1. No More Mad Men Moms, Social Media & the End of Top-Down Marketing Stacy DeBroff | October 23, 2012 @momcentral I  grow  people…   what’s  your   superpower?
2. 1.  pay bills2.  buy groceries3.  pick up kids4. start a revolution MomCentralConsulting.com
3. The Era of Top-Down Messaging MomCentralConsulting.com
4. Facebook = Moms’ new picket fence Twitter = the new customer service hotline Blogs = replace advertising messages MomCentralConsulting.com
5. A New Era of Social Media Marketing MomCentralConsulting.com
6. Resistance to Changing Status Quo MomCentralConsulting.com
7. Historic Moments of Disruption 1920s 1960s-1970s 1970sRight to Political Right to Workplace Right to Education Equality Equality Equality MomCentralConsulting.com
14. Today’s Social Media Movement MomCentralConsulting.com
15. Right to: Marketplace Equality MomCentralConsulting.com
16. Trust = the New Marketing Catalyst •  Make purchasing decisions Social media enables Moms to seek for their children out opinions they trust, instead of •  Feel about brand loyalty relying on brand messaging & acts as •  Interact with brands catalyst that changes how Moms:
18. Pampers  Parents expressed P&G launched concern overmarketed as the diaper rash most trusted Dry Max through socialname in diapers technology media creating a in U.S. Facebook page MomCentralConsulting.com
19. “ Pampers Swaddler and Cruisers with Dry max have been causing Chemical burns, Infections, and SEVERE diaper rash. Procter …was  just  at  Wal-­‐Mart   and Gamble have been denying this claim and and  (saw)  a  guy  had   they have no scientiﬁc proof of this! This is ____ ” Pampers  Dry  Max  in  his   wrong! Please P&G do what’s right & recall! cart…I  stopped  him  and   explained  to  him  what   has  been  happening   with  this  diaper…   I  ﬁnd  this  completely   unacceptable!  something   needs  to  be  done  our   voices  aren’t  being  heard   loud  enough!   How  is  this  diaper  not   recalled  yet??  Have   not  enough  babies   Is  it  just  me  or  do  any   suﬀered  yet?  P&G  I   of  you  feel  like  this   think  you  are   issue  is  being  swept   complete  Morons!   under  the  carpet?
20. “Intensive safety assessments, chemical testing and consumer testing, before, during and after the launch shows that Pampers Dry Max is safe.” – Company Statement, Proctor Gamble Consumer Reports
21. Brands Listening Responding Free shipping and returns Personalized offerings easy free shipping Trust in labels food sourcing MomCentralConsulting.com
22. xxx Collective Power of Mom Influencers MomCentralConsulting.com