2. Many people are suggesting that google is currently updating the page rank of each site, this is what can beseen on the google toolbar and is basically a rating out often for each website. From reading some of the messages on the search engine forums, different people are reporting changes where as other people as of yet have seen no changes. It is reported that by the middle of July in 2006 this update should be visible on all data-centers, however with google you never can tell as they seem to like to keep people guessing.
3. In reality many people think that this will have little effecton the over all search engine ranking position of each site as they believe that google has already factored thesechanges on a daily or weekly basis in its search results, but that it only shows the new page rank of each site on its toolbar around every three months.
4. So what is all of the fuss about you may be thinking. Why are so many people always so eager for the next googlepage rank update to take place? In my opinion it could be for two reasons:
5. Fear of seeing a lower overall page rank
6. Not all webmasters are able to spend as much time asthey would like to, in promoting their own website. Having a good page rank is like having their site recognised as agood and worthy site and they fear that if they were to be lowered that this could have a negative affect on their sales etc. They may think that people may be tempted tobuy their products if their site is classed as a page rank six, however that they may think twice if it was only a page rank four.
7. Expectation of a higher page rank
8. Other webmasters who put in a lot of work promotingtheir site are hoping and even expecting to see an increase in page rank for their site. If they achieve this, all of their hard work will have been worthwhile and it will act as an inspiration for them to continue promoting their sites in the same way. If they see no changes or even worse a lowering of page rank, it will show them that they mayneed to change the way that they are promoting their site.
9. Is page rank important?
10. I have read many articles and read many messages on different search engine forums which suggest that their is too much emphasis placed on the importance of pagerank. In a way I agree but I do however think that having ahigh page rank is of benefit. Page rank is not the be all and end all, and people should not become too angry if theyare not able to for example obtain a page rank five straight away. I believe hard work pays off and that a website should be seen as a long term project. If you stick by the rules, there is no reason why within a few years your site should not be rewarded with a respectable page rank value. I think that too many people who bring out new sites are trying to get rich quick, obtain far too many backward links too quickly and see the whole thing as a sprint rather than a marathon.
11. Like most people, I am hoping to see some positive resultsfrom this page rank update, however I aim to stick around to see another one hundred updates, therefore I will not be shedding any tears if a couple of my sites go down a grade or two.
12. Please visit:http://internethomebusinessformula.info/form.php?id=4 5696 for more info