On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Consumer behavior online has changed
•Generation S: users of blogs, social
networking and start pages
•581M users* (67% of Internet users)
Worldwide were on Social Networks in June
(up 25% from last June).
•The average US Social Network visitor spent
231 minutes/month on social networks in
They want to customize, personalize and
socialize their Internet time.
Widgets Spread Buzz Across the Social Web
82% of the total U.S. Internet audience view a Web widget in June.
- comScore, 6/08
Post from NFL to Facebook
Case Study – Introduction
• Widget inserted into the
media campaign for a movie
• Promoted through:
• Studio movie site,
movie’s MySpace &
• Clearspring’s Widget
• Online media plan as a
• Contest to incentivize grabs
• Countdown clock to movie
• Exclusive movie content.
•Audience Extension of
•Myyearbook.com was the
largest driver of Widget
Views, contributing 83% of
the total Widget Views
through two promotional
• The widget had a strong
off-domain presence, with
98.18% of the non-
Views still coming from off-
Audience As a measure of additional brand/product exposure beyond your website,
Extension this captures the boost in views due to widget syndication (“widgetization”)
• Viral Lift of 838%
• Corresponds to 89.33% of
the installs coming from off-
• MyYearbook.com was the
largest source of grabs after
the One Click
• Accounted for 75% of all
grabs; 47% of the total for
the widget) came in three
days during the
As a measure of viral expansion, this captures the boost in spreading of widgets from off-domain
sources such as personal pages and blogs
Daily Install Utilization
• Represents the average number of available daily installs that are active in a
• This widget has had a successful One Click implementation which drove down
the average age.
Daily Install Utilization Velocity Ratio
• This “velocity” represents the ratio between the weekly and cumulative utilizations at a specific time.
• The dying widget has the lowest velocity, as its installs are not being viewed as time passes.
• The sports widget gets a boost as its season begins and renews interest in the content.
• The earlier campaign with the One Click got a great boost as new placements were being added and