1. Social Media is for Lovers, SEO is for Suckers: Stop Guessing, Start Nailing Your Social Strategy Presented by Kristen Sussman President & Founder, Social Distillery @KrisSuss Social. Strategy. Delivered.
2. Agendaü What’s New in Social ü Social Strategy & Tac6cal Implementa6on ü 6 Requirements for Achieving Social Success ü Measurement & Ongoing Analysis ü Tools to help you get there ü Where it’s all Going Social. Strategy. Delivered.
3. What’s new in the World of Social Media? Social. Strategy. Delivered.
4. Pinterest Launches March 2010 Social. Strategy. Delivered.
5. Timeline Introduced September 2011 Social. Strategy. Delivered.
6. Facebook Acquires Instagram April 2012 Social. Strategy. Delivered.
7. Social Business NewsSocial. Strategy. Delivered.
8. Social Media & the FBI“…to enhance its techniques for collecting and sharing ‘open source’ actionable intelligence” Social. Strategy. Delivered.
9. From Theory to Practice: Let’s Talk Strategy & Tactics Social. Strategy. Delivered.
10. 7 Business Objectives of Social Media1. Brand Awareness 2. Inbound Marke6ng 3. Community Building 4. Sales 5. Reputa6on/Crisis Management 6. Customer Service 7. Market Research Social. Strategy. Delivered.
12. Strategy: Content Marketing Sharing industry knowledge to build inﬂuenceü Build inﬂuence ü Build community ü Increase brand reach ü Drive traﬃc ü Proac6vely ac6vate engagement Social. Strategy. Delivered.
13. Strategy: Corporate Communications Activate social presence to maximize reachü Addi6onal voice ü Brand posi6oning ü Increase brand reach ü Public rela6ons ü Increase visibility Social. Strategy. Delivered.
14. Insights from the ﬁeld:6 Requirements for Social Success Social. Strategy. Delivered.
15. #1: Create a Plan • An editorial calendar ensures appropriate publishing cadence • A shared calendar enables consistent messaging, with more impacYul promo6ons Social. Strategy. Delivered.
16. #2: Reach & Relevancy • Create content that resonates with your community • Know your community & who/what is relevant to them • Use proac6ve & reac6ve engagement to increase reach Social. Strategy. Delivered.
17. #3: Creative Storytelling• Use crea6vity to tell your company or product story • Maximize your marke6ng impact through various online touch points • Enable extended impact by repurposing useful content collected during the campaign Social. Strategy. Delivered.
18. #4: Tactical Implementation • Once you’ve created great content, share & repurpose it in as many relevant loca6ons as possible • Keep social channels consistent with companywide communica6ons & overall business objec6ves Social. Strategy. Delivered.
19. #5: Embrace ChangePinterest is now the Pinterest drives3RD MOST POPULAR MORE REFERRAL social network TRAFFIC In the U.S. behind than Google+, Facebook and LinkedIn and Twitter. YouTube combined. Social. Strategy. Delivered.
20. #6: Learned Insights• Use collected data to enable new insights • Turn insights into useful content Social. Strategy. Delivered.
22. Key to Success Plan Implement Measure Execute mul6-‐week Click to convert, unify Example: Iden6fy three impressions, reach, top campaign with scheduled markets to target, iden6fy inﬂuencers, click-‐thru, 6me content dra_, approved and inﬂuencers, outline a of day and message published at op6mal publishing cadence and eﬀec6veness, response, engagement 6mes across 3 editorial calendar, determine sen6ment to message, 6me social channels, using three how to measure on site, abandonment on voices lead form Social. Strategy. Delivered.
23. Key Performance Indicators #1 Engagement: Click, share, retweet, men6on, comment, like #2 Reach: Number of impressions & poten6al reach of your message #3 Ac2vity: Number of pieces of content published Social. Strategy. Delivered.
24. Measurement & Communication Tools & technologies to help Paid: • Spredfast • Jive So_ware – free 30 day trial Free: • Google Analy6cs: referral traﬃc • Hootsuite: clicks • Crowdbooster: visual informa6on Social. Strategy. Delivered.
25. Where is it Going?Social. Strategy. Delivered.