrastructure audit to determine an Workplace On Command support readinessè application audit to determine how an business applications can be enabled on Workplace On Command workplacesTo find out more about Workplace On Commandor request a personal consultation, contactIMSL.Agency@steria.com.
12. For further information about our services visit www.steria.com/workplaceoncommandAbout Steria www.steria.com/workplaceoncommandSteria delivers IT enabled business services which help organisations in the publicand private sectors operate more efficiently and profitably. By combining anin-depth understanding of our clients’ businesses with expertise in IT andbusiness process outsourcing, we take on our clients’ challenges and developinnovative solutions to address them. Through our highly collaborativeconsulting style, we work with our clients to transform their business, enablingthem to focus on what they do best. Our 20,000 people, working across 16countries, support the systems, services and processes that make today’s worldturn, touching the lives of millions around the globe each day.Founded in 1969, Steria has offices in Europe, India, North Africa andSE Asia and a 2010 revenue of €1.69 billion. 20 percent of Steria’s capitalis owned by its employees. Headquartered in Paris, Steria is listed on theEuronext Paris market.43-45 Quai du President RooseveltF-92782 Issy-Les-Moulineaux cedex, FranceTel: +33 1 34 88 60 00 Fax: +33 1 34 88 69 69 © Steria GISL_WOC01/Jan 2012