From : 1960, Cairo , Egypt
Type : industrial /interior
Mother : english
Raise : Canada
Lives : New York
Manage : private studio
4. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
• sketching churces in England
'He taught me to see - he taught me perspective and that I could design anything and touch all
aspects of our physical landscape’
• bachelor of industrial design in 1982
from carleton university in ottawa, canada.
• graduate design studies in naples, italy
• one year at the rodolfo bonetto studio
• 1993 : products for companies such as nambé, issey miyake,
pure design, fasem, guzzini, tommy hilfiger, sony, zanotta, citibank, and others.
• For seven years he is at KAN Industrial Design
• co-designs the Babel Fashion Collection for 6 years.
• Guest lecturer at universities and conferences disseminating the importance of
design in everyday life
• He holds Honorary Doctorates from the OCAD, Toronto and Corcoran College of Art
& Design, Washington.
• has been featured in magazines and books including Time, Vogue, Esquire, GQ, and
• His works are in the permanent collections of 14 Museums
• more than 3000 designs in production ranging from furniture and accessories to store designs and
• Over 300 awards
Red dot design award,
IF Packaging design Awards
Interior Design Best of the Year Awards
IDSA Industrial Design Excellence Award Finalist
• Latest monograph( sketch featured 300 hand and digital drawing for 25 years)
• Has written books : Karimspace, Design yourself, Digipop, I Want To Change The World
LED for efficiency and low energy
radiant floors are powered by solar
Eko bench”: collects rain water used
11. BETA SHOES MUSEUM, TORONTO
1800s to today with 40 foot from 4 top Nike designers
• Morimoto restaurant , Philadelphia
13. SEMIRAMIS HOTEL, ATHENS
14. NHOW HOTEL , BERLIN
15. University of Naples metro station
16. AGATHA RUIZ DE LA PRADA BOUTIQUE, NEW YORK
17. OAZA ZDRAVLJA PHARMACY , SERBIA
18. SAYS KARIM……….
• You concentrate on the object but there should be a sense of humanity too. Something
soft that touches you and makes you feel at ease.
• there is no boundaries to what you can create. We can’t wait to see what
he comes up with next!