An internet of people, not pages…
Brands PUSH to consumers
Consumers SEEK OUT trusted sources
• 6 years harnessing the power of social influencers for brands
• Launched over 200 successful influencer/advocate programs
• Developed software platform to scale and measure programs
• Lots of experience with liquids (soda, wine, spirits, even smoothies)
• Current customers include Dole Foods, Target, The Better Chip
1. Social WOM is like WOM. It Works.
trust recommendations from people they
know over all other forms of advertisement
of consumers are more likely to buy a product
when they hear about it from someone they trust
Source: Nielsen Research
2. They’re all the same.
3. Advocates are way more powerful than fans.
Unique content creations
Annual results per 1K advocates
4. It’s now easy to identify your influencers/advocates.
• Consumer email databases
• Employee email database
• Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and
• Blogger databases
5. Advocates will “work” for your brand.
Read, watch and
Push content into
their social feeds
Develop original content that
authentically reflects their experiences
6. Advocacy starts from the inside.
8. Use some software. Or ask your agency to.
9. Thank Them.
• Recognition and amplification
• Top advocate call-outs
• Retweet, reshare, or comment on advocate content
• Regular ‘surprise and delight’ Thank You’s
• Brand swag
• Access to opportunities and events
• Pay the semi-pros (eg some bloggers)
10. Track your Advocate Marketing Value (AMV).
A recommended game plan
• 50 advocates minimum
• Program needs to be live for at least 6 months
• Allocated ‘thank you’ and recognition budget
• Half a day of one person’s time per week
• 3-5X ROI for AMV ($$)