NASSCOM 10,000 STARTUPS
• To massively scale up the Indian Startup Ecosystem, the
National Association of Software and Services Companies
(NASSCOM) flagged off the 10,000 Startups program.
• The aim is to create of 10,000 tech Start-ups in India by 2023.
• OUR AIM
• To transform NASSCOM from being perceived only as a group of
big corporate to an organization that is also for young
FROG WALKS OUT
• WHO WE ARE
• A digital creative agency specializing in web development, digital
engagement and mobile applications.
• Founded in 2011 by Kapil Dhawan and Arnab Chatterjee
• OUR MANDATE
• Social media planning, design and execution for ‘NASSCOM for
• We help NASSCOM connect with the startup entrepreneurs in an
engaging, relevant and often in an interesting way.
OUR STRATEGY- CAMPAIGN 1
• 60 DAYS BEFORE THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH
• Two months before the official launch of 10,000 Start-ups, we
created the official Facebook page.
• To resonate with entrepreneurs we used ‘The Dissuaders’- a
quirky comic strip that presents real life situations, faced by
start-up entrepreneurs daily.
• Results: For ‘NASSCOM 10,000 startups’ we had a fan following
of over 20 thousand before launch .
OUR STRATEGY- CAMPAIGN 2
• 14 DAYS BEFORE THE LAUNCH
• Two weeks before the actual launch we started an online
• Through the NASSCOM website, we invited Entrepreneurs to ask
question from Google CEO Eric Schmidt.
• Results: Over 200 entrepreneurs posted their questions online.
We qualified four best entries and they were invited to the
launch event to ask their questions.
AND WE KEPT THE TRACTION ALIVE!
• 37 UNIQUE CONTENT CATEGORIES
• To keep this traction alive, we created a cool social media
• In all, there are almost 37 different highly creative Content
Categories all designed to generate maximum engagement.
• It is thus, one of the most intensive Social media connect
programs driven by NASSCOM.
TOP CONTENT CATEGORIES- START CUPS
• We wanted to share inspiring quotes with our audience.
• The creative route was Start Cups
• We share one start cup every Monday
• Results: Start Cups has a reach of over 10 thousand
entrepreneurs and we have received over 200 requests to make
them available offline.
TOP CONTENT CATEGORIES- SUCCESS SECRETS
• Quotes often inspire and are intended to create positive thoughts
in our minds.
• We thought of sharing quotes from living legends.
• The creative route was Success Secret!
• RESULTS: Success Secrets is one of the most shared social
Media series. Every post spans its reach to over 10 thousand
• We wanted to help in building skills.
• We believe, there is immense importance of learning from the
wisdom and mistakes of others.
• Diverse wisdom and repurposed articles has been incorporated
in nugget sized presentations on Slideshare.
• The presentations cover an array of topics that includes tips for
running a small business and raising funds.
• Results: Presentations have been viewed as many as 25
thousand times. This has also helped in reaching to a more
TOP CONTENT CATEGORIES- SLIDE SHARE PRESENTATIONS
• We wanted to give quick tips to an entrepreneur on skills they
• We compiled information in form of a comic strip and Data Art
• Data Art covers topics ranging from tips on public speaking to
common mistakes by an entrepreneur as well as improving
productivity of a team.
• RESULTS: Every Data Art has reached over 500 entrepreneurs
and is shared over 40 times.
TOP CONTENT CATEGORIES- DATA ART
• There are many myths about startups that we hear regularly!
• We thought of starting a series called Jobs Vs Startups and This
is STARRRT- UP to help bust these myths and share a laugh!
• The tool… a trendy and often quirky comic strip!
• Results: Every post crosses a reach of more than 5 thousand
TOP CONTENT CATEGORIES- JOBS VS STARTUPS
IS DIFFERENT FROM JOBS…
REWARDS OF BEING AN ENTREPRENUER
• We understand that every entrepreneur has a social life too.
• So, we identified their most common social issues and gave
them quirky twist.
• Letters are the creative solution.
• Results: These letters have been shared over 100 times.
TOP CONTENT CATEGORIES- LETTERS
WHAT WE MANAGED TO DELIVER FOR NASSCOM
• We created a space for start-ups & entrepreneurs where
interesting conversations are shared and encouraged.
• Social media is the center of communication for NASSCOM for
• NASSCOM succeeded in doing over 250 offline engagements,
with over 18,000 young entrepreneurs in over 15 cities.
• In this period, we have also gained a fan following of over 65