1. Human Resource ManagementUniversity of KhartoumDevelopmental Studies and Research InstituteJune 2013
2. training1- Training concept - theimportance of training - thetypes, methods and means oftraining2- Training Programmes:Steps, Assessment,Identification and Analysis3- Evaluation of thetraining programs
3. The main objectiveExplains the role of training in raising the efficiency ofthe performance of employees in the organization. The secondary objectiveClarification of the best modern available trainingmethods and types and their importance for the sake ofincreasing of production and productivity. The main objectiveExplains the role of training in raising the efficiency ofthe performance of employees in the organization. The secondary objectiveClarification of the best modern available trainingmethods and types and their importance for the sake ofincreasing of production and productivity.
4. Training aims to Improving onescapability, capacity andperformance andAn attempt to improvecurrent or future employeeperformance
5. Training is activity of teaching employeesparticular skill, type of behavior or specificallyhow to do a particular job more effectively andefficiently. Training is planned process that modifiesattitude, knowledge, skills and behaviorthrough learning experiences to achieveeffective performance in activity or range ofactivities.
6. McNamara (2001) lists the following as general benefitsfrom employee training: increased job satisfaction and morale increased motivation increased efficiencies in processes, resulting in financialgain increased capacity to adopt new technologies andmethods increased innovation in strategies and products reduced employee turnover
7. Job trainingIn-Person TrainingRefresher TrainingSafety Training
8. Promotional training Training of existing employees to enable them to performhigher level jobs. Employees with potential are selected and given trainingbefore their promotion.Cross-functional Job rotation Exchange personnel for a certain period.
9. Skills trainingDiversity trainingTeam trainingInformal Training
12. Case studyJob rotationField tripGroup discussion
13. Preparing the informationCreating the classDesign your presentationTrail Runs
14. Structure of Training NeedsPhase (1) Definition and buy- InPhase (2) Design and methodsPhase (3) Analysis presentation of results Steps in training processNeeds assessment diagnosis present problems and futurechallenges to be met through training and development?How are training needs assessed?
15. System to Identify the Training NeedsSuggestions for improvementData GatheringModule DesignDefining the deliverablesTraining Need ValidationTraining Need PrioritizationTraining Need Prioritization DiagramHigh ImpactHigh CostNoPriority 2Priority 1Priority 3
16. A Training Needs Analysis should ideally be taken at threelevels: Organisational Team Individual
17. You can use a number of methods to carry out a Training NeedsAnalysis including: Annual appraisals Regular progress meetings Online questionnaires Interviews Focus groups supported by an external facilitator
18. Steps in training process.Training techniques.D.L Kirpatricks Model on evaluation of training programTraining cycle based on human resources development plan
23. Anonymous (Nov/Dec 1998), Top tips for finding and keeping good people, Nonprofit World,16, 53Dowling, Ellen (n.d), Types of HR Training, Retrieved on July 2013 from:http://www.ehow.com/facts_5208069_types-hr-training.htmlJoshi, Manmohan, (2013), Human Resource Management, Venus Publishing ApSJudith Brown (2000), Training Needs Assessment : A Must for Developing an EffectiveTraining ProgramMcClelland, Susan D. (2000). Training Needs Assessment for the United Way of Dunn CountyWisconsin; A Research Paper Master of Science Degree in Training and Development . TheGraduate School University of Wisconsin-Stout.McNamara, C. (2001) Employee Training and Development: Reasons and Benefits, Retrievedon April 2001 from: http://www.mapnp.org/library/trng_dev/basics/reasons.htmRosner, R. (May 1999). Training is the Answer … but what was the question? Workforce, 78,42-50.Saez, Alex (n.d.), Types of HR Training, Retrieved July 2013 from:http://yourbusiness.azcentral.com/types-hr-training-4844.htmlS.K.Bhatia. (2005) Training and Development – Concepts and Practices, Deep & DeepPublications Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.Training and Development (n.d.), Methods of Training, Retrieved on July 2013 from:http://traininganddevelopment.naukrihub.com/methods-of-training/www.Opm.gov/wiki/training- transfer /history, aspxXlipm.in/articles/training- need- identification –ideal-method-vs-reality.html