ReStart 2013 - StartupCamp Bratislava #35Presentation Transcript
What is ReStart Slovakia
• Author of Project ReStart is
organization TechSoup Global.
• In Slovakia, project ReStart is organized by Centre for
• The project is for those people, who can solve offline
problems in society by online ways.
• The aim of the project is to connect active people with IT
community, businesses and NGOs and promote as many
online solutions that initiate social change.
• Applications for web and mobile will serve to citizens and it
will help to solve problems faced by citizens through
constructive and non-aggressive manner
Why ReStart Slovakia?
The aim of project is to help
civil society activists and
social innovators to use
technology to form a more
open society, improving the
quality of life of residents and
creating a stronger country
and its economy.
3 best projects will receive a
grant in the amount of 5,000
euros per start. The output of
the project will be at least 3
ReŠtart Slovensko 2012
37 ideas submitted on the competition platform
More than 50 articles, press releases and blogs in the media, including on
36 programmers, marketers, graphic designers and other volunteers helped
in the development and creation of applications
7 beta versions of the projects created during the weekend meeting called
All 7 projects are implemented.
The best 3 project – ReStart Slovakia 2012
This is a transparent online survey about the quality of Slovak universities.
The aim of the project is that within 5 years every university will have an
electronic evaluation system which will increase the quality of higher
• Open Courts
The aim is to change the access to information about the Slovak judiciary.
Project aims to offer better, faster and easier searching methods for public to
get the information about courts, judges and hearings. Statistics of this
information will show how effective Slovak courts operate. Also, the aim is to
increase public awareness of the judiciary.
• I park like a moron - mobile application
The aim is to improve the functionality of the project “I park like a moron”
through the mobile application. Currently there is a problem with adding
pictures to the web via email. With the mobile localization system pictures
taken could be uploaded directly to the web. What should help authorities to
act more flexible against the public space violators?
ReStart Slovakia 2013 – What’s new?
• Project ReStart 2013 is realized thanks to support from
Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through Program Active
citizenship and inclusion, which realizes Foundation
Ekopolis in cooperation with the Foundation for the Children
of Slovakia and SOCIA – Foundation for social change.
• The project is under the auspices of the Digital leader of
Slovakia, Peter Pellegrini.
• The competition runs on the new online platform
How will it work?
Teasing on social
networks, Kick off meetings
and media campaign
Collecting Ideas on the online platform restart.ludialudom.sk, Voting – 1st round
of beta versions of projects
on Gala event
The Jury choose 10 projects from 20
at least. These finalists will go to a
Voting (2nd round) for
the best projects on the
platform and through
Voting – 1st round
Kick off meetings:
on the online platform
Voting – 2nd round
15.-17.11. 2013 Ţilina
Registration is simple
Help project teams
At the end of the project form you can find area, where you can tick, who
would you need as help with your project.
1st Public voting starts with the competition 23.9.2013
Based on the number of votes received and the recommendation of
administrators, half of the registered projects (at least 20), will be presented to
The Jury, which will choose 10 best projects.
10 finalists will attend The
Hackathon and at the same
time, from the 4th of
projects on the giving portal
Ludia Ludom, where they will
fundraise for their projects.
2 Public voting started 4.11.2013
Voting will be running like:
- Clasic vote (1 vote)
- Donation (2 votes) – at least 1 Euro from individual donor
Voting continues in the Gala - via a mobile app ludialudom.sk
1. Relevance of the project to the declared themes
2. The proposed solution is feasible from a technical point
3. The project has the potential to initiate social change and
4. The project has the potential to get associates, investors,
5. Innovative solution (idea don’t have to be entirely new or
untested, if it brings innovative solutions)
6. Pervasiveness, the project won’t serve to a small group of
7. Number of votes obtained in 1st voting and communication of
project on the platform and social networks.
ReStart Topics 2013
projects, environment ...)
2. transparency (eg, open data, open governance, linking
registers, access to information, conflict of interest, ratings and
3. Anti-corruption (eg in the judiciary, health care, government)
4. Effective management (eg public money wasting, communication
with citizens, flexibility of offices, open governance ...)
5. the rule of law (eg, access to justice, rule of law, respect for
standards, rules and laws ...)
6. NEW TOPIC this year!
equality and tolerance (eg help to socially excluded
groups, development of minorities in Slovakia, contributing to equal
opportunities, combating sexual violence against women and trafficking
in human beings, damping speeches inciting hatred - "Hate
How can I join?
Promote competition among
your staff and partners and
allow them to participate in the
project as volunteers. Create IT
and communications teams.
Support winning teams in the
toughest early stage and help
them start their start-ups by
professional consultancy and