When starting to design my mast head I decided I wanted ‘The’ to be smaller than ‘Bromley’ and ‘Bromley’ to be smaller than ‘Noise’, I also wanted the background to be blue. I made the letters black as I thought they stood out. When developing my ideas, I decided that the words needed to be thicker, and that I should put ‘The’ on its side, I also made it capital letters to see if it looked right, however I decided I didn’t like it with capital letters, I also thought this design looked a bit boring and bland.When creating my final design, I made‘The’ in small case letters except forthe ‘T’, I also made the ‘Noise’ in redto stand out, and I made thebackground two different colour blues,to make it more interesting, I thought Icould merge the two blues together, sothere is not such an obvious changebetween the two colours.
After drawing my designs, I then went on to photoshop and began to create my masthead. I first put the words in ‘The’ and ‘Bromley and found a font I liked, after searchingthrough a few I came across ‘book antiqua’, I liked it because it stood out and was moremodern than some other fonts. I then put the word ‘Noise’ in and made it bigger, andred, I made it the same font though, because I thought it would not look right otherwise. Ithen made the background I used to two different blue colours and tried to merge themtogether so from the bottom left corner to the top right corner it goes from light blue todark blue. I like my mast head, as I think its quite bold and stands out, however I think itmay be slightly too big. However I will see when I put it on my newspaper.