SEO: how does Google
By Splash Copywriters
Why is it worth knowing about Google?
• 93% of online experiences start with a
• After a search, the top-ranked website gets
33% of the traffic.
• 70% of search users won’t click past page
• Only 20% of people click on sponsored
Getting your website and your content seen
by Google is a 7-step process.
1. You create some content.
Such as a blog post.
2. Google bots that are constantly crawling
the web should then come across the blog
3. Once Google has found the new blog post,
the page with the post on it is indexed at
Page titles and link data are stored in one
place to use for broad searches, while all of
the content is stored somewhere else to help
with longer searches.
4. Google then takes a guess at your page’s
authority after assessing a multitude of
… such as reputation, authority, backlinks,
5. The new web pages are then checked
against Google’s editorial policies
(predictable action taken where required).
6. Each page of content then has a piece of
data attached to it to help with searches.
7. When someone searches for something,
Google quickly assesses all the web pages it
holds data for and the results are sorted by
authority and relevance.
Do you need SEO help?
What difference would it make to your
business if your website was on page one of
Splash Copywriters are experienced, creative
copywriters who have written for some of
the UK’s biggest companies.
We know how to write words that work, so if
you think we can help you in any way, get in
Call Matt on 07812 581 297 or take a look at