1. Introducing thewelcome.kit The Key to Successfully Hosting an International Business Delegation
2. So much can go wrongwhen hosting aninternational businessdelegation…
3. What‘s wrongwhen… … your guest considersMunich to be a poor citybecause of itsold town hall?
4. What do you dowhen… … your guest asks for a prostitute in the middle of the night?
5. Culture has an influence…… on whetherwe feelwelcomed ornot.
6. Culture influences…… what is”right“ foodand what is”good” food.
7. Culture influences… … the way we think about a successfulbusiness trip.
8. … and a lot more.
9. So it‘s a good idea… … to keep cultural differences in mind when hosting an international business delegation.
10. There is help… … a simple tool to consider all relevant aspects to make your guests happy.
11. The welcome.kit
12. Example: Arabia
13. And that‘s how it works.You need…
14. 1. Knowledge about the relevant cultures…
15. Cultural Categories 1. Personal Acquaintance2. Cultural Standards and Dimensions 3. Religion 4. Etiquette
16. Puzzle pieces of2. the travel program for a delegation…
17. Puzzle Piecesa. Planning Process b. Program and Schedulec. Accomodation d. Meals and Beaveragese. Social Program f. Degree of care neededg. Gifts and Presents
18. Now just put together thecultural categories and thepuzzle pieces and you have… … the welcome.kit
19. Let‘s try a second expample.Shall we?
20. Example: China
21. Example: ChinaUse the welcome kit and you will see for yourselfthat for your Chinese business partners… … this accommodation is a better choice… … than this.
22. Some Basic Rules1. In order to use this tool knowledge about cultural standards and dimensions is needed.2. Always put “Personal Acquaintance” first. It outrules categories like dimensions or religion.3. Do not forget to give all relevant information to colleagues who as well have do deal with your guests.4. Remember: it has always to do with comparing two cultures. This presentation is written from a German point of view. It might not apply for other cultural combinations.
23. Now you have the key tosuccessfully hosting aninternational businessdelegation
24. You want to talk about this? And maybe enjoy a nice cup of coffee?Steffen Henkelsteffen.email@example.com://www.crossculture-academy.comhttps://www.facebook.com/crossculture.academyhttp://twitter.com/cp_academyhttp://www.xing.com/profile/Steffen_Henkelhttp://www.slideshare.net/SteffenHGoogle+ -> Steffen Henkel