A Bit About Me
• Husband and father to Scout, Daisy & Indiana
• President, Kristian Andersen + Associates
• Founder, Pathagility
• Founder, TinderBox
• Managing Partner, Gravity Ventures
• Lives in Arkansas works Indy
A BRAND IS
NOT A LOGO
A BRAND IS A COLLECTION OF
IN THE MIND OF A CONSUMER.
BRANDS ARE BORN OF
NONE OF THESE
THIER BRAND AS AN
IT SERVES AS THEIR KEY
BUT THOSE ARE
Personal brands allow
individuals to differentiate
and leveraging their
unique value proposition.
WE ARE ALL
If you’re not branding
yourself, you can be
assured that others are
doing it for you.
AND JUST BEING GOOD
ISN’T GOOD ENOUGH
SIMPLE UNIQUE FOCUSED
A LESSON FROM
THE DINING ROOM
(The Craft / What You Know)
(The Delivery / How You Share It)
WE’RE ALL IN THE
Why Employers Should Care
Strong personal brands add value to corporate brands!
• Publicity & Visibility
• Build Organizational Credibility
• Increased Engagement Levels
• Expands Influence
• Human Connection to the Organization
• Halo Effect (which works both ways)
Question #1 : What are your goals?
Question #2 : What do you value?
Question #3 : What are you passionate about?
Question #4 : What motivates you?
Question #5 : What makes you remarkable?
Rule #1 : Be Diligent
Rule #2 : Be Consistent
Rule #3 : Be Relevant
Rule #4 : Be Interesting
Rule #5 : Be Yourself
Building lasting, effective personal brands takes time and
there is no one-size-fits-all process.
Step #1 : Take Inventory
Step #2 : Develop a (Brand) Plan
Step #3 : Craft Your Identity
Step #4 : Choose the Right Tools & Channels
Step #5 : Measure & Repeat
Tools & Channels
Tools & Channels:
You have to use them to understand them
• Web sites
• Blogs / micro-blogs
• Social networks (Facebook, Ning, Linked-In, Twitter)
• Events (create your own or hijack one)
• Off-line & alternate publishing
• The media
Don’t Forget to:
• Make yourself findable (SEO, social networks, etc.)
• Connect everything
• Cultivate relationships w/ the press, peers, competitors, etc.
• Donate your expertise to a cause
• Develop a visible platform
• Start & join conversations
“We are CEOs of our own companies: Me
Inc. To be in business today, our most
important job is to be head marketer for the
brand called you”