Collective Innovation…not just a good idea!
Steve Wood (Organisational & Personal Coach)
Sue Isherwood (Director of the Leading, Learning Programme
St George’s Park, November 13-14
What is creativity?
What is innovation?
What is systematic innovation?
What is collective innovation?
What makes innovation so important?
“I have seen the enemy…and he is I”!
• “If we always do what we’ve always done, we’ll always get what we’ve
always got” (Tony Robbins)
• “You don’t have to change; survival is not essential!” (Dr Deming)
• “You can’t solve today’s problems with the same thinking which
caused them in the first place!” (Einstein)
• Innovation must be part of the normal planning process
• To overcome challenges “only imagination is more important than
• All human beings are capable of creative thinking
• Look through the ‘eyes of the customer’
• There is no such thing idea as a ‘bad’ idea
• Acceptance of ‘failure’ is vital.
A Service Innovation Process
Shared outcomes (‘synergy’)
Way Forward & Willplans
Business / service to act