7 Steps to Creating an OmeletPresentation Transcript
7 Steps toCreating an OmeletPinchin’ Pennie$ in the KitchenCreated by:Julie Garden-Robinson, Ph.D., R.D., L.R.D.Food and Nutrition SpecialistBecky Berg, Program Assistant
1. Crack Two Eggs in aSmall Bowl.• Mix well with a wire whisk or fork.
2. Add Water or Milk and Mix.• Water or milk: 1 Tbsp.• Season with salt, pepper and herbs (ifdesired).• Herbs: dried or fresh– Chives– Parsley– Basil
3. Heat a Nonstick Skillet Over Highor Medium High Heat .• Add 2 tsp. of butter or margarine.• Rotate pan to coat the bottom.Or: Use nonstick cooking spray.
4. Add Egg Mixture to Pan.• Tilt to coat bottom of pan with egg mixture.
5. Cook Egg Mixture.• Pull the cooked egg from the edge of the panwith a spatula.• Let the uncooked egg mixture flow under thecooked portion.
6. Add Desired Fillings• 2 to 3 Tbsp. grated cheese– Cheddar, mozzarella, Pepper Jack, Swiss,American, etc.• 3 to 4 Tbsp. lean protein– Canned black beans (drained and rinsed), dicedham, chicken, crisp bacon• 3 to 4 Tbsp. vegetables– Onion, mushrooms, green pepper, tomatoes,salsa, spinach, green chili peppers
7. Fold Omelet in Half.• Slide onto plate.• Serve immediately.
Omelet Ideas• “Vegetarian:” Pepper Jack cheese,green peppers, onions, tomatoes andmushrooms• “Southwest:” black beans, cheddarcheese, green onions and salsa• “Italian:” Mozzarella cheese, spinach,chopped tomatoes and basil
Menu Idea• Omelet• Whole-grain toast• Fresh or canned peaches• Low-fat or fat-free milk