1. 1 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER ITS TIME TO THE IMPLICATIONS GET SERIOUS OF 3D PRINTING Dr. Chuck Missler Mary Gehl ADVANCED THE FAITHFUL & WEAPONRY WISE SERVANTS Dr. Steve Elwart Nancy Missler SHOULD A CHRISTIANSEPTEMBER 2012 BE A ZIONIST? Dr. Dan Stolebarger
2. 2 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER CONTENTS p.6 It’s Time To Get Serious: Dr. Chuck COVER STORY Missler Allow me to let you in on a “se- cret.” One of the most rewarding Should A Christian involvements—and one that is virtually guaranteed to help you BE A ZIONIST? on your path of spiritual growth— is a small group Bible Study. p.18 The Implications Dr. Dan Stolebarger Of 3D Printing: Mary Gehl The remarkable possibility of widespread domestic use of 3D technology has tremendous potential to change the way in which goods are obtained, designed, and innovated. p.26 Advanced Weap- onry: Dr. Steve Elwart In coming years, soldiers who duck for cover—one of the oldest ploys in combat—will no longer be offered the sanctuary it has given in centuries past. p.33 The Faithful And p.12 AS A BIBLE-BELIEVING Chris- Wise Servants: Nan- tian, it is hard not to consider oneself a Christian cy Missler Jesus describes both a true Zionist. It must be noted that this label does not disciple and a nominal believer carry with it the approval of every decision the in His story or narrative about Israelis make. the “Faithful and Wise Servants” in Matthew 24.EDITOR-IN-CHIEF - DR. CHUCK MISSLER, EXECUTIVE EDITOR - DR. GORDON MCDONALD, MANAGING EDITOR - TRACY MCDONALD, DIRECTOR OF PRINTING -DAVID HANSON, DESIGN DIRECTOR - DR. GORDON MCDONALD, EXECUTIVE RESEARCH ANALYST MARY GEHL, SENIOR RESEARCH ANALYST - STEVE ELWARTPersonal UPDATE is a registered trademark of Koinonia House, Inc.. Copyright 2012. All rights reserved. Printed in the U.S.A. Volume 22, Number 9. PersonalUPDATE is published monthly for the supporters of the ministries of Koinonia Institute, Inc.. Subscription Rate: $20.00 yearly, U.S. Addresses only. Physicaladdress: 4055 East 3rd Avenue, Post Falls, Idaho 83854. Mailing address: P.O. Box D, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83816-0347. Phone Orders: 1-800-KHOUSE1 (1-800-546-8731). Office Phone: 1-208-773-6310. Fax: 1-208-773-6312. Koinonia House Website: www.khouse.org. Online Store: http://resources.khouse.org. To Subscribecall: 1-800-546-8731. The Koinonia House mission is to create, develop and distribute materials to stimulate, encourage and facilitate serious study of the Bibleas the inerrant Word of God. Koinonia House, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)3 company. The Koinonia Institute mission is dedicated to training and equipping theserious Christian to sojourn in today’s world. President/Founder Dr. Chuck Missler Executive Director of Education Dr. Dan Stolebarger Executive Director ofResearch and Analysis Dr. Gordon McDonald Executive Analyst/KI Project Manager Mary Gehl Provost Pat Poole Registrar Stan Honn.
3. 3 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER DIGITALCONTENTS TABLETEDITION STRATEGIC TRENDS YOUR LIFELINE TO UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD AROUND YOU! Stay informed on the many happenings that are shap- ing our present situations and their future outcomes. kiresearch.org Every month Personal UPDATE’s tablet KOINONIA INSTITUTE edition offers an enriching, multime- dia learning experience for free to all of our subscribers. khouse.org/subscribe VII strategic perspectives c o n f e r e n c e IT’S TIME TO GET SERIOUS AND BECOME A PART... Seriously study the Bible with STRATEGIC TRENDS END TIMES THE KINGDOM, a world-wide community of CONFERENCE SCENARIO POWER & GLORY committed and informed What in the world Many say we are The Christians. is going on? entering a unique phase of history. Overcomer’s Handbook studycenter.com
4. 4 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER FROM THE EDITORDr. Gordon McDonald, Exec. Editor PRAY, KNOW, ACTI have always been a compulsive front-row sitter. First in line for all the movie premieres, sitting close to the screen/stage (if you don’t have to turn your head to see the action, you aren’t close enough) or on Sundays (there always seems to be room up front... hmm). I know, you know way too much about me now. But as we sit and watch the eventsthat are flooding our attention, this trait becomes an advantage. The world isThe world is changing ever more rapidly. Things are starting to changing ever“resolve” as Chuck would say. I feel I am in anticipation of the nextgreat (greatest?) release. The anticipation is growing. Pivotal events more rapidly.are coming one after another—just as one is resolved the next is Things areright there. With each wave we see things more clearly. Clarity hasalways been the thing I long for most. starting to “resolve.”Solomon did also. What we read as “wisdom” he read as clarity.Clarity on what is happening and clarity on how to best respond. That was God’s great gift tohim. That doesn’t mean his self-interests didn’t get in the way. But he knew.This Fall will be historic. Whether it be Israel and its enemies, the conjunction of ever moredangerous weapons and genetic technologies or thestruggle to desperately hold on to the heritage God hasgifted America, we are guaranteed a “robust” immediatefuture filled with opportunity to respond.Pray for wisdom, pray for clarity. But, as Solomonfound, knowing is not enough. We must act or the gift iswasted. Be a part of what God is doing in this next greatblockbuster.Dr. Gordon McDonaldExecutive Editor
5. 5 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER SEP2012 IN THE NEWS EACH MONTH WE SELECT NEWS THAT WE FEEL WILL HELP KEEP YOU INFORMED. MANY OF OUR NEWS SELECTIONS ARE NOT GIVEN ADEQUATE ATTENTION BY THE MAINLINE MEDIA. RUSSIA >> RUSSIA ENTERS WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION After more than 18 years of negotiations, Russia’s lower house of parliament ratified the na- tion’s entry into the World Trade Organization, a move that’s expected to free up global trade with the world’s second-largest oil exporter. Russia first applied for membership in June 1993, and the WTO approved its membership in December 2011. For more info: READ MORE GENETICS >> A LOTION THAT CAN FIX YOUR GENES Future genetic therapy could be as simple as applying a topical lotion, with nanoscale com- pounds soaking through your epidermis to tweak your DNA. This new class of nucleic acid structures could guard against some types of skin cancer, according to researchers at North- western University. For more info: READ MORE AMERICA >> THE U.N. ARMS TREATY TEXT CONFLICTS WITH U.S. LAW The proposed United Nations International Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) is out, with the stated purpose of halting illegal trade of weapons in order to keep them from pouring into conflict zones. But, although the draft’s preamble contains a recognition of lawful private activities, it does not recognize national constitutional protections of firearms ownership. For more info: READ MORE MIDEAST >> IRAN THREATENS U.S. OVER SYRIAN ABDUCTIONS Should any of the Iranians taken hostage by rebels in Syria be harmed, America should expect Iran’s intelligence agents to respond in kind, the Islamic regime has warned. “America and certain countries of the region are responsible for these crimes, and they will receive the ap- propriate response at the right time.” For more info: READ MORE GENETICS >> FIRST COMPLETE COMPUTER MODEL OF BACTERIAL DNA A microbe that causes sexually transmitted infections now has a much more awe-inspiring claim to fame: It has become the first organism to be completely simulated by a computer model. The bug in question, Mycoplasma genitalium, is a good candidate for scientists to reconstruct using a computer, because it is truly tiny, with only 525 genes. For more info: READ MORE
6. 6 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER BIBLE STUDYDr. Chuck Missler - Founder IT’S TIME TO GET SERIOUS!ALLOW ME TO LET YOU IN ON A “SECRET.” ONE OF THE MOST REWARDING IN-VOLVEMENTS—AND ONE THAT IS VIRTUALLY GUARANTEED TO HELP YOU ONYOUR PATH OF SPIRITUAL GROWTH—IS A SMALL GROUP BIBLE STUDY.A ll of us talk about seeking spiritual growth. But are we really serious? How serious are you? The summer is ending, and the fall season brings us back to our “normal” rou- tine of back-to-school, preparations for the holidays, and a time for reapplying our- selves to our various personal goals. It is also a great time to re-examine our spiritualgoals. Let’s assume that you already have—maybe some time ago—madea personal commitment to Jesus Christ. What then? Well, you really BIObegan to study the Word of God and began to aspire to real growth “in Dr. Chuck Missler President/Founder,the grace and knowledge” of our Savior. How’s it been going? Koinonia Institute There are three “legs” on the “stool” of our Christian Walk: Study After a distinguished military career and moreof the Word, Prayer, and the Fellowship of Believers. While facili- than 30 very successfulties and formalities of the Sunday services have become the norm for years in the corporate business environment,many, it was not always so. In the early church, the fellowships were, Chuck was led to pursueof course, in the homes of the believers. When you visit Capernaum a life-long endeavor of teaching the Bible onin Israel, one of the archaeological sites is what is believed to be Peter’s a full-time basis. Hehome, which ultimately evolved into a church. founded Koinonia House, an organization devoted While many enjoy participating in the various styles of worship— to encouraging peoplefrom the majesty of traditional liturgical services to the informality of to study the Bible. He also founded Koinoniacontemporary casualness—there is nothing that can compare to the Institute to enable peoplewarmth and intimacy of a home study group. to have a Kingdom effect on the world today. If you have yet to discover the rewards of a home Bible study (oran online small group through Koinonia Institute), you are in for apleasant surprise. The Holy Spirit seems to accomplish so much in the
7. 7 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER Peter’s House Under the Church intimacy of the fellowship there. Our Central Focus One of the key secrets to a successful small group Bible Study, in my experience, has been to focus on an expositional study, expounding upon the Text. There is a simplicity— and a fruitfulness—to focusing on what God has said in His Word, addressing one specific book of the Bible at a time. This has proven to be one of the most effective means to laying an in-depth founda- If you have yet to tion that will last a lifetime, and which will ultimately discover the rewards cover “the whole counsel of God” (Acts 20:27). of a home Bible study (or an online Where to Start? small group through One of the most frequent questions I get is, “Which book should I start with?” There are many Koinonia Institute), sound answers. Which book interests you the most? you are in for a I startle many with the suggestion of starting with pleasant surprise. the Book of Revelation! It is the only book of the Bible that declares a special blessing on the reader and hearer! No other book singles itself out in that respect. One of the reasons it is always such a special blessing is that a proper review will include supporting passages from virtually every other book of the Bible. (The 404 verses of Revelation include over 800 allusions from the Old Testament!) It puts God’s en- tire plan of redemption into focus—from Genesis to Revelation.
8. 8 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER Another sound suggestion is the Gospel of John (available soon on DVD!). It has been said that it is shallow enough for a child to wade in, and deep enough for an elephant to bathe in! No matter how diverse your group is—from the novice to the sophisticate—all will benefit from going through this book again. It deals with all of the basics. I’ve taught it manyJohn Sees The New Jerusalem times—and each time results in new discoveries! Other suggestions include the book of beginnings—the Book of Genesis, the propheticBook of Ruth, or the Book of Acts. You can really start anywhere. Let the Holy Spirit leadyou. He always knows best, if you’re listening. See our small group study packages on page 11 for some additional inspiration.If starting orattending a home The Koinonia InstituteBible study is If starting or attending a home Bible Study is not pos- sible for you right now, we invite you to join us online fornot possible for a unique brand of small group learning—The Koinoniayou right now, Institute. Classes are small, intimate, and worldwide! You’llwe invite you to be amazed at the fellowship that occurs even if your “smalljoin us online group” lives in several different countries. The following is afor a unique snapshot of what we would like the members of our fellow-brand of small ship to look like:group learning— 1. Become a Berean! Someone who is more than aThe Koinonia causal lis ener to the Word of God and someone who has tInstitute. made a commitment to study the Text! Our model Scripture is from the book of Acts:
9. 9 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readi- ness of mind, and searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so. Acts 17:11 2. To gain the reputation of the Sons of Issachar, as I startle many with seen in the following passage: the suggestion of And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had starting with the understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; Book of Revela- the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren tion! It is the only were at their commandment. book of the Bible 1 Chronicles 12:32 that declares a spe- We realize that the world is currently being plunged cial blessing on the into a time about which the Bible says more than it does reader and hearer. about the time when Jesus walked along the shores of the Galilee. We also know that in the area of prophecy, we suffer oftentimes more from our sup- porters than our detractors! But instead of becoming “marginal” and possibly throwing out the baby with the bath water, the Institute believes that the time has come to have a balanced per- spective on the things that are to come and are, in fact, happening all around us today! 3. Finally, our desire is to be “authentic” and, as mentioned earlier, to become those who not only know their Bibles but more importantly are those who are living what they KI Members
10. 10 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER have learned from their Bibles! We have taken our Biblical mandate for this from the Ten Com- mandments: It is the Third Command- ment that states: Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Exodus 20:7 Here at KI we refer to this as Koinonos, which is the Greek word for a partner or participant; it also im- plies a fiduciary—one that puts his part- ner’s interests ahead of his own! Three words sum up this level … application, application and application! Together, these are the three pillars of the Koinonia Institute. It is our passion and ourheart to be laser focused on following God and partnering with Him to build KI into a ves-It is our passion and sel fit for His use in the days that lie ahead!our heart to be laser If in reading this the Holy Spirit has prompted you in any way, we would love to dialogue with you andfocused on following invite you to check us out. As the psalmist wrote: “Oh,God and partnering taste and see that the Lord is good!” Come taste KI andwith Him to build KI see if it is right for you! You can find more informationinto a vessel fit for at:His use in the daysthat lie ahead! www.studycenter.com
11. 11 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER Do you need small group study materials also? It’s Our SMALL GROUP STUDY PACKS Pick any of these great DVD titles with six of its workbooks and get up toProphecy 101 30% OFFLearn the Bible in 24 Hours regular prices.*Genesis Commentary MORE INFONumbers CommentaryProverbs CommentaryDaniel CommentaryProphets to the Southern Kingdom CommProphets to the Northern Kingdom CommProphets to the Gentiles CommMatthew Commentary MORE INFOLuke CommentaryActs CommentaryRevelation Commentary(*Additional workbooks available at discounted prices)(For more information and pricing see page 45.)
12. 12 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER SHOULD A CHRISTIAN BE A ZIONIST? by Dr. Dan Stolebarger Executive Director, Koinonia InstituteA S A BIBLE-BELIEVING CHRISTIAN, IT IS HARD NOT TO CONSIDER ONESELF A CHRISTIAN ZIONIST. IT MUST BE NOTED THAT THIS LABEL DOES NOT CARRY WITH IT THE AP-PROVAL OF EVERY DECISION THE ISRAELIS MAKE, BUT IT DOES DESCRIBE ACCURATELYTHEIR RIGHT TO THE LAND. Zionism (Hebrew: תונויצTsiyonut) is a form of nationalism of Jews and Jewish culturethat supports a Jewish nation state in the territory defined as the Land of Israel. At some point one must define himself as either pro or anti when it comes to Zion-ism; with the Lord there is hardly ever a position of neutrality. Today the floodwaters in theMiddle East are rising, and when one claims to be a Zionist they are often lumped into a boxlabeled “fanatic,” “apartheid,” “bigot,” etc. And, of course, along with the Zionist tag one isautomatically labeled anti-Palestinian. In today’s world the Believer must first explore and search out what the Bible says! Withall the political smoke, mirrors and rhetoric that seek to confuse the issue, the Bible is actu-ally very clear on this subject. For those who believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, we can conclude that
13. 13 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER this Land was truly given to the Jews by God 4,000 years ago and his- tory supports the fact that the Jews have maintained a presence in their Land throughout the centuries. The Land Covenant BIO Concerning the Land grant, we read the following in the Book of Dan Stolebarger, Executive Director Genesis: of Education, KI Dan was born and raised On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying: “To in San Diego, California. During his Senior year of your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to high school, Dan came to the great river, the River Euphrates—the Kenites, the Kenezzites, the know Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. Early Kadmonites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, the Amorites, on, Dan had a deep thirst the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.” for the Word of God, as well as a desire to be a Genesis 15:18-21 sold-out man of God. Dan met Chuck Missler and traveled with him to As we read, we see that God made a covenant. In Hebrew the word the Mediterranean coun- for covenant is briyth, which consists of the following concepts: an alliance, tries and Israel. Dan left San Diego and moved or a sacred pledge or agreement. In the previous verses of Genesis 15 we to Coeur d’Alene, Idaho read about the binding of this covenant. to serve as the Executive Director of Koinonia The actual word in the Hebrew literally means “to cut,” and so we see Institute. Abraham cutting the sacrifices into halves. In order to ratify the covenant, the two parties would walk between the sacrifices, but here we see that the two entities that walk between the sacrifices do not include Abraham. He is in a God-induced deep sleep. We read that it is a smoking furnace and a burning lamp that walk between the sacrifice. It’s interesting that in Hebrews 12:29 we get a glimpse of the identity of these metaphors: For our God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:29
14. 14 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER From this we conclude that the covenant is an unconditional promise of God, for He swore by Himself; thus, there are no conditions placed on Abraham. There are no “if and then” clauses, only a God-proclaimed “I Will.” One thing that is con- sistent throughout the Scriptures is that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob keeps covenant! The Torah proclaims in the book of Numbers that: God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make Abraham by Rembrandt it good? Behold, I have received a command to bless; He has blessed, and I cannot reverse it.The Land Numbers 23:19,20Covenant is an This is a rather short and pointed synopsis of the pastunconditional where one gains perspective when reading about the grant-promise of God, ing of the land of Israel (Zion) to the Jews.for He swore byHimself; thus, Israel Todaythere are no So now we look at the present day. In today’s world the anti-Israel and anti-Semitic would seek to ignore the Landconditions placed grant and focus on the so-called displaced Palestinians.on Abraham. The reality is that the term “Palestinian” would betterdescribe the Israelis rather than the Arabs to whom this term is applied. When Rome over-came the Jewish Bar Kokhba Revolt in a.d. 136, in order to dampen the Jewish spirit theyrenamed Israel Palaestina. The name “Palestine” was never given to a people. The truth of the matter is that today’s so-called Palestinians are actually Arabs, and theBible also speaks of the geographical areas that God allotted to them. Remember when Mo-ses led the people out of Egypt and through the wilderness? When their 40 years of wander-ing was up (due to their disobedience at Kadesh Barnea), they were told that when passingthrough certain lands, they were not to claim any of it as their own because it was given to
15. 15 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER Esau and his descendants. By today’s borders, those lands would be contained in Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Syria. The truth is that the entire West Bank belongs to Israel. These are the mountains of Judea and Samaria. The Biblical sites of Shiloh, Bethel, and Shechem, as well as Mount Ebal Today’s so-called and Gerizim are contained within the boundaries of the Palestinians are so-called West Bank of today. All of today’s Israeli “settle- actually Arabs, and ments” are within the boundaries that God gave to His the Bible also speaks people Israel. of geographical With this in mind, as a Bible-believing Christian it is areas which God hard not to consider oneself a Christian Zionist. It must be noted that this label does not carry with it the approval gave to them. of every decision the Israelis make, but it does describe accurately their right to the Land. Israel’s Future As we look to the future we know that a nation has been born in a day and that the Lord is bringing His Covenant people back to the Land! Since May of 1948 we have been witnessing the dry bones becoming flesh. In regards to Zion we are currently at an impasse and the world leaders are seeking to move along the so-called Peace Process by carving up the Promised Land. Before we go any further, let’s look at what the Prophet Joel has to say about dividing and partitioning His Land. I will also gather all nations, And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; And I will enter into judgment with them there On account of My people, My heritage Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; They have also divided up My land. Valley of Jehoshaphat, Jerusalem Joel 3:2
16. 16 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER This passage, as well as the picture Zecha- riah paints concerning Jerusalem being a type of global hernia in the last days, should cause us great concern. The burden of the word of the Lord against Israel. Thus says the Lord, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: “Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem. And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave Michelangelo’s Zechariah it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. In that day,” says the Lord, “I will strike every horse with confusion, and its rider with madness; I will open My eyes on the house of Judah, and will strike every horse of the peoples with blindness.”Let us remind Zechariah 12:1-4ourselves thatPaul makes it As “the world as we know it” wraps up, let us remindclear—God’s ourselves that Paul makes it clear—God’s Covenant People will not be forgotten; they still have a destiny. The IsraelitesCovenant of today are our brothers. We share a common root! As ourPeople will not college campuses explode in terms of anti-Israel rhetoric and asbe forgotten; this current U.S. Administration seems set on expanding rela-they still have a tionships with the so-called moderates that call themselves thedestiny. Muslim Brotherhood, I for one will choose to STAND with Israel today! With that being said I truly consider myself a Christian Zionist. As mentioned earlierwith the Lord, there is hardly ever a position of neutrality, so heed the words of Elijah andJoshua … “Choose this day where your allegiance will lie!”
17. 17 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER COMESEE ISRAEL Issachar Tour 2012 Post-Tour Excursion: Petra and Masada The Israel Of The Bible, The Israel Of Today With Chuck Missler And Dan Stolebarger October 31- November 9, 2012 (In-Israel Dates) Post-Tour Option: Visit Petra and Masada With Dan Stolebarger November 9-14, 2012 For More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
18. 18 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER TECHNOLOGY THE IMPLICATIONS OFMary Gehl, Executive Analyst, KI 3D PRINTINGTHE REMARKABLE POSSIBILITY OF WIDESPREAD DOMESTIC USE OF 3D TECH-NOLOGY HAS TREMENDOUS POTENTIAL TO CHANGE THE WAY IN WHICH GOODSARE OBTAINED, DESIGNED, AND INNOVATED.I magine the ability to create your own aspirin or your own antacid tablet at home whenever you needed one. It sounds like a great opportunity BIO by Mary Gehl to avoid those midnight trips to the 24-hour pharmacy. Now, imag- Executive Analyst ine that technology in the hands of those who would love to create Koinonia Institutetheir own pharmekeia empire. The growing popularity of 3D printing Following a 23-year executive career thatmay make that scenario a reality in the near future. spanned the banking, aerospace, education, and agri-chemical sectors,How It Started widowhood changed 3D printing is not a new idea. It was actually patented in the late Ma r y’s l i f e f o re ve r. Answering the call from1970s. 3D printing is the process of making three-dimensional solid the Lord, she moved toobjects from a digital file. This is accomplished using additive processes Idaho and completed a one-year internship within which an object is created by laying down successive layers of mate- Koinonia Institute andrial. It differs from traditional subtractive processes (machining tech- was the first member to earn a Silver Medallion.niques) in which material is removed by drilling or cutting. She now works for the The additive process requires less raw material and, because soft- Institute in a variety of capacities, includingware drives 3D printers, each item can be made differently without projects, research,costly retooling. Engineers and designers have utilized 3D printers for analysis, and writing – a watchman on the wallmore than a decade to make prototypes quickly and cheaply before em- – while continuing herbarking on the expensive business of retooling a factory to produce the studies and enjoying a new life with husband,“real thing.” Drew Gehl. Since 2003, the cost of the materials printers used in 3D print-ing have decreased significantly, causing the technology to expand into
19. 19 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER other areas, including jewelry, footwear, industrial design, architecture, engineering and construction (AEC), automotive, aerospace, dental and medical industries, education, geo- graphic information systems, civil engineering, and other fields. The remarkable possibility of widespread domestic use of this technology has tremen- dous potential to change the way in which goods are obtained, designed, and innovated. Analysts believe the explosion of 3D printing from the 3D printing is the workplace into the home will be far faster than it was for process of making 2D printing technologies. Terry Wohlers, of Wohlers Associates, has been three-dimensional studying additive manufacturing (AM) and 3D printing solid objects from for two decades. According to Mr. Wohlers: a digital file. Low-cost 3D printers affect both the professional and con- sumer markets. The increased sale of these machines over the past few years has taken additive manufacturing (AM) mainstream more than any other single development. 3D printers have helped spread the technology and made it more accessible to students, researchers, do-it-yourself enthusiasts, hobbyists, inventors, and entrepreneurs. Terry Wohlers
20. 20 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER The 3D printing and additive manufacturing industry is expected to reach $3.1 billionby 2016 and $5.2 billion by 2020.Implications There are many economic, legal, and sociological implications of the wide-spread dis-semination of 3D printers into domestic settings. Technological developments have the po-tential to influence an entire industry, such as the effect of digital formats within the musicindustry. Economically, there is a potential for a similar ef-While the fect as individuals gain the ability to print objects. Thistechnology of change in the market for tangible goods may change the3D printing is prevalent economic models of consumerism as the focusbrilliant, the shifts from the manufacturing of goods towards a moreimplications of this knowledge-based economy with a high value assigned to 3D blueprints.technology in the Additionally, the economic trend of mass customiza-hand of the masses tion is quickly becoming a reality. The new model of in-are endless. novation and prototyping products will be continually anditeratively refined—designs may never reach a state of being completed or finalized. The economic trends imply associated legal anomalies. Intellectual Property (IP) lawis split into four key areas: copyright, design protection, patents, and trademarks. All areascan be easily infringed upon by 3D printing. However, it is not just the impending legal issues that have social scientists and analysts 3D Additive Printed Model
21. 21 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER concerned. The first half of the 20th century in advanced economies has been described as a social system focused around the large-scale consumerism and mass production of standardized products. This model depends on the majority of workers be- ing paid enough to afford the consumer goods generated by economics of scale. 3D Additive Printers This has given way in the 21 century to a paradigm characterized by small-batch production, economies of scope, st specialized products, new information technologies, reliance on service jobs, and an empha- sis on types of consumers rather than on social class. 3D printers may, through an increased level of flexibility, reconfigure many of our contemporary 3D printers may, social and economic relationships on a global basis. through an increased Prosumerism level of flexibility, While the technology of 3D printing is brilliant, reconfigure many of the implications of this technology in the hands of the our contemporary masses are endless. In fact, the sociological implications resulted in the coining of a new word—prosumerism—a social and economic shift from our consumer focus into a world where pro- relationships. duction and consumption are continuous and symbiotic. This will mean instant gratification in a society already leaning toward the fulfillment of self. Of specific concern is the work of a team of researchers led by chemist Lee Cronin at the University of Glasgow, UK. Using a digital blueprint and a 3D printer costing $2,000, the team has engineered a selection of chemicals. According to Richard Jones, a nanotechnologist at the University of Sheffield, UK, “This method is a welcome departure from the tools currently available to chemists who have been doing their business pretty much unchanged since the alchemists.” Mr. Cronin agrees and emphasizes that the team’s method “fundamentally changes the
22. 22 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDERway chemistry is done.” The typical laboratory test tubes, flasks, and beakers are no longer passive players—theyhave become active agents. The chemical reactions depend upon the starting ingredients,their ratios, and the speed with which they are mixed. The team discovered that they could use a common bathroom sealant as the pri- mary material for printing reaction chambersProjects currently of all shapes and sizes, as wellexist to distribute as connection tubes of varying3D printers to lengths. Once hard, the 3Dthe developing printer squirts in the reac-countries to tants, or “chemical inks.” Reactions can be alteredenable them to by changing the size ofmake things the reaction chamberssuch as bicycle and the distances theparts and other inks have to travel toeconomic items. reach them. If a reac- tion does not work asintended, the shape of the reactor can be changed with-out changing the chemical reagents. Mr. Cronin emphasizes, This geometric control allows the intricate details of a reac- tion to be varied systematically in new ways, which might result in totally new compounds. In principle, the dimensions of the equipment and chemicalingredients required to produce a particular pharmaceutical product canall be predesigned and embedded in the same software blueprint. All a userneeds to do is download it and feed it to a printer. The most immediate application of the team’s discovery is to existing chemists. How-ever, by providing new ways to discover chemical compounds, the technology could oneday turn anyone with a 3D printer and an Internet connection into a chemist. In the spiritof altruism, Mr. Cronin says, “It’s a way of democratizing chemistry, bring chemistry to the
23. 23 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER masses.” People in the far-reaching global community can make their own head- ache pills or detergent. These techniques may also allow people to print and share recipes for niche substances that chemical or pharmaceutical companies will not make because the customer base is not profitable. Projects currently exist to distribute 3D print- ers to the developing countries to enable them to Some of us have make things such as bicycle parts and other eco- experienced the nomical items. Even in countries where wonders of 3D there is no access to the most basic printing at the drugs and cleaning products, cell dentist’s office. phones, the Internet, and 3D printers will be available. These technological foundations will set in motion the future of prosumerism in the chemi- cal world. As Mr. Cronin elaborates, …most drugs and detergents are made of carbon, hydro- gen, and oxygen, also the components of readily available substances such as corn syrup, glycerol, and paraffin. The team is currently working on a kit to print ibuprofen. They are excited about the possibilities that non-chemists in the developed world will use the technology to buy and share recipes directly from chem- ists and develop substances that a company has not yet developed or commercialized. Almost as an afterthought, the team acknowledged that such freedoms will also bring challenges. These challenges in- clude ensuring the substances are made safely, and dealing with the black markets that “might” offer prescription-only or illegal drugs. This possibility was quickly waived away as the researchers describe their vi- sion of an online store where an app for a particular drug can be downloaded to a personal 3D printer and a standard set of chemical inks can be ordered. In their vision, the potential health dangers from allowing people to print their own legal or illegal drugs would be minimized as the team would only write software for
24. 24 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER specific end-products that would be difficult to modify into other reac- SOURCES tions.David, P. A., 2000, The Future of 3D Printing “ U n d e rsta n d i n g Digital Technolo- Some of us have experienced the wonders of 3D printing at the gy’s Evolution and the Path of Mea- dentist’s office. The digital technology creates a 3D image of patients’ sured Productivity teeth, eliminating the need for uncomfortable molds. As a hand-held Growth: Present and Future in the scanner takes three-dimensional images of a patient’s damaged and sur- Mirror of the Past”. rounding teeth, the images are displayed on a screen. In Brynolfsson, E. and Kahin, B., (eds), The image is then sent to a 3D printer outfitted with the com- Understanding the Digital Economy, pounds necessary to build a crown or bridge implant. Once the prod- C a m b r i d ge M A : uct is “baked” and cooled, it is ready for fitting. This “digital dentistry” MIT Press, 49-95S Bradshaw, A Bowyer creates near-perfect impressions that almost eliminate the need for refit- & P Haufe, 2010, ting. Many dental offices can now do all steps while the patient waits. “ The Intellectual Property Implica- This technology is now expanding into other areas as well. Biotech- tions of Low-Cost 3D Printing”, 7:1 nology and academic institutions are now studying 3D printing tech- SCRIPTed 5, http:// nology. They are reviewing the possible use of the technology in tissue w w w. l aw. e d . a c . u k / a h r c / s c r i p t- engineering applications, where organs and various body parts are built ed/vol7-1/brad- sh aw. asp as on using inkjet techniques. 15/03/2011 Layers of living cells are deposited onto a gel medium and slowlyhttp://www.create- itreal.com/index. built up to form three dimensional structures. 3D printing can produce php/en/3d-print- a personalized hip replacement in one pass, with the ball permanently er/48http://www.theen- inside the socket. Even at the current printing resolutions the unit will g i n e e r. c o . u k / in-depth/the-big- not require polishing. story/the-rise-of- Several terms have been used to refer to this field of research: organ additive-manufac- turing /1002560. printing, bio-printing, and computer-aided tissue engineering. U.S. re- article searchers at Cornell University have engineered an ear made of silicone.http://www.ccsenet. org/journal/index. Additionally, Hod Lipson, the director of the Computational Syn- php/jsd/article/ view/6984 theses Laboratory at the university, has been testing the 3D printer as ahttp://www.nytimes. means of producing synthetic heart valves. Hopes are high of using a 3D com/2011/01/13/ technology/per- printer to produce functional human body parts. sonaltech/13 Indeed, 3D printing technology is here and it is disrupting every basics.html?_r=3http://www.bbc.com/ field it touches. news/technol- ogy12520951
25. VII KOINONIA INSTITUTE Earl y Bird ecial 25 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 PRESENTS COVER Din H CONTENTS ORDER ner w urr y! Sp /Ch /Josep rence Breauck Missleh Farah Confe re Sept. 30 70 THE RESORT, COEUR D’ALENE, ID befo dmission - $ OCTOBER 26-27, 2012 LIMI kfast Cr r & TED u lA SEAT ise strategic Genera embers - $60 ING! KI M perspectives c o n f e r e n c e i n t e l , i n s i g h t & i n s p i r at i o n Plan On Attending Today! Join These Great Speakers As They Explore Our Rapidly Changing World Through The Lens Of God’s Word. Ticket Prices: Conference General - $85 ea. Mem. - $70 ea. Dr. Chuck Missler Jonathan CahnCEO, KOINONIA INSTITUTE Breakfast Cruise THE HARBINGER General - $75 ea. Dinner w/ Joseph Farah & Chuck Missler General - $75 ea. Joseph Farah Mati Shoshani WORLDNETDAILY JER. INST. OF JUSTICE ? Waiting For Ron Matsen Donald Perkins Dan Stolebarger CONFIRMATION LYONSHEAD MEDIA, NZ EVANGELIST KOINONIA INSTITUTE For more information & to purchase tickets CALL: 1-800-546-8731 khouse.org/conference
26. 26 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER STRATEGIC TRENDSDr. Steve Elwart, Senior Analyst, KI ADVANCED WEAPONRYIN COMING YEARS, SOLDIERS WHO DUCK FOR COVER—ONE OF THE OLDESTPLOYS IN COMBAT—WILL NO LONGER BE OFFERED THE SANCTUARY IT HASGIVEN IN CENTURIES PAST...W hile cyberweapons have taken center stage in the news of late, the world’s military establishments are still developing new weap- BIO ons that will do massive physical damage to any adversary b y St e v e El w a r t that comes their way. The Pentagon’s Defense Advanced Re- Senior Analyst Koinonia Institutesearch Projects Agency, better known as DARPA, is developing weap- Steve Elwart is a Seniorons using the newest technology, many of which are still classified. Analyst for the Koinonia The three basic elements of the art of warfare are mobility, fire- Institute and has been a member of the Institute power, and security. While cyber secu- since 2006. He hasThe three basic rity1 encompasses some of these aspects, spent 40 years in the Oilelements of the new weapons to control the land, seas, Industry. In those 40 years, Steve has had theart of warfare and air are still needed. opportunity to work not only in private industry,are mobility, DARPA is coordinating the activi- but also as a consultant with numerousfirepower, and ties of several countries to bring inno- government agencies. As vative weapons into the battle space.security. a Subject Matter Expert on energy, automation, Traditional weapons are being refined a n d c y b e r s e c u r i t y,and enhanced and have capabilities war planners of a generation ago Steve has workedonly dreamed of. with two presidential administrations, several The refinement of weapons, accordingly, must be studied against cabinet level departments,a background of whole systems of penetration and defense. Weapons as well as numerous congressional staffs andalone seldom determine the issue of battle, particularly when both state commissions. Stevesides are evenly matched. The skill with which strategy and tactics has also served as interim pastor of his church.were deployed, the spirit of the commander in directing his troops,and the precision with which the troops handled their weapons were
27. 27 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER even decisive factors in many of the battles mentioned in the Bible. Ezekiel speaks of God putting hooks into the jaws of the Scythians2 and drawing them into a world confrontation, along with all their “army, horses This form of and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even deceit is often a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling depicted as swords.”3 One must remember the vocabulary used in Bible transla- being equal to, tions. Modern warfare may put a completely different spin on or superior to, the translation of the verses. In the above verse, the word “hors- other military es” has also been translated “bird” or “chariot rider.” In today’s virtues such as vernacular, “helicopter” and “tank commander” could easily be courage, for- used instead of these words. (Helicopters are known as “birds” titude, or self- by their pilots and Merkava, the name of Israel’s main battle sacrifice. tank, means “chariot.”) Also, could the recent oil and gas discoveries off the coast of Israel be the spoils that are used to set the hooks in the jaws of a Russia that, by some accounts, is running out of these resources? The weapons of today are truly frightening in their sophistication and destructive power. HELLADS The name of this weapon invokes impressions of the power this device generates. HELLADS is an acronym for High Energy Liquid Laser Area Defense System. HEL- LADS is an advanced laser system that is being designed to “harness the speed and power of light to counter multiple threats.” What sets this weapon apart is its size. This laser is designed to be a 150-kilowatt weapon that’s light enough to attach to a fighter jet. HEL-
28. 28 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER LADS will integrate onto tacti- cal aircraft to defend against and defeat ground threats with minimal collateral damage. The laboratory testing on the weapons system has been completed using a single laser module that successfully dem- onstrated the ability to achieve high power and beam quality from a significantly lighterHTV-2 Falcon and smaller laser. HELLADSdevelopment has been scheduled to be completed at the White Sands Missile Range forground testing against rockets, mortars, surface-to-air missiles and to conduct simulated air-to-ground offensive missions.HTV-2 Falcon The Falcon HTV-2 is an unmanned, rocket-launched aircraft that glides through theEarth’s atmosphere at Mach 20 (approximately 13,000 miles per hour). At this speed, theflight time between New York City and Los Angeles would be less than 12 minutes. TheHTV-2 vehicle flight mission profile is to be a “data truck” that collects data “in uncertaincircumstances.” The latest test flight of the HTV-2 was launched in August of last year. The HTV-2glider was to fly 4,800 miles (7,700 km) across the Pacific to Kwajalein Atoll. The launchwas successful, but the mission was not completed as planned. Reports stated that contacthad been lost with the vehicle 36 minutes into the mission. The test flight ended when thecomputer autopilot had “commanded flight termination.” It was later reported that theHTV-2 literally flew out of its skin.The DiscRotor Program An aircraft capable of travelling long distances at high speeds with vertical take-off andlanding (VTOL)/hover capability will bridge the gap in helicopter escort and insertion mis-sions by providing survivability, mobility, and responsiveness for troop and cargo insertion.DARPA thinks the DiscRotor should be capable of 460 mph (740 kph) at 30,000 feet,
29. 29 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER while retaining the hover and low-speed characteristics of a helicopter. The DiscRotor will be capable of high-efficiency hover, high-speed flight, and seam- less transition between flight states. The aircraft will be able to take off and land like a he- licopter, but fly horizontally like a conventional jet. Transitioning from helicopter flight to fixed-wing flight is possible by retracting the blades within the disc. Man has not only The DiscRotor’s combination of high speed for ingress and egress and good high-altitude hover performance would developed the fit a combat search-and-rescue role. The initial concept power to destroy vehicle approximates the size of a UH-60 Black Hawk-size mankind, but he fuselage. has done so at a The SolarEagle frightful cost. The Vulture Program’s unmanned SolarEagle aircraft is a platform designed to carry a payload and remain in the air for up to five years at a time. SolarEagle is being designed to perform intelligence, surveillance and communication mis- sions. The intent of the program is to act as a low-cost satellite that could also be used to monitor arms treaty compliance, national border activity, or battlefield surveillance. The aircraft would be solar-powered, with a 120-meter wing span. It is designed to operate at altitudes above 11 miles (18,000 meters). Boeing hopes it will make its first demonstration flight in 2014. LANdroids Closer to earth are new weapons which will help ground forces stay in contact using a small, secure, ad-hoc communication system. iRobot, the company mostly known for mak- The Solar Eagle
30. 30 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER ing the Roomba® vacuum cleaner, has been awarded a grant to develop a LANdroids (Local Area Network droids) system. The aim was to develop a com- munication system by creating pock- et-sized robots that soldiers could scatter as they moved through an ur- ban area. The robots would each act as a node in a wireless network. As the soldiers move, the robots would A LANdroid autonomously move with them, fill-ing gaps in the network. According to iRobot, the LANdroid it created weighed around one pound, was highlymobile, and was self-righting and obstacle climbing. iRobot has also developed a throwablerobot for soldiers that will be available this year. It says the robot could be used to investigatehard-to-access places such as tunnels and ditches.Smart Ammunition In warfare, one of the first things infantry soldiers are taught is to seek cover once theshooting starts. Since the invention of projectile weapons (stones, arrows, bullets and artil-lery), a force that can shoot from behind cover such as rocks, the rim of a ditch or behindthe wall of the building, can often save itself from death or injury. Modern technology maymake this basic evasion strategy obsolete. Smart ammunition may just be what Jeremiah was describing when he said, “Theirarrows shall be as of a mighty expert man; None shall return in vain.”4 In the quaint KingJames, arrows that do not return in vain mean that they hit their target every time. An American arms firm, ATK, and the German company, Heckler & Koch, have de-signed a weapon that negates the advantage of cover by borrowing an idea from another armsdesigner, Henry Shrapnel. The XM25, as the new rifle is known, weighs about 6 kg (13 lb), fires a 25mm roundand is accurate up to 500 meters (1,600 feet). This is over twice the range of the AK-47, theweapon of choice used by NATO’s adversaries. What makes this weapon unique is that it
31. 31 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER does not have to be aimed directly at the target. The round only needs to be aimed close to it. Once at its target, the round explodes, just like Shrapnel’s original artillery shells. Inside the XM25 bullet is a small computer that monitors the projectile’s flight and ex- plodes the round once it reaches its objective. Someone hiding around a corner or behind a wall will now be vulnerable to enemy fire. SOURCES The United States is now testing XM25 in Afghanistan. To date, Ehrenfeld, D. (1978). The Arrogance of they have been used on more than 200 occasions. The program has Humanism. New been so successful that the army has ordered 36 more of the new weap- York: Oxford Uni- versity. ons. Gonen, R. (1980). In coming years, soldiers who duck for cover—one of the oldest “ We a p o n s a n d Warfare in Ancient ploys in combat—will no longer be offered the sanctuary it has given in Times.” In R. Gonen, centuries past. Lerner Archaeology Series: Digging up the Past. Lerner Is There a Limit? Publishing Group. Even with the sophisticated technology we possess with modern Missler, C. (2010, March 01). The Ma- weapons, the limits of human knowledge and power are manifested by gog Invasion, An the fact that these very same technologies tend to worsen our problems Alternative View. Re t r i e v e d f ro m rather than solve them. This is complicated by the fact that man tends http://resources. to use these advances for evil ends. khouse.org/prod- ucts/dvd77/ The biggest limit we face is man’s inability to control himself. De- spite the Humanist’s mantra of things getting better in modern times, NOTES civilization keeps moving toward ever more violent societies, toward 1. For more on cyber- more terrible weapons of mass destruction and ways to crush the hu- security, see “The Future of Warfare” man spirit. Even with all the power he has harnessed, man is powerless in the July 2012 to control the forces of evil that besiege him. issue of Personal Update. Man has not only developed the power to destroy mankind, but he 2. Scythian, an inhab- has done so at a frightful cost. “Modern weapons can vaporize much of itant of Scythia or modern day Rus- the human environment, and seem likely to vaporize all of our money sia. (See Enhanced even if they are not used.”5 Strong ’s Lexicon #4658) Until the Prince of Peace returns, there will never and can never 3. Ezekiel 38:4, KJV. be universal peace. Man may dream of it all he wishes, but the Bible is 4. Jeremiah 50:9, KJV. 5. Ehrenfield, p. 237. very clear. Every effort to bring peace without Him, be it by weaponry or diplomacy, can never succeed, because all the efforts of men are hollow until they acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord.
32. 32 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER
33. 33 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER THE KINGDOM, POWER & GLORY “THE FAITHFUL AND Nancy Missler, Founder, KHW WISE SERVANTS” JESUS DESCRIBES BOTH A TRUE DISCIPLE AND A NOMINAL BELIEVER IN HIS STORY OR NARRATIVE ABOUT THE “FAITHFUL AND WISE SERVANTS” IN MAT- THEW 24:42-51. W hat is a true disciple of Christ? How does he differ from a nomi- nal or lukewarm Christian? Last month, we contrasted the BIO Nancy Missler characteristics of these two. Director/Founder A true disciple, we said, is one who not only has been “born of King’s High Way again,” but he’s also one who is living Christ’s life; i.e., living His Na n c y M i s s l e r h a s published four studies: Love. He has not only listened to sermons on Sunday and daily read The Way of Agape, Be the Word, he is actually obeying and doing what he hears and reads. Ye Transformed, Faith in the Night Seasons, He’s a “living example” of Christ. and her latest, The A “lukewarm” Christian, on the other hand, is one in whom the Kingdom, Power & Glory. In addition to “flesh” (his own thoughts, emotions and desires) are in control, not these popular studies she the Spirit of God. He sometimes listens to sermons and sometimes also has published six Plain and Simple Series read the Bible, but he doesn’t do what he hears or reads. He’s not a books, as well as two In His Likeness Series genuine example of Christ—his life does not reflect Christ. He often books. “says” one thing, but “does” another. Nancy has been married for over 50 years to Chuck Jesus describes both a true disciple and a nominal believer in His Missler. They are the story or narrative about the “faithful and wise servants” in Matthew parents of four grown children, one of whom has 24:42–51. And, He tells them why it’s so important to daily be a gone to be with the Lord, “true disciple of Christ,” to daily be prepared. and seven grandchildren. Parable of the Faithful and Wise Servants After ﬁnishing with the parable of the ﬁg tree, Jesus warns His disciples and His followers about the need to “be ready” at any moment for His return. Here’s what He says:
34. 34 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the good man of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered hisIn the same house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for inway, God such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hathentrusts us— made ruler over his household, to give them meat in dueHis own ser- season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when hevants—to not cometh shall ﬁnd so doing. Verily I say unto you, Thatonly feed His he shall make him ruler over all his goods. But and ifspiritual family that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayethand do His will, his coming; And shall begin to smite his fellowservants,but also to await and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him,His return... and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 24:42–51 There are many interpretations of this par- ticular story, so be like the Bereans and study to see what the Holy Spirit personally reveals to you. Who Was Jesus Talking To? First of all, who was Jesus addressing here? Again, He was addressing His own disciples, those who had just asked Him, “What are the signs of Your coming again?” (Matthew 24:3) He begins by tell- ing them some of the many signs
35. 35 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER and events that will occur. One of those signs (in verse 12) says that because “iniquity shall abound, the Love (Agape) of many will wax [grow] cold.” This is a very interesting verse because it validates that Christ is talking about His future body of believers; i.e., the church. Only believers (the church) have God’s Agape in their hearts and only they will experience it growing cold in the end times. Even the disciples listening did not have the indwelling Spirit of God at this time. What Jesus is talking about here all occurs in the future, after the Resurrection. Jesus, therefore, is not only addressing His disciples (those lis- ...Our reward tening at the time), but also His future church. “Watch therefore, for doing so will f o r y o u know not when your Lord will return” (Matthew be the privilege 24:42). The usage of the term “your Lord” of greater validates that He is talking to believers (His own “ser- service in His vants”). Why would an future kingdom. unbeliever even care about being faithful or waiting for his Lord’s return? They wouldn’t. At the time, the Jewish people and their Pharisaical leaders had hardened their hearts against Christ and His message (Matthew 23:1–39). Thus, Christ had turned His attention to His own present and future followers and was speaking directly to them in these parables so they could un- derstand, but those with hardened hearts would not (Matthew 13:11). The disciples listened with eager minds, the unbelievers with opposition. Romans 9 and 11 talk about a time com- ing when God will have no more mercy on His own people, but will turn His attention to “another nation,” meaning the church. (In the coming Millennium, however, His attention will, once
36. 36 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER again, be turned back towards His beloved people.) Comments About the Faithful and Wise Servants The faithful and wise servant in this story is equivalent to a true disciple of Christ. He places the desires of his lord above his own and, thus, is an obedient steward who provides for his “fam- ily.” He does what he is required to do at the time, but he also steadfastly awaits his lord’s return. Verse 47 says because of this, the lord (when he returns) will “make him ruler over all his goods.” In the same way, God entrusts us—His own servants—to not only feed His spiritual family and do His will, but also to await His return. Our reward BUY NOW for doing so will be the privilege of greater service in His future king-dom. The special pleasures, honors, and splendors, which are to accompany the return ofthe Lord from heaven and the setting up of His kingdom, are to be a reward for ﬁdelity andfaithful service in His absence. The unfaithful and disobedient servant, however, is the equivalent of a carnal and nom-inal Christian. The word evil in verse 48 is the Greek word kakos (Strong’s #2556), whichsimply means “someone who has been disqualified.” It means “a worthless or injurious per-son.” It means he lacks the qualities that he should possess. Simply put, he is “not worthy.” Thisservant thought his lord would delay his coming. And this, of course, affected how he livedhis life. He was lazy, untrustworthy, and cruel. He abused his position by being ill temperedand self-indulgent to those who worked with him. He thought he would never be calledinto account for these things because he secretly believed his lord would be slow to return. The term “cut asunder” (Strong’s #1371) metaphorically means “to be cut open so allcan see.” It means “to expose and scrutinize the thoughts and motives of a person’s heart.”It is simply an analogy of what will happen at the Judgment Seat of Christ, which involvesonly believers. Hebrews 4:12 talks about a sharp two-edged sword that will bring to lightnot only the motives of our hearts, but also to all the things of darkness that we have beeninvolved in.
37. 37 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER The term “a portion with the hypocrites” refers to a place with Christ, but just outside His Light and His company. It’s a place where all the other hypocrites dwell. Hypocrite here refers to believers who have lived a double life. The word hypocrite can be used of nonbe- lievers (Matthew 15:7–8; 23:13), but it also can be used of Christians who judge others while ignoring their own sin. In this Scripture, hypocrisy simply means “unfaithful” (apistion). It is referring to one who assumes the role of a servant, but doesn’t live like one. It is someone who says one thing, but lives something totally different. The Pharisees were a perfect example of hypocrites. They pretended that they were spiritual and holy, and yet in action they were insincere, pretentious, and self-righteous. Jesus called them on it many times. Woe unto you, scribes and pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but are within full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. Matthew 23:27 In this “portion with the hypocrites” there is going to be much “weeping and gnash- ing of teeth.” This occurs when carnal believers reflect remorsefully on their lives and all the missed opportunities. Scripture says they will remem- ber their past because God will just have reminded This should make all them of every detail at the Bema Seat Judgment. of us wake up and In his book Your Eternal Reward, Erwin Lutzer begin to take our walk said that “our tears will be those of regret and shame, tears of remorse for lives lived for ourselves rather than with the Lord very for Christ and others. Perhaps we would never cease seriously, because crying in heaven if God Himself did not eventually what we do in this come and “wipe the tears from our eyes” (Revelation lifetime does matter. It 21:4). does count! This should make all of us wake up and begin to take our walk with the Lord very seriously. Because what we do in this lifetime does matter. It does count! Someone is watching and He is taking detailed notes. This lifetime is the test- ing ground and the proving ground for the future responsibilities we will have in the coming kingdom.
38. 38 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDERThe Importance of Being Ready Jesus’ exhortation in the Matthew 24 example, “Be ye ready; for in such an hour as yethink not the Son of man will come” is critical for all of us to hear and to heed (Matthew24:44). This means that we all must be watchful, ready, and prepared for Christ’s returnat any moment. This means that we all must make ourselves equipped, ﬁt, and suitable to co-reign—to have levels of responsibility—with Christ.We need to be so This is the preparation and the readiness that Revela-prepared and so tion refers to, when it says:ready that whenHe taps us on the Let us be glad and rejoice and give honor to Him. Forshoulders and says, the marriage of the Lamb is come and His wife hath“Let’s go!” we won’t made herself ready. Revelation 19:7be surprised. Making ourselves “ready” means we must make ourselves equipped and qualified: 1) bystaying cleansed and sanctified; 2) by being partakers of Christ’s Life; 3) by being faithfulovercomers; and 4) by producing good works [“fruit” produced by the Holy Spirit throughus]. We must be so prepared and so ready that when He taps us on the shoulders and says,“Let’s go!” we won’t be surprised. Constancy and perseverance are key words in this process. “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your lord doeth come.” (Matthew 24:42)Luke validates the same thing: Watch ye, therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Luke 21:36 * * * To be continued next month: “Faith—the Means of God’s Power.” This article hasbeen excerpted, in part, from Chuck and Nan’s book The Kingdom, Power and Glory. Seethis and other King’s High Way products on page 46.
39. 39 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER NEWBRIEFING DVD $49.95 USD ea. AUDIOCD $49.95 USD ea. M4a Download $24.95 USD ea. RUNNING TIME: 6 HOURS WATCH IT! Learn more about this study with Dr. Chuck Missler in this special video excerpt. BUY NOW Are we currently living in the Last Days? Many people are becoming increasingly conscious that we are entering a unique phase of human his- tory. Some are terrified. Some are predicting cosmic doom on the near horizon. Others are making aston- ishing predictions. What does the Bible really say? Eschatology (the Study of “Last Things”) is among the most challenging avenues of study, even for the most sophisticated.
40. 40 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER ...with Chuck and Nancy Missler You’ve heard about it. Now it’s time to come and see what God is doing! The River Lodge, Koinonia Institute’s newly established “second base” in the South Pacific, will serve as our vantage point for a variety of experiences in “The Emerald Isle of the South Pacific.” We will explore its unique Maori heritage, sample the land of “The Lord of the Rings,” and visit its many geothermal wonders. In addition to day trips from our central location in the North Island, our schedule will include fireside chats with Chuck and Nancy Missler, as well as with experts on offshore investments, immigration and other challenges to our current strategic horizons. We will explore why New Zealand has been heralded as the “Switzerland of the South Pacific.” (This trip may qualify as tax deductible to serious investors: check with your tax counsel. There appear to be new challenges facing us all in 2013.) For more information, please email: email@example.com Presently scheduled for November 24 thru December 4 indicate your preference Tentative dates: Oct 4 – 14 or Nov 24 – Dec 4, 2012; (with optional add-ons)
41. 41 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER USA SPEAKING EVENTS Idaho California Bonners Ferry (Dan Stolebarger) San Diego (Dan Stolebarger) Sept 7 Sept 23 Friday Night Service 6:30 PM Sunday Service 9:30 AM Victory Connection Horizon South Bay 7142 2nd St. Bonners Ferry ID 619-216-9872 Sept 23 Sept 9 Sunday Service 6 PM Sunday Services 8:30 & 10:30 AM Calvary Chapel San Diego Mountain Springs Community Church www.calvarysandiego.com 208-267-7777 Coeur d’Alene (Chuck & Dan) Oct 26-27 2012 Strategic Perspectives Conference at the Coeur d’Alene Resort 800-546-8731 INTL SPEAKING/TOURS Israel New Zealand Various Cities (Chuck & Dan) Discover New Zealand 2012 Oct 31 - Nov 9 (Chuck & Nan) Issachar Tour to Israel. See ad on page Nov 24 - Dec 4 17 for details. See ad on page 40 for tour details Nov 9-14: Post-Tour Excursion (Dan) INTL +64 21 951 044 800-546-8731 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Various Cities (Dan Stolebarger) Philippines Feb 2 - 26 Leadership Conference (Chuck) Talmidim Excursion to Israel. Details to follow. Jan 24 - 27 800-546-8731 INTL +64 21 951 044 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
42. Briefing Packages by Chuck Missler BriEach briefing contains approximately two hours of audio or video Each brieNEWEST RELEASE! AUDCD/DVD DWNLDDeath of Discernment -- Matsen 19.95 9.95BASIC BIBLE STUDIES AUDCD/DVD DWNLDIsrael & The Church 19.95 9.95Angels Vol. 1: The Angelic Realm 19.95 9.95Angels Vol. 2: The Invisible War 19.95 9.95Footprints of the Messiah 19.95 9.95Eternal Security 19.95 9.95From Here to Eternity 19.95 9.95Heaven & Hell 19.95 9.95Inheritance & Rewards 19.95 9.95Jonah - The Reluctant Prophet 19.95 9.95Letters To Seven Churches 19.95 9.95Manifesto of our King 19.95 9.95Return of the Nephilim 19.95 9.95Romance of Redemption 19.95 9.95The Agony of Love 19.95 9.95The Christmas Story 19.95 9.95The Easter Story 19.95 9.95The Feasts of Israel 19.95 9.95The Flood of Noah 19.95 9.95The Origin of Evil 19.95 9.95The Prodigal Heirs 19.95 9.95The Rapture 19.95 9.95The Seventh Day 19.95 9.95The Sovereignty of Man 19.95 9.95The Spiritual Gifts 19.95 9.95The Trinity 19.95 9.95The Whole Counsel of God 19.95 9.95This Generation 19.95 9.95Thy Kingdom Come 19.95 9.95What Is Truth? 19.95 9.95 To view briefing package descriptions or order, click on the product title.
43. Briefing Packages by Chuck Missler Briefing Packages by Chuck Missler Bri BriEach briefing contains approximately two hours of audio or videoEach briefing contains approximately two hours of audio or video Each brie Each briePROPHETIC UPDATES AUDCD/DVD DWNLDA Legacy of Hate (Chuck & Avi) 19.95 9.95Antichrist: Alternate Ending 19.95 9.95Babylon: Alternate View 19.95 9.95Betrayal of the Chosen 19.95 9.95Daniel’s 70 Weeks 19.95 9.95Europa Rising 19.95 9.95Hosea, Can You See? 19.95 9.95Jihad: America’s New War 19.95 9.95Strategic Trends 2011 (2 DVD Set) 19.95 9.95Roots of War: Profiling MidEast 19.95 9.95The E.T. Scenario 19.95 9.95The Kingdom of Blood 19.95 9.95The Kings of the East 19.95 9.95The Magog Invasion: Alt. View 19.95 9.95The New World Order 19.95 9.95The Next Holocaust 19.95 9.95The Sword of Allah 19.95 9.95THE “BEYOND” SERIES AUDCD/DVD DWNLDBeyond Coincidence 19.95 9.95Beyond Newton 19.95 9.95Beyond Perception 19.95 9.95Beyond Time & Space 19.95 9.95GETTING STARTED SERIES AUDCD/DVD DWNLDA Walk Thru the Bible 19.95 9.95How to Study the Bible 19.95 9.95How We Got Our Bible 19.95 9.95The Grand Adventure 19.95 9.95 To view briefing package descriptions or order, click on the product title.
44. Briefing Packages by Chuck Missler BrEach briefing contains approximately two hours of audio or video Each brPERSONAL AUDCD/DVD DWNLDStorm Warning--Missler/McDonald 19.95 9.95Armor For the Age of Deceit 19.95 9.95Being Faithful in Faithless World 19.95 9.95Halloween: Invitation to Occult? 19.95 9.95Kabbalah 19.95 9.95Striking Back 19.95 9.95Thanksgiving 19.95 9.95The Architecture of Man 19.95 9.95The Da Vinci Deception 19.95 9.95The Once & Future Church 19.95 9.95The Vortex Strategy 19.95 9.95Twilight’s Last Gleaming? 19.95 9.95Weathering the Storm 19.95 9.95FOR TECHNICALLY INCLINED AUDCD/DVD DWNLDThe Hybrid Age: Missler/Horn 19.95 9.95Biotech: Update 19.95 9.95Digging Up the Truth 19.95 9.95DNA by Design -- Meyer 19.95Genesis and the Big Bang 19.95 9.95In the Beginning…was Information 19.95 9.95Monuments: Sacred or Profane? 19.95 9.95Seat of Mercy 19.95 9.95Signs in the Heavens 19.95 9.95Stretching the Heavens 19.95 9.95Technology & the Bible 19.95 9.95The Mysteries of Mars 19.95 9.95 To view briefing package descriptions or order, click on the product title.
45. 45 / UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2012 COVER CONTENTS ORDER Briefing Pack Collections Price The End Times Scenario: Audio CD Set -- 6 hrs 49.95 The End Times Scenario: DVD set -- 6 hrs 49.95 The Beyond Collection: Audio CD Set -- NEW! 8 hrs 49.95 The Beyond Collection: DVD set -- NEW! 8 hrs 49.95 The Beyond Collection: MP3 Download -- NEW! 8 hrs 34.95 The Five Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Audio CD Set -- 10+ hrs 49.95 The Five Horsemen of the Apocalypse: MP3 on CD-ROM -- 10+ hrs 39.95 Cosmic Codes: Audio CD Set -- 8+ hrs 49.95 Cosmic Codes: MP3 on CD-ROM -- 8+ hrs 29.95 Cosmic Codes: MP3 Download -- 8+ hrs 24.95 Getting Started Series Audio CD Set -- 8+ hrs 49.95 The “Creator” Series Audio CD Set -- 8+ hrs 49.95 The “Creator” Series: MP3 on CD-ROM -- 8+ hrs 29.95 Prophecy 101: MP3 on CD-ROM (4 hours) 19.95 Seasonal Favorites: MP3 on CD-ROM -- 10+ hrs 39.95 The Legacy - Israel in Prophecy: MP3 on CD-ROM -- 12+ hrs 39.95 Learn the Bible in 24 Hours: MP3 on CD-ROM -- 24 hrs 44.95 Books - See also King’s High Way Series Price Forbidden Gates -- Tom & Nina Horn NEW! 13.95 Sanctuary --Dr. David Jeremiah NEW! 18.95 The Pilgrim’s Progress-- John Bunyan NEW! 15.95 Spurgeon on Prayer -- Charles H. Spurgeon NEW! 15.95 The Holy Spirit -- R.A. Torrey NEW! 13.95 The Amazing Works of John Newton -- NEW! 14.95 The Kingdom, Power & Glory -- C. & N. Missler -- NEW! 16.95 Prophecy 20/20 -- C. Missler 13.99 Cosmic Codes -- C. Missler: Revised & Expanded! 19.95 Alien Encounters -- C. Missler & M. Eastman Revised & Expanded! 16.95 Learn the Bible in 24 Hours -- C. Missler 19.99 Hidden Treasures -- C. Missler 5.95 Foxe Voices of the Martyrs: Hardcover Book 19.95 To view briefing package descriptions or order, click on the product title.
46. OTHER AUTHORS AUDCD/DVD DWNLDRevealing Jesus--Stolebarger 19.95 9.95Islamic Uprising -- Avi Lipkin 19.95 9.95Broken America -- Coffman 19.95The Dead Sea Scrolls -- Flint 19.95Israel’s Bible Bloc (Avi Lipkin) 19.95 9.95Shiite/Sunni (Avi Lipkin) 19.95 9.95Sleeping in America (Avi Lipkin) 19.95 9.95The Case for Mecca (Avi Lipkin) 19.95 9.95The Coming Conflict (Avi Lipkin) 19.95The New Crusades (Avi Lipkin) 19.95 9.95Turkey: Turn Thee Back (Lipkin) 19.95 9.95Through Hebrew Eyes 19.95 9.95Prophecy 101 PriceProphecy 101: MP3 on CD-ROM (4 hours) 19.95Prophecy 101: Audio CD set (4 one-hour audio CDs) 29.95Prophecy 101: DVD set (2 DVDs - 4 hours) 29.95Other Studies PriceThe Isaiah 9:10 Judgment -- Jonathan Cahn (2 hr DVD set) 19.95The Privileged Planet -- 60-min. DVD 19.95Inside the Revolution -- J. Rosenberg 90-min. DVD 19.95Spiritual Disciplines -- by Dan Stolebarger (5 hrs) - 5 audio CDs 34.95The Late Great U.S.A (2 hrs) by Dr. Jerome Corsi -- DVD 19.95Learn the Bible in 24 Hours PriceLearn the Bible in 24 Hours: DVD set 89.95Learn the Bible in 24 Hours: Book 19.99Learn the Bible in 24 Hours: Audio CD set 89.95Learn the Bible in 24 Hours: MP3 on CD-ROM 44.95Learn the Bible in 24 Hours: MP3 Download 39.95Subscriptions & MembershipsPersonal UPDATEBriefing PackageKoinonia Institute To view briefing package descriptions or order, click on the product title.
47. Strategic Perspectives Conferences Price2011 IDAHO Full Conference DVD Set (9 sessions) -- NEW! 59.952011 IDAHO Full Conference AudioCD Set (9 sessions) -- NEW! 59.95ISRAEL: Issachar Tour DVD Set (6 sessions) 49.95The King’s High Way Series PriceThe Kingdom, Power & Glory Workbook 12.95The Kingdom, Power & Glory Leader’s Guide -- Notebook 19.95Re-Igniting the Passion -- DVD (4 hours) 34.95Reflections of His Image: God’s Purpose for Your Life -- Book 12.95Never Give Up! -- Book 6.95Tomorrow May Be Too Late -- Book 6.95The Key: How to Let Go and Let God -- Book 6.95The Choice: Hypocrisy or Real Christianity? -- Book 6.95Against the Tide: Getting Beyond Ourselves -- Book 5.95Why Should I Be The First to Change -- Book (Introductory) 6.95Private Worship: The Key to Joy -- Book 10.95The Way of Agape Leader’s Guide -- Notebook 19.95Be Ye Transformed Leader’s Guide -- Notebook 19.95Faith in the Night Seasons Leaders Guide -- Notebook 19.95King’s High Way Series BOOK DWNLD CDROM AUDCD DVDThe Kingdom, Power & Glory 16.95 19.95 34.95 59.95The Way of Agape 14.95 19.95 19.95 29.95 49.95Be Ye Transformed 14.95 19.95 19.95 29.95 49.95Faith in the Night Seasons 13.95 19.95 19.95 29.95 49.95To Walk in Love, Truth, Knowledge 15.95 19.95A More Excellent Way 7.95 10.95 14.95 To view briefing package descriptions or order, click on the product title.
48. Commentaries (plus notes) DWNLD CDROM AUDCD DVDGenesis (24 sessions) 39.95 44.95 89.95 89.95Exodus (16 sessions) 34.95 39.95Leviticus (16 sessions) 34.95 39.95Numbers (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95 44.95 44.95Deuteronomy (16 sessions) 34.95 39.95Joshua/12 Tribes (16 sessions) 34.95 39.95Judges (16 sessions) 34.95 39.95Ruth & Esther (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95 44.95 44.95I & II Samuel (16 sessions) 34.95 39.95I & II Kings (16 sessions) 34.95 39.95I & II Chronicles (16 sessions) 34.95 39.95 69.95 69.95Ezra & Nehemiah (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95Job (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95Psalms (24 sessions) 39.95 44.95 89.95 89.95Proverbs (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95 44.95 44.95Ecclesiastes (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95Song of Songs (5 sessions) -- NEW! 24.95 29.95 44.95 44.95Isaiah (24 sessions) 39.95 44.95Jeremiah/Lamentations (24 sessions) 39.95 44.95Ezekiel (24 sessions) 39.95 44.95 89.95 89.95Daniel (16 sessions) 34.95 39.95 69.95 69.95Prophets to the N. Kingdom (13 sess.) 29.95 34.95 59.95 59.95Prophets to the Gentiles (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95 44.95 44.95Prophets to the S. Kingdom (13 sess.) 29.95 34.95 59.95 59.95Prophets to the Post-Exile (22 sess.) 39.95 44.95 To view briefing package descriptions or order, click on the product title.
49. Commentaries (plus notes) DWNLD CDROM AUDCD DVDMatthew (24 sessions) 39.95 44.95 89.95 89.95Mark (16 sessions) 34.95 39.95 69.95 69.95Luke (24 sessions) 39.95 44.95 89.95 89.95John (24 sessions) 39.95 44.95Acts (16 sessions) 34.95 39.95 69.95 69.95Romans (24 sessions) 39.95 44.95 89.95 89.95I & II Corinthians (24 sessions) 39.95 44.95Galatians (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95 44.95 44.95Ephesians (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95 44.95 44.95Philippians (6 sessions) 24.95 29.95 44.95 44.95Colossians (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95 44.95 44.95I & II Thessalonians (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95 44.95 44.95I & II Timothy/Titus/Philemon (8 sess) 24.95 29.95 44.95 44.95Hebrews (16 sessions) 34.95 39.95 69.95 69.95James (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95 44.95I & II Peter (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95 44.95 44.95I, II, & III John (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95 44.95 44.95Jude (8 sessions) 24.95 29.95 44.95Revelation (24 sessions) 39.95 44.95 89.95 89.95Entire Old Testament on MP3 CD-ROM 499.00Entire New Testament on MP3 CD-ROM 399.00Minor Prophets Set on MP3 CD-ROM 99.95 To view briefing package descriptions or order, click on the product title.
50. Small Group Study Packs (1 DVD set + 6 Wkbks) PriceAdditional Workbooks of ________ if buying Sm Grp Pack 9.95Prophecy 101 Small Group Pack (1 DVD + 6 Wkbks) 84.95Learn the Bible/24 Hours Sm. Grp. Pack (1 DVD + 6 Wkbks) 139.95Genesis Commentary Small Group Pack (1 DVD + 6 Wkbks) 139.95Numbers Commentary Sm. Grp. Pack (1 DVD + 6 Wkbks) 94.95Proverbs Commentary Sm. Grp. Pack (1 DVD + 6 Wkbks) 94.95Daniel Commentary Small Group Pack (1 DVD + 6 Wkbks) 119.95Prophets N. Kingdom Sm. Grp. Pack (1 DVD + 6 Wkbks) 109.95Prophets S. Kingdom Sm. Grp. Pack (1 DVD + 6 Wkbks) 109.95Prophets to the Gentiles Sm. Grp. Pack (1 DVD + 6 Wkbks) 94.95Matthew Commentary Sm. Grp. Pack (1 DVD + 6 Wkbks) 139.95Luke Commentary Sm. Grp. Pack (1 DVD + 6 Wkbks) 139.95Acts Commentary Small Group Pack (1 DVD + 6 Wkbks) 119.95Revelation Commentary Sm. Grp. Pack (1 DVD + 6 Wkbks) 139.95Comprehensive Study Workbooks PRINT DWNLDLearn the Bible in 24 Hours 14.95 7.95Genesis Commentary 14.95 7.95Numbers Commentary 14.95 7.95Proverbs Commentary 14.95 7.95Daniel Commentary 14.95 7.95Prophets to the N. Kingdom 14.95 7.95Prophets to the S. Kingdom 14.95 7.95Prophets to the Gentiles 14.95 7.95Matthew Commentary 14.95 7.95Luke Commentary 14.95 7.95Acts Commentary 14.95 7.95Revelation Commentary 14.95 7.95Cosmic Codes 14.95 7.95Hermeneutics 101 14.95 7.95Prophecy 101 14.95 7.95 To view briefing package descriptions or order, click on the product title.