5. Media Representation – Shrek (Mike Meyers)<br /><ul><li>He is not a stereotypical hero – appearance
6. treated differently (except by donkey)
7. Looks like big monster</li></li></ul><li>Donkey (Eddie Murphy)<br />Talks<br />Shrek’s annoying and loyal friend.<br />Represented as a stereotypical best friend, who always supports Shrek.<br />He brings the comedy and laughter to the film.<br />
10. When Shrek gets captured by Charming- she attempts to rescue him.
11. Her strength – shows females equal to men</li></li></ul><li>Music and Sound<br />Parallel music used in certain scenes – creates a more dramatic effect.<br />Has its own soundtrack.<br />http://blogcritics.org/music/article/music-review-various-artists-shrek-the/<br />Blog critics have an article on Shrek the thirds soundtrack and how it was the most selling compared to the other Shrek films <br />
12. Promoting : Toys<br />Shrek 2 merchandise are estimated to total almost $800 million just in the UK. <br />
13. Promoting: Video Games<br />Shrek The Third is a video game based on the 2007 DreamWorks Animation film of the same name. The game was released on May 14, 2007 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, Wii, PC, Nintendo DS, and Game Boy Advance. A PSP version was released in June<br />sales of $1.48 billion<br />
18. good vs evil.</li></li></ul><li>Narrative themes<br /><ul><li>Out casting (Shrek).
19. Parenthood (Shrek and Fiona).
23. Revenge (Charming).</li></li></ul><li>Horizontal Integration<br />Merger of firms at the same stage of production in the same or different industries. When the products of both firms are similar, it is a merger of competitors. <br />In this case, Shrek the third is under Horizontal integration as it is distributed by DreamWorks who merged with paramount in 2005. <br />
24. Dream Works<br />In December of 2005, DreamWorks was purchased by Paramount Studios for $1.6 billion<br />Ending DreamWorks' 11-year run as an independent studio. <br />DreamWorks was never able to produce enough films to cover the cost of being their own distributors.<br />The move allowed Paramount to increase the num of films released each year.<br />Spielberg stayed on as a director & Geffen as chairman. <br />The two agreed to produce up to six movies this year.<br />In addition, Paramount has the right to distribute DreamWorks future animated features. <br />