Sounds simple: Launch a Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook solution and the customers will come.
Yet, once an organization has launched an online community, what is next? Social media marketing seems easy and low cost but what are the real required resources? Should an organization be considering a way to monetize these relationships?
The hard cold reality is that social media marketing isn’t just about building online communities.
Stephen Nold with Tarsus Advon and Steve Crysler with ARI, Inc. will discuss some of the hype and truth around social media and provide real world examples of how these solutions are impacting events. This series of education sessions will start with a general overview of Social Media and then dig into the tactical issues that plague organizations and events as they seek to adopt these tools. During the lunch a strategic perspective on how social media fits into the overall technology considerations that show managers and event producers face.
Participants will also learn:
• The value of inbound marketing
• How web data mining will alter the anonymity of viral marketing
• Why mobile devices are adding a new dynamic to social networking from the tradeshow floor
• The importance of a social media playbook with instructions on how to execute these tools
MORNING EDUCATION WORKSHOPS
Harness the Power!
Learn about the buzz around social media and why meeting professionals are shifting from traditional marketing to new marketing strategies. Understand the key elements for every successful social media campaign.
• Defining the social media tool suite
• Building relationships through viral marketing
• Traditional marketing versus new media marketing
• Using social media to recruit attendees and sponsors
Tactics Of Social Media Marketing
In this demonstration, Stephen and Steve will review some of the most popular social media tools and explain how they should be implemented and executed. After digging into Twitter, Facebook Groups, and LinkedIn, they will provide the critical components to deployment of any new media solution.
Participants will learn:
• The value of the most useful social media tools
• Specific examples and results on how each tool can impact sales and marketing reach
• Understand the appeal of each tool to varying industry segments and user profiles
• The ability to discern between the hype and truth on these solutions
In this presentation, Stephen Nold and Steve Crysler present how social media solutions like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn are impacting the use of traditional marketing in the efforts to recruit audience members and sponsors. This strategic discussion will lay the foundation for what each organization must consider before launching these tools. Stephen will include real world examples from events and the success (and sometimes failure) in adopting this new media. The panel will inspire the audience to move from casual observation to action and show them why the revolutionary tools of innovation and change will define new approaches in creating and growing a community.
Participants will learn:
• Definition of your organization community
• The social media solutions best for your audience
• An understanding of the required resources to launch and maintain social media participation
• How to measure tangible results from these tools
• The dynamic and accelerating change of marketing from traditional to new media
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.