• Thou shalt get 20 questions, 4 starred/Bonus.
• Thou shalt note that starred questions have a bonus question. In
case of tie, one shall consider the bonus answers.
• Any complaints/law suits regarding connection to India must be
directed towards Sergey and Larry.
• Thou shalt not succumb to the use of mobile phones.
• Thou shalt be bound by the quizmaster‟s verdict.
1. „DOODLE‟ INDIA
G-Doodle for what particular occasion and when?
Connect these countries to India in a very
COUNTRIES WHO SHARE
INDEPENDENCE DAY WITH INDIA
• He was a Train Ticket Examiner (TTE) at
Kharagpur railway station from 2001 to
2003,under South Eastern Railway in
Midnapore (W), a district in West Bengal.
• Later X joined as Vice-President of India
Cements Ltd after resigning from Air India.
• However he is on a medical leave now.
It has been used by Indians since time immemorial. It is found
to contain lead tetra oxide and is derived from cinnabar an
ore of mercury.
The uniqueness of this item is attributed to its very generic
usage among the Indian household as a symbol of Prosperity.
Which thing of great cultural/traditional significance is being
• X is an evil scientist. His earlier intention was not that of becoming evil,
but when he was denied scholarship for research, Y provided him with
funds and labs, thus making him a supporter of him & an evil scientist.
• Though he is overall a brilliant scientist, his specialization is cloning and
various energy rays. His creations include a clone formed by fusing
cells of Crab & human, followed by a clone using leech, Plastica,
Super-heroine Sunanda and others. He also invented a height control
solution and EC- rays.
• ID X and Y
8. „BHUKHA‟ INDIA
• During the Mughal period it occupied a unique
place in the emblem of the royalty of Oudh. This was
usually used like a cloth to wipe off the excess oil off
the hands after the completion of an oil rich food
laden with meat and fat. In short it served as a
substitute for a „Handkerchief‟ .
• What am I talking about?
9. „ALGORITHMIC‟ INDIA
• There is a history about an Indian temple in Kashi Vishwanath
which contains a large room with three time-worn posts in it
surrounded by 64 golden disks. Brahmin priests, acting out the
command of an ancient prophecy, have been moving these
disks, in accordance with the immutable rules of the Brahma,
since that time. The puzzle is therefore also known as the Pillar of
• According to the legend, when the last move of the puzzle will
be completed, the world will end.
• If the legend were true, and if the priests were able to move disks
at a rate of one per second, using the smallest number of
moves, it would take them 264−1 seconds or roughly 585 billion
years or 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 turns to finish, or about 127
times the current age of the sun.
• How do we better know the puzzle as??
10. „PYARA‟ INDIA
• This song has an unusual history to it:
• it cost 10lakh bucks to make, at a time when most movies
were made at a lesser cost.
• It was written and re-written 105 times until the music
• It was shot at the Sheesh Mahal, and in those days there
was no way to provide reverberation of sound.
• Lata Mangeshkar had to sing the song in the studio
• This song was one of the three sequences to be shot in
Technicolor while the rest of the movie was in Black & white.
• What is the Song and Movie?
12. „NOBLE‟ INDIA
• This genre X of Indian music is derived
almost exclusively from a collection called
Y (garden of songs) which consists of four
major parts Puja(worship), Prem(love),
Prakriti(Nature) and Bichitra(Diverse) and
• Name this genre of Indian Music,X.
There is a Punjabi folklore, about the Pandavas, which depicted the way in
which the Pandavas shared their time with Draupadi. According to the
folktale the Pandav brothers were expected to leave their footwear outside
Draupadi‟s bedchamber to indicate their presence inside.
If anyone was to enter the Chamber during that time, he would have to spend
an Exile of 12 years. Arjun had once Entered the chambers to retrieve his bow
and arrow when a Brahmin requested him to help him find his cow.
Due to this Arjun had to spend 12 years of exile, during which he toured
Manipur and married Chitrangada.
However, the reason Arjun dared to enter the Chambers was because he
didn't see Yudhishtira footwear because a dog had stolen it. A furious
Draupadi cursed the dog which was responsible for her favorite husband's
exile. What was the curse?
• In botanical terms, ____________ is known as Adansonia digitata and has
been kept in a special category, because it does not produce either its fruit
or its seeds, neither can its branch cuttings can be planted to reproduce a
• This is a unisex male tree, that there is no such tree anywhere else to be
found in the world.
• The leaves of this tree in the lower portion has five tips like the fingers of a
hand, while at the upper reaches it has seven.
• Its flower is very beautiful and white in colour, on drying out it takes on
golden tinge. This flower has five petals. This tree blossoms very occasionally,
with very few flower, but when it does, spreads its fragrance far and wide.
• The age of this tree is said to be 1000 to 5000 years. The perimeter of the
trunk of this tree is around 50 feet and height of around 45 feet
What is it?
• In September 1997, USA company RiceTec was granted U.S. Patent on
• The patent secures lines of X and X-like rice and ways of analyzing that
• RiceTec, owned by Prince Hans-Adam of Liechtenstein, faced
international outrage over allegations of bio piracy.
• It had also caused a brief diplomatic crisis between India and United
States with India threatening to take the matter to WTO as a violation
of TRIPS which could have resulted in a major embarrassment for the
• Inevitably RiceTec lost or withdrew most of the claims of the patent,
including, most importantly, the right to call their rice lines "X.“
• ID X.
18. „QUIRKY‟ INDIA
The gap between the value of both the $
and €, compared to the Rupee is
widening. According to an urban legend,
for what particular reason are $ and €
taking revenge on the Rupee? The reason
is the same for both $ and €'s assault on
19. „FEMINIST‟ INDIA
• The band made their first public appearance on December 10, 2012 when they
won the „Battle of Bands‟ in Srinagar.
• Shortly after their win, the group began to receive death and rape threats via
their cell phones and Facebook profiles.
• On February 3, 2013 he issued a fatwa against the group, stating that music was
"not good for society" and that all of the "bad things happening in the Indian
society are because of music".
• The band has received a large amount of global online support. The group
initially received expressions of support and offers of security for the band from
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah via Twitter, but he later deleted his tweets.
• Which Band???
Giving in to the threats, the band members moved to _________ city from Kashmir
to continue their musical journey and later split up.