Industrial-strength web video
for every organisation
Will Grant | Technology Director
Steffan Aquarone | Business Development Director
How to create in-video ad
– transcript from online seminar 9/6/10 15:00
• Ok welcome everyone we're going to make a
start. If you can't hear the commentary on the
phone don't worry, we'll post key messages on
here in text.
• Will's explaining what in-video ads are. Like
YouTube overlay ads, but Buto's in-video ads
give you the control to create your own in-video
ads which, which clicked, will drive viewers to a
website of your choosing.
• Will has just logged in to his Buto control panel
and is looking for the video he wants to create
an overlay ad for
• Will's used the search feature to find the video
he's going to work with - the Ash "Binary" music
• Will's just clicked on
"Edit" within the
and gone to "Advanced
• Will's choosing a destination URL, a title, and a
description for the button. He’s also chosen an
image to put into the ad.
• So now we can see that anyone who watches the
video will get an in-video ad to prompt them to click
on the ash website
• Don't forget that wherever the video is seen, the in-video ad
will appear. Viewers can choose to click the link or click the
'x' to close the ad.
• We've found this is a much better way of driving viewers
towards calls to action when they want to, rather than forcing
them to watch lengthy pre-roll
• Buto: Question: does the ad appear all the way through?
• Will's answer: at the next update in a few weeks you'll be
able to specify time codes. Right now the options are: all the
way through (until the viewer closes the ad) or at the end.
• We're hoping to add click analytics at that stage too.
• Thanks for reading – remember you can find out more about
Buto, open a trial account, log a support ticket (one hour
response time within business hours) or just get in touch for
• Via our website: www.buto.tv
• By phone on 0121 224 8265
• By email on email@example.com